Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Substance/Drug Abuse - What's Been Stated

First, we have her growing/using marijuana at age 15 - busted by mom/dad who told Det. Flores that she was caught growing it on their roof. They got the police involved to try to scare her, and things went downhill after that. Jodi angry they snooped in her room/belongings. She never trusted them after that.

Then we have her statement during her post conviction interview with Troy Hayden that there was no history of abuse, no drugs, no alcoholism:

Troy: “So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?”

Jodi: “Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn’t beat me hard enough, so I don’t have mitigation.”

And then we have to add this from the trial:

Juror Question
#80) When did you realize you had memory loss, the approximate date?

JA: If that's a reference to June 4th, when I pulled over in the car, and started looking around for the water, shoes, everything, just trying to clean myself up and that kind of thing, I can attribute it maybe to um, I had memory loss one time, when I was 19, because it was alcohol related and one time when I was 15, it was alcohol related. That’s the only thing I can attribute it too, like a blackout so then sometimes I couldn't remember certain things, some things have come back to me since. Just not all of it.
http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-2.pdf

MY COMMENTS:
1) Note she doesn't tell the juror she also has/had/may have a memory loss from Age 12-14 (or whatever ages were discussed today about her "possible but I don't remember if it really happened" abuse).

2) If she was having "alcohol related" memory loss/blackout beginning at AGE 15, growing marijuana on the roof at age 15, leaving school at lunchtime and going off campus to meet her "older" boyfriend at a gas station, cutting school, sneaking out of the house at night, then these are all pretty good "indicators" of the types of behaviors that Jodi was displaying that would seem to cause her parents to react the way she describes.

Substance/Drug Abuse - What's Been Stated

First, we have her growing/using marijuana at age 15 - busted by mom/dad who told Det. Flores that she was caught growing it on their roof. They got the police involved to try to scare her, and things went downhill after that. Jodi angry they snooped in her room/belongings. She never trusted them after that.

Then we have her statement during her post conviction interview with Troy Hayden that there was no history of abuse, no drugs, no alcoholism:

Troy: “So Kirk Nurmi said there are no mitigating factors for you in terms of arguing against the death penalty?”

Jodi: “Um nothing that is what you typically see in a case like this, such as a childhood where there was drugs, alcoholism, molestation, none of those things occurred in my family so I guess we would sort of joke that my mom didn’t beat me hard enough, so I don’t have mitigation.”

And then we have to add this from the trial:

Juror Question
#80) When did you realize you had memory loss, the approximate date?

JA: If that's a reference to June 4th, when I pulled over in the car, and started looking around for the water, shoes, everything, just trying to clean myself up and that kind of thing, I can attribute it maybe to um, I had memory loss one time, when I was 19, because it was alcohol related and one time when I was 15, it was alcohol related. That’s the only thing I can attribute it too, like a blackout so then sometimes I couldn't remember certain things, some things have come back to me since. Just not all of it.
http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-2.pdf

MY COMMENTS:
1) Note she doesn't tell the juror she also has/had/may have a memory loss from Age 12-14 (or whatever ages were discussed today about her "possible but I don't remember if it really happened" abuse).

2) If she was having "alcohol related" memory loss/blackout beginning at AGE 15, growing marijuana on the roof at age 15, leaving school at lunchtime and going off campus to meet her "older" boyfriend at a gas station, cutting school, sneaking out of the house at night, then these are all pretty good "indicators" of the types of behaviors that Jodi was displaying that would seem to cause her parents to react the way she describes.

Good catch about her not mentioning any memory loss at ages 12-14 in the original trial.

Poor Juan. I don't know where he's even going to start to tear down this new round of ridiculous lies. And he should not have to be working this hard. He should be expecting a little help from the judge to prevent all these new allegations and outright lies from making their way into this phase.

Maybe this is JSS's way of punishing him for making her go through all this again when she could have just sentenced the murderess after the last phase and she wouldn't have to be dealing with JA, KN and JW either.

MOO

It mellows most people out. A friend and I had a theory many, many, many years ago that if you got all of the world leaders high at a conference all of the problems could be solved for the promise of a bag of chips.

That's genius!! :floorlaugh:

The interview with Carl just stated that she was quiet and withdrawn and stayed in her room around this time. Which is normal for a 12-14yr old girl just starting puberty but not yet old enough to be going "out with friends" IMO. Now how old is this interview? I think they just saw that information in Carl's interview and made up this "fog" during that time period because of what he said. Which was probably just an innocent observation of his big sister no longer wanting to "play" with him because she was growing up and maturing.

Either that or he was in this to lie for his sister and said anything they needed him to say.

MOO

Quiet, withdrawn and staying in her room all the time? Sheesh, that sounds like me when I was that age, I remember being completely miserable, didn't have a very good family situation, was as unhappy as a girl could be. At times I wondered how I survived. I had a tyrannical, abusive father and a depressed, shadow of a mother. Yet out of all the ex-boyfriends I had, and the one ex-husband I had, not at any time did I stab one 29 times and almost decapitate him then drag his dead body into a shower, then take a shower and clean up. God she makes me sick. This case makes me sick. This evil being just needs to go away. Here's a solution, just put her in a cave on a deserted island and give her a volleyball.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Jodi says her family never had money but in adulthood Jodi was loaning Travis money when she didn't have it #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Darryl's sister Lora stated Jodi spent more money than she did. Jodi would spend money and go overboard on men #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
What affects would coming from an abusive home have on someone. Well if a female was hit then she would think this is normal #JODIarias
(But she wanted her mom to leave her dad, she didn't think it was normal! My(Nali)Opinion)

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 32s32 seconds ago
This causes low self esteem to come from a home like this and the testing showed that #jodiarias #3tvarias

Remember Jodi said she took groceries to Bobby J and left them on his doorstep because he wouldn't answer the door. He'd also hang up the phone when she called.

Why has Dr. G brought up the validity scales score high for "substance abuse" even though was no known "substance abuse"? I've wondered if Jodi was a drug user excluding the marijuana in her late teens.

Google Bobby Juarez and look a the table above Bobby's right shoulder. There are lines of coke and both Jodi and Bobby look ***** faced, and it looks like Jodi is holding a hit of something. Jodi is also wearing a superman shirt and has her hair in braids in another photo. She looks to be 15 17 years old. There is also several pictures of Matt M. Matt M is the one that claims he saw Jodi all beaten and bruised. Seems like if it's true he would be on the stand, but I have my own opinion of him. He was Bobby's room mate and picked up where Bobby dumped her. I think Matt was dealing drugs and there is no way Nurmi is going to put him on the stand. I also think Jodi's stop to see Matt M was to get something to keep her awake for her trip to Mesa.

Did anyone else fine this odd;
01:22PM @TrialDiariesJ Being embarrassed in public such as in Jan 07 in her journal she noted Travis called her a *advertiser censored*. #jodiarias #3tvarias Twitter

They had just started "dating" and he called her a *advertiser censored* in public? She continued to date him for months after this occurred?

How about how she allegedly performed oral sex on him and then allegedly let him have anal sex with her before they even started dating?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander
She and Alexander met in September 2006 at a Prepaid Legal Services conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. On November 26, 2006, Arias was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Alexander.[12] Alexander and Arias began dating in February 2007.[7][12] After the two broke up in June 2007, Arias moved to Mesa, Arizona.[13] In April 2008, she moved to Yreka, California, and lived with her grandparents.[3]

I doubt she ever was, more like she was sent away to a Juvenile Detention facility, or something else. I wish I knew her age at the time. Off to research. Thanks

Good luck with that, iirc that may be where the lil sister had gone for her rehab just before JA got arrested. Unfortunately all the info that I had dug up last year seems have been scrubbed.

I think he's doing his best. And frankly I don't even know if JSS has actually refused him witness interviews, allowed any witnesses to testify by affidavit over his objection, or refused to order the DT to hand over evidence, because we are trying to figure out what happened based on tweets. And most of the tweets are not even from people who seem to understand any of the legal procedures.

For the last 2 days, though, we have absolutely been talking about mitigating evidence. This is exactly what mitigation is supposed to look like: psychologists testifying about the defendant's horrible childhood and mental illnesses.

Wouldn't letting the DT get away with making it so the PT can only interview the people on their(DT's) witness list through them(the DT), as in not giving the PT any contact info, be tantamount to not letting the PT interview the witnesses?

Well, there are an awful lot of things being implied. Has anything been claimed that has been proven? Please advise, anyone who knows--because I certainly missed it.

You mean JA's word isn't good enough for you? :innocent:

Watching old Andy Griffith episodes and the sheriff just told a parent to go outside and get a switch to handle his bratty spoiled child. Lol. I was also browsing the web and came across this story of a mother calling in to scold her two grown pundit sons for argueing on air, lol, and the comments are talking about child rearing and the wooden spoon. I thought what a coincidence!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...jor-surprise-when-they-got-a-call-on-live-tv/

2hgbvpl.jpg

2lieo0w.jpg

I think these "threats" to keep the kids in line by parents who had been raised like that and in turn use the same methods on their own kids, is being spun as dramatic child abuse when I doubt the parents were knowingly/willingly being abusive to Jodi and Carl.

Not saying it's right but this might have just been how they knew to discipline a child.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
12/17/2014 8:00 AM

12/15/2014

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY TWENTY-TWO

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that Defense returned Exhibits 734 and 735 on 12/8/14.
9:35 a.m. Trial to Jury continues from 12/2/14...

Various rulings made as stated on the record....

Dr. Robert Geffner is sworn and testifies....

Defense Exhibit 761 is marked for identification....
Defense Exhibits 762 and 763 are marked for identification...

Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 762 in evidence.
Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 763 in evidence.

Defense Exhibit 764 is marked for identification.

Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 764 in evidence....

Defense Exhibits 765-767 are marked for identification....

Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 765 in evidence.
Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 767 in evidence.
Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 766 in evidence.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122014/m6618427.pdf

I have a feeling Geffner is going to be combative with Juan just like all the other defense experts so far. Hopefully the jury can see through this hired gun's motives and BS. Being spanked with a wooden spoon has nothing to do with butchering a decent man to death. In fact, I'll say that her parents were probably not strict enough. It's not their fault though. And, they can make nasty allegations against Travis and repeat them a million times but it does not make them true. A person with even a little bit of common-sense can see that Travis was a decent, kind (too kind to Arias) man. PERIOD. This woman was doomed to be a murderess no matter who did what in her life. She's just plain rotten inside.

I can't wait for Juan to decimate Geffner on cross-examination. He has earned it! Is it too much to ask that he spill his water again?:laugh:

Wilmont has to sit done before we get to see Juan up. Maybe that will
Be today or not. I agree Geffner will be like all their other witnesses and hopefully the jury will wonder what they are hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilmont has to sit done before we get to see Juan up. Maybe that will
Be today or not. I agree Geffner will be like all their other witnesses and hopefully the jury will wonder what they are hiding.

She said they would need this whole week for Geffner.:gaah:

This is never going to end.

Is there any trial next week. I know it's Christmas week so of there is it will be very limited. Maybe 1 day???

Unfortunately, if he does use any of her interviews in which she states she had a decent childhood, the DT will twist those statements into yet more proof of her traumatized state of denial, trying to please others, fear of her parents' wrath, hippo-fog, or what have you. I'm not criticizing psychology, but it's not just an inexact science but an elastic one. Nothing wrong with that but, as with these DT experts, its highly interpretive nature can be used to manipulate the truth.

I agree completely with your summary of the (conveniently) "elastic" nature of psychology, but in Arias' case, there's just so much being thrown at the wall that it's ultimately and inevitably self-contradicting - it collapses in on itself and self destructs. And that's without factoring in Arias' contradictory and documented behaviors, and complete lack of emotion in court - the final death blow to credibility.

She said they would need this whole week for Geffner.:gaah:

I read a tweet that Geffner will on the stand for the whole week but only two days of direct. I am not sure.

The number of vague and contradictory tweets is staggering. I wish our Websleuthers were in court...we'd have the entire trial written down word for word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member