Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis lied?! Oh my! No wonder he was murdered. Good grief, let's not go there! Are you really believing folks in LDS church don't lie? Please!!!!!!

Curious - see Frigga's post #479.

I agree that many LDS members lie - it is a very difficult standard to uphold and maintain - especially for anyone with a normal hormonal sex drive. I'm not trying to start a riot or offend anyone's religion (I promise).

Devout LDS members are expected to hold themselves to a "higher standard" - and Travis did wear a ring to remind himself of that very thing. The "CTR" ring stands for "Chose The Right".

It truly is my belief that the DT team is using this as a strategy - Dr. MF talks about Travis conflict with sex and his religion.

Not true if you are LDS. In order to receive a temple recommend the Bishop literally asks the questions if you have masturbated, fornicated, or had thoughts of ill-repute.

Bottom line here is Travis did lie, he did portray himself as a 30 y/o virgin.

Again, I think the DT strategy is to go after 1 devout LDS juror. (JMO)

The only person that would know this would be Travis & his Bishop, if Travis told him, and it sounds like he did since he lost his Temple Reccomend. Travis wouldn't have to tell his friends about his sexual activities.

I agree the DT is trying to reach a Mormon juror with this nonsense.

Well Dr. F has accomplished one useful thing today. She has reminded me to check if I can get tix to Book of Mormon while in London.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 15s 15 seconds ago
Fonseca- You are mischaracterizing what I'm saying #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 34s 34 seconds ago
Juan- So where does it say in Mormon doctrine if you are a Mormon for a short period of time you have less to lose? #jodiarias #3tvarias

Thank you Juan Martinez!

Well Dr. F has accomplished one useful thing today. She has reminded me to check if I can get tix to Book of Mormon while in London.

Do it, you will not be disappointed! :)

There seems to be some confusion as to what should be posted on this thread. This is the Retrial Thread only. It is made up of primarily tweets from court and an ongoing discussion of what is taking place in the court room. All observations and discussion, opinions about what is going on during this trial are fine in the Retrial thread.

We have a Sidebar which also has the tweets from the court room and is more laid back in terms of rules. Posters are doing a excellent job of keeping up with the tweets. If you wish to post personal information and/or tweets they belong over in the Sidebar where everything is a little more relaxed. Discussion regarding other trials can go here also and it makes less work for the MODs.

Thanks, Lambchop

It's confusing bc it sounds like it is duplicative/redundant. JMVHO

ROFL!!! What the heck is happening?

So basically, JODI had more to lose by coming out of the closet with Travis. Right?

And.... wanting privacy = closeting?

Is she just saying words for the sake of saying words at this point?

Don't you understand? They are the same thing. But when you're talking about Travis it's closeting. When you're taking about Jodi, she just wants privacy because of our society's patriarchal double standards when it comes to having many sexual partners...or something.

<the above post is purely sarcastic so please don't modsnip me>

Curious - see Frigga's post #479.

I agree that many LDS members lie - it is a very difficult standard to uphold and maintain - especially for anyone with a normal hormonal sex drive. I'm not trying to start a riot or offend anyone's religion (I promise).

Devout LDS members are expected to hold themselves to a "higher standard" - and Travis did wear a ring to remind himself of that very thing. The "CTR" ring stands for "Chose The Right".

It truly is my belief that the DT team is using this as a strategy - Dr. MF talks about Travis conflict with sex and his religion.

Ok, but as a Christian I try to hold myself to a higher standard also. But we sin every day. We ask forgivenss every day and maybe, just maybe today I can be a better Christian than I was yesterday. Maybe LDS doesn't follow the Bible. Don't they have their own? Anyway, to each his own. My only point is how hypocritical this sleazy, lazy, lowdown defense team is. They want to destroy Travis and in the end, will they save Jodi from her fate? Nope! Btw, dr F doesn't have a clue what she is talking about.

ETA. Post 479 kinda made my point about LDS rules and the people who are actual members being human. Not excusing sin, just saying the defense are barking up the wrong tree.

It's confusing bc it sounds like it is duplicative/redundant. JMVHO

Retrial is a resource for anyone wanting to look up and search trial information. We have had complaints from posters that too much chit chat going back and forth in the retrial thread. Posters want to come in later in the day and read what happened in court not have to scan through off topic posts. The Sidebar has duplicate information but it is a more relaxed atmosphere where a poster can post personal experiences and off topic subjects.

The only thing "closeted" in this entire trial is the imaginary gun, on top of the 7 foot shelve pushed wayyyy back in a holster...that could ONLY be seen by JA as she was dusting....in the closet

I have to wonder if Alyce is tracking this testimony via tweets. I believe 100% she is. Given that, she is probably Cringing by hearing this woman tell Juan exactly what he wants to hear. Juan is doing an awesome job of putting words we want to hear in Doc's mouth. Love it. She has been so damning for the defense. No matter who else the defense puts up for Jodi 'os defense, it is too late for them. This Doc confirmed that Jodi was a jealous perverted stalker. Cannot undo that, because it is all the truth. Go Juan!!!

Don't you understand? They are the same thing. But when you're talking about Travis it's closeting. When you're taking about Jodi, she just wants privacy because of our society's patriarchal double standards when it comes to having many sexual partners...or something.

I didn't! I didn't understand at all.
I have to remember.... T-Dogg = Abusive. J-Dogg = Assertive.
Going to put a sticky on my monitor.

Unless Nurmi knows for a fact there's an observant Mormon on the jury, his strategy is nuts.

Aiming for everyone else but The One to stay neutral-ish is one thing. Riling up the All but One with pedo and abuse and no remorse will backfire, because the All but One , truly alienated and angry , will more likely than not keep on arguing until the One gives in.

@william_pitts
Focusing on "suffering in silence" bc it bears on the sentencing decision. No suffering = no sympathy. #JodiArias
Twitter09:53AM
Nurmi objects, we're approaching, sidebar... #JodiAriasTwitter09:55AM
Martinnez was starting to question about why #JodiArias went on all these vacations with #TravisAlexander if she didn't like him. Q about NMTwitter09:56AM
probably half the jurors taking notes right now. One or two stretching a bit during the sidebar.Twitter09:57AM
RT @monicalindstrom: So DrF didn't interview anyone other than #JodiArias, she reviewed documents written by people.Twitter09:59AM
Judge tells Nurmi "we'll check in at the break." Apparently they're scheduling sidebars now. #JodiAriasTwitter10:00AM
I swear in no other court i've ever seen do they approach to explain an objection every time they have one. #JodiAriasTwitter10:01AM
Martinez asking about the trip to "this Mormon site". #JodiArias Twitter10:02AM
Nurmi's objecting to "mischaracterizing testimony again"...and it's not working. Overruled. #JodiAriasTwitter10:05AM
Questioning about #JodiArias "peeping" thorugh a window at #TravisAlexander kissing another woman.Twitter10:10AM
#JodiArias saw kissing right? Yes. And she saw this woman's bra was off right? Yes.Twitter10:10AM
Martinez: she came over unannounced and went into his backyard right? Even though she had the code go through the garage? #JodiAriasTwitter10:11AM
Fonseca doesn't remember if #JodiArias had the code. Martinez says we heard it in a tape, so does she not believe #JodiArias ?Twitter10:11AM
Fonseca: She had her things in the house so she had access to the house. #JodiAriasTwitter10:12AM
Fonseca: i wasn't there i don't know how she could have gotten in. #JodiAriasTwitter10:12AM
Martienz: She didn't ring the doorbell right?Twitter10:13AM
#JodiArias told Fonseca she was in the backyard and saw through the sliding glass door.Twitter10:13AM
Fonseca agrees she went to the backyard intentionally. Martinez: "that's not suffering in silence is it?" #JodiAriasTwitter10:14AM
Fonseca: "theres an intrusiveness there...yes." #JodiAriasTwitter10:14AM
morning recess. 10 mins. #JodiAriasTwitter10:15AM
Fonseca: It's confusing in the use of terms, isn't it? People who have terminated a relationship don't have contact. #JodiAriasTwitter10:36AM
Martinez keeps asking a question while the judge is talking, Fonseca can't keep track of who's talking to who. #JodiAriasTwitter10:37AM
and yet Stephens says nothing to Martinez about not waiting for her to talk. #JodiAriasTwitter
10:37AM
"People may break up and continue to have sex for years if that works for them right?" -- MartinezTwitter10:38AM
#JodiArias gave a date under oath. Martinez says Fonseca doesn't believe it?Twitter10:40AM
Nurmi objects, gets it struck, Martinez asks the same question again with a word or two different and it's overruled. Huh? #JodiAriasTwitter10:40AM
Martinez: so you don't believe it right? #JodiAriasTwitter10:41AM
Martinez: "Isn;t it true that you want #TravisAlexander to kiss and tell?" Objection and we're at sidebar. #JodiAriasTwitter10:43AM
Martinez rephrases "kiss and tell". If he doesn't tell everyone, you're labeling that as closeted right? F: no, that's not what I meantTwitter10:45AM
Martinez: you're saying that he should have gone around telling people he was having sex?Twitter10:49AM
Fonseca: #TravisAlexander was a master of deception #JodiAriasTwitter10:49AM
Nurmi objects that JM is mischaracterizing her testimony. He's overruled, Fonseca told to answer. She says Martinez is mischaracterizingTwitter10:50AM
JM: So you want #TravisAlexander to say on such and such a date i put my penis inside this woman? Objection.Twitter10:51AM
Fonseca going back to friends saying they were shocked #TravisAlexander wasn't a virgin. #JodiAriasTwitter10:51AM
Martinez: "that's the point, a sexual life is a private thing isn't it?" Fonseca: Yes. #JodiaAriasTwitter10:55AM
Martienz: If she doesn't discuss it it doesn't make her closeted, it makes her private, doesnt it? #JodiaAriasTwitter10:56AM
Fonseca: Well private and closeted are the same thing aren't they? That's what JM wanted out of her...closeted sounds worse than private.Twitter10:56AM
Doubt there's a single person on this jury who disagrees with their sex life being private... #JodiaAriasTwitter10:57AM
#JodiaArias looking at the jury. Now sidebar.Twitter10:59AM

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 46s 46 seconds ago
Fonseca- it's not the same. Travis was more involved in being a Mormon than Jodi. #jodiarias #3tvarias

why should it matter how involved someone is,the rules of the religion still apply. you cant say on im just a little bit mormon and choose which rules you like

Arias did.

Bottom line, Travis' lies does not equate to pedophilia/abuse, hence, inconsequential.

meganrcassidy &#8207;@meganrcassidy 3m3 minutes ago
Fonseca: People were shocked to find out that #travisalexander was not a virgin. #JodiArias

so?!
I mean really, what was Travis to do- he was being touted as this Mormon virgin by his friends and coworkers (I am sure this really bothered him internally)... this "great catch". What was he going to do... out himself?

No way.

Poor Travis.

Ok, but as a Christian I try to hold myself to a higher standard also. But we sin every day. We ask forgivenss every day and maybe, just maybe today I can be a better Christian than I was yesterday. Maybe LDS doesn't follow the Bible. Don't they have their own? Anyway, to each his own. My only point is how hypocritical this sleazy, lazy, lowdown defense team is. They want to destroy Travis and in the end, will they save Jodi from her fate? Nope! Btw, dr F doesn't have a clue what she is talking about.

In my personal experience becoming an LDS church member was like being a Christian on steroids! The LDS does follow the King James version of the Bible, in addition to the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and The Doctorine and Covenants. (The latter book is the one with the Law of Chastity IIRC).

There is one more "higher standard" that Travis held in his church that Jodi did not. He was a "Priesthood holder" - something Jodi could never attain. No female has been allowed this opportunity in the history of the church but people (men) of color became allowed to attain in the late 1970's.

I do agree with you that it is a slimy way to destroy Travis. I think the thing that is even slimmier (sic?) is that the DT is placing doubts in his family member's minds of Travis' chances for eternal salvation. That is what breaks my heart the most. This defense and Jodi is all about hurting Travis and his family, not only in ths life - but also the afterlife.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 51s 52 seconds ago
Fonseca- well there is a double standard. A man can can many partners and be a stud a woman does and she's a *advertiser censored* or *advertiser censored*. #jodiarias
Isn't that a bit antiquated or is it just me? I dunno - I think if there's no exclusivity or commitment it's fair for consenting adults, regardless of gender.

But I wonder if she's aware there's another common double standard out there - men can kill violently and brutally for seemingly no reason whatsoever. If a woman kills a man violently and brutally - it HAS to be because the male victim did something to 'deserve' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop