Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a book (avail on Amazon/kindle) called The Slumber Party From Hell. Written by a lady who did several years for a white collar crime in Perryville. It's a brutal, miserable place

An inmate serving 27 months for a prostitution died from heat exposure after jailers left her in an outdoor cage for four hours in 107 degree heat

Marcia Powell was a 48-year-old inmate who died May 20, 2009 after exposure to 107-degree temperatures for four hours in an outside cage at Goodyear's Perryville Prison. Prison policy limits such outside confinement to a maximum of two hours.[4] An autopsy report showed that Powell had first- and second-degree burns and a core body temperature of 108 degrees. She suffered burn blisters all over her body. The county medical examiner found the cause of death to be due to complications from heat exposure.[5] According to a 3,000 page report released by the ADC, she pleaded to be taken back inside, but was ignored. She was also not allowed to use the restroom, and as a result, died in her own excrement.[6] Prison administrators fired, suspended or disciplined 16 corrections employees over Powell's death.[7] The Maricopa County Attorney's Office chose not to prosecute Arizona Department of Corrections staff in her death, claiming that there was "insufficient evidence to go forward with a prosecution against any of the named individuals".

What a horrendous story, Tex! I'm kinda surprised no charges were brought, wow! And 27 mos seems like a pretty stiff sentence for prostitution, imo. Definitely not Lady Justice at her finest.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 59m59 minutes ago
#jodiarias is back in session at 9:30am MST Today. See you there!

It must be obvious to defense that they are drawing out the testimony of this witness for too long. Constantly repeating over and over the same point. It is obvious, too, to the jury that Jodi was found guilty of 1st degree murder - extreme cruelty by the first jury. The message seems to be to attack the victim to make what Jodi did look as if she was somehow justified, which is never going to work when she has had a year to work on showing remorse for what she has never done. Instead she seemed very much occupied with making a living from prison. Defense has to know this so I'd guess Jodi is still running the show against the DT's advice. jmo

I def think she's the "wingman", chicken that is.

There is a book (avail on Amazon/kindle) called The Slumber Party From Hell. Written by a lady who did several years for a white collar crime in Perryville. It's a brutal, miserable place

An inmate serving 27 months for a prostitution died from heat exposure after jailers left her in an outdoor cage for four hours in 107 degree heat

Marcia Powell was a 48-year-old inmate who died May 20, 2009 after exposure to 107-degree temperatures for four hours in an outside cage at Goodyear's Perryville Prison. Prison policy limits such outside confinement to a maximum of two hours.[4] An autopsy report showed that Powell had first- and second-degree burns and a core body temperature of 108 degrees. She suffered burn blisters all over her body. The county medical examiner found the cause of death to be due to complications from heat exposure.[5] According to a 3,000 page report released by the ADC, she pleaded to be taken back inside, but was ignored. She was also not allowed to use the restroom, and as a result, died in her own excrement.[6] Prison administrators fired, suspended or disciplined 16 corrections employees over Powell's death.[7] The Maricopa County Attorney's Office chose not to prosecute Arizona Department of Corrections staff in her death, claiming that there was "insufficient evidence to go forward with a prosecution against any of the named individuals".

I had read that article before. Forget suspension or discipline; all involved should have been fired. No one who treats another human being that way should get away with it but if they cannot be prosecuted they should be fired to protect society. Yes, I know it is prison society but that is irrelevant; they are still human beings.

Bringing over YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

William Pitts @william_pitts

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

ETA:

Court: Monday - Thursday

NO Court on Friday.

Days off:

Thursday and Friday - November 26th and 27th (Thanksgiving)

Please add any additional tweeters ! TIA !

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

:please: for some Juan today !

:please: Justice for Travis !

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2h2 hours ago
@CarolAEJones A bit chilly but my excitement to be back in the courtroom with #JodiArias is warming me up.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago
#JodiArias trial resumes 9:30aAZT (11:30aET) with Sexpert Dr. Micçio Fonseca still on direct. PC *advertiser censored* cross motions swirling in air as well.

Question:

Why is anyone referring to this witness as the good doctor? Not being critical, just wonder if I am missing something.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 13h13 hours ago
"@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias prosecutor files new motion to dismiss the defense motion to dismiss. The reason: def tampering with PC evidence."

@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias trial going to *advertiser censored* abyss. Def says pros deleted *advertiser censored*. State says def hide hard drive. I say who cares its murder!

"@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias State's latest salvo in *advertiser censored* wars: motion accusing defense of switching hard drives. http://TheGoldPatrol.com "

I didn't read all of the last thread so don't know if JM's Motion to Strike was posted to it, I'll also add it to the Media and Timeline stickie so it's easy to find:

http://thetrialdiaries.com/motion-to-strike-from-juan-martinez-in-the-jodi-arias-penalty-phase/

Geevee....thank you for posting motions and the like in the timeline thread. Makes them so much easier to find.

I'm still working on the Jan 21-Jan22 pedo lie testimony and timeline over there. Just finished watching her testimony on it for the 3rd time.

Day 21. I have always believed that day of her being crossed was the heart of JM's case against her. She is a sight to behold. Soooo many long pauses and diversions and lizard lip licking and playing semantics with JM. Her worst day on the stand.

I really hope he plays an edited video of that testimony to this jury...

Question:

Why is anyone referring to this witness as the good doctor? Not being critical, just wonder if I am missing something.

Because what she really deserves to be called are against TOS, so we keep it politically correct <sarcasm>, that is my explanation.

Geevee....thank you for posting motions and the like in the timeline thread. Makes them so much easier to find.

I'm still working on the Jan 21-Jan22 pedo lie testimony and timeline over there. Just finished watching her testimony on it for the 3rd time.

Day 21. I have always believed that day of her being crossed was the heart of JM's case against her. She is a sight to behold. Soooo many long pauses and diversions and lizard lip licking and playing semantics with JM. Her worst day on the stand.

I really hope he plays an edited video of that testimony to this jury...

'Morning my friend :)

I need to rewatch that part (but it's like potato chips, you can't stop at one lol), and I agree, JM ought to play it for this jury, they will get a very powerful picture of the 'veracity' of this defendant.

Because what she really deserves to be called are against TOS, so we keep it politically correct <sarcasm>, that is my explanation.

So...it is said with a sneer. I see now. TYVM.

'Morning my friend :)

I need to rewatch that part (but it's like potato chips, you can't stop at one lol), and I agree, JM ought to play it for this jury, they will get a very powerful picture of the 'veracity' of this defendant.

Morning! Yes,he catches her in so many lies that it makes watching the testimony not only bearable but satisfying.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) So Angela Simpson gave an interview after getting a life sentence, does this mean we'll be hearing from the murderer if she gets life? I so hope nurmi finishes today early, so we can hear from Juan Martinez. I pray for Travis' family to have strength to get through this day.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) So Angela Simpson gave an interview after getting a life sentence, does this mean we'll be hearing from the murderer if she gets life? I so hope nurmi finishes today early, so we can hear from Juan Martinez. I pray for Travis' family to have strength to get through this day.

Not if Sheriff Joe has any say in the matter. :D

I'll be glad when she's out of his big house and I can go back to being critical of him. ;)

I was trying to remember why AS did not get the death penalty...she pleaded guilty as charged and in AZ only a jury can impose DP. Sorry for the OT but her crime was just so hideous.

Good morning all!

AZL, 1st question of the day - if, and I mean IF, JSS grants state's motion to strike the Compaq, can the state then request any/all testimony given concerning pedophilia be stricken? Or just anything pertaining directly to the HDD? TIA!

JM has not asked the court to strike or preclude any evidence. He has asked the court to strike JA's motion to dismiss the death penalty. The pedo allegations will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps