Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go get some rest friend. We need you alert and in top form late at night, when it gets quiet.

Thanks a lot. I feel really great for the first time in a few days now. I think part of it is that I got some really good news. I went to Wegmans and got some necessary items to make some hamburger helper. I got two pounds of ground beef and I'll freeze the overage for later! My mailbox is outside and I got my mail, there was a letter with really good news in it. (Sorry, I can't tell you what it was yet. Hopefully it will work out the way it should.)

Well now I'm going to catch up! :happydance:

They are trying ti insinuate that she is a sexual abuse victim by implying that the reason she has no memories of 12-14 is because she is trying to block out the abuse. :facepalm:

Well, there are an awful lot of things being implied. Has anything been claimed that has been proven? Please advise, anyone who knows--because I certainly missed it.

Then the fog rolls in ano anything she does in the next 7 minutes is anyone's guess

I'm dating myself here:

It's like those infamous missing minutes on the Nixon Oval Office tapes in the Watergate trials. (But not to edify CMJA's trial to the significance of either Nixon or Watergate).

AZL, if you were in JMs position right now with this case what would your next step be to try to get the proceedings back on its course? We know JSS has ruled against JM interviewing witnesses that will testify,allowing testimony to be given via affidavit, refusal to get dt to hand over evidence in which they motioned the court to satisfy relief. I mean, yes JM us technically representing the state of Arizona but most importantly he is representing Travis Alexander. At what point, has the family of TAs constitutional rights become violated? As a laymen watching it appears JSS has forgotten one very important person in the case, and that is Travis Alexander the victim. Our justice system is supposed to be fair to both sides with a judge in the middle to weigh both parties interests based on established laws. It just appears that as each day that drags on, we get further and further away from hearing about what Jodi arias had in her life to mitigate the crime she committed as the state seeks the ultimate penalty.

You are so spot on. She is trying to get just one male juror to think she is too attractive to give her the DP. I was reading her blog, I know, the shame. :shame: And one of her wiccan followers advised her to go this route.:eek:hwow:

This is not aimed at you Moonchime, it's just a little thing I want everyone to know.

Just to let people know. Wiccans aren't generally this crazy. I have Wiccan friends who are very good people. So I hope nobody is judging them by this trial and a very, very small percentage who are nutjobs.

'Fun bags' aka deflating breasts. Another thing she can look forward to in prison...implant failure.

:laughcry: Now there's a bright silver lining if she gets LWOP. They'll probably be removed and not replaced.

Hope it's alright.

Maybe Geff's testiphony just has him a little overwrought with emution.

:giggle: :emu:

It's interesting to see how the killer changed her descriptions of Travis' actions to suit her at varying stages. When speaking with Flores initially, Travis was always so nice and kind, did this and that for her, she would never harm him, etc., etc. Then when she needed to defend her own actions it became necessary to say Travis might have had times when he was hard to deal with. And now that her life is on the line, not one kind word can be found to describe Travis Alexander--he was a cruel abusive womanizer who lusted after young children and even on a good day the best he could do is palm off his old car on this poor financially strapped woman...

blah blah blah...I hope the jurors are not as stupid as the DT is giving them credit for.

Yes, it's all pretty transparent, no? Like you, I hope--and am optimistic that--the jurors will easily see through the self-serving (and ever interchangeable) lies.

Thanks a lot. I feel really great for the first time in a few days now. I think part of it is that I got some really good news. I went to Wegmans and got some necessary items to make some hamburger helper. I got two pounds of ground beef and I'll freeze the overage for later! My mailbox is outside and I got my mail, there was a letter with really good news in it. (Sorry, I can't tell you what it was yet. Hopefully it will work out the way it should.)

Great news all around, you're feeling better and you got good news. Fingers crossed it works out.

PS---hamburger helper, haven't had that stuff in years...every time I see it in stores I'm always tempted. So many more varieties than when we used to eat it.

Well, there are an awful lot of things being implied. Has anything been claimed that has been proven? Please advise, anyone who knows--because I certainly missed it.

I don't think one thing JA testified to for 19 days and that the 3 stooges from California have testified on her behalf for what feels like weeks on end has been proven.

Nope...can't think of one thing. Except that she staged a sex tape phone call. Oh wait...that's not exactly how she described it. Nope. Not a thing.

MOO

I hope that Juan waits until after the defense presents their case, then he subpoenas Carl. Really gets into the whole family dynamics with him. I'm sure it is a lot easier for Carl to exaggerate their up bringing in a closed meeting with Dr. G then it will be for him to go against his parents in open court.
A much as I cannot wait for Juan to tear into this expert, I hope that JW keeps him on the stand long enough that Juan will be able to start his cross and get in points for the jury to ponder for two weeks, but not finish with him before break. That will give Juan two weeks to be able to check prepare the final pounce. Also giving him a chance to interview any of these people that Dr G interviewed. I don't see Juan taking a two week break when there is work to be done.
The defense would of been better off having this witness testify last week giving Juan no time to prepare.

Is it possible Carl will testify, or is Geffner speaking for him because he is not going to be called?

Given this witness has been saying things that he supposedly gleaned from an interview with Carl, I wonder if the jurors will not be curious as to why Carl never testified. He's not unavailable so could have been called and it would seem reasonable that he would help his sister. If I were a juror I would question why Carl does not appear to speak for this sister, even if their bond was only as sibs who were abused physically and emotionally by mommy and daddy.

AZL, if you were in JMs position right now with this case what would your next step be to try to get the proceedings back on its course? We know JSS has ruled against JM interviewing witnesses that will testify,allowing testimony to be given via affidavit, refusal to get dt to hand over evidence in which they motioned the court to satisfy relief. I mean, yes JM us technically representing the state of Arizona but most importantly he is representing Travis Alexander. At what point, has the family of TAs constitutional rights become violated? As a laymen watching it appears JSS has forgotten one very important person in the case, and that is Travis Alexander the victim. Our justice system is supposed to be fair to both sides with a judge in the middle to weigh both parties interests based on established laws. It just appears that as each day that drags on, we get further and further away from hearing about what Jodi arias had in her life to mitigate the crime she committed as the state seeks the ultimate penalty.

I think he's doing his best. And frankly I don't even know if JSS has actually refused him witness interviews, allowed any witnesses to testify by affidavit over his objection, or refused to order the DT to hand over evidence, because we are trying to figure out what happened based on tweets. And most of the tweets are not even from people who seem to understand any of the legal procedures.

For the last 2 days, though, we have absolutely been talking about mitigating evidence. This is exactly what mitigation is supposed to look like: psychologists testifying about the defendant's horrible childhood and mental illnesses.

Well now I'm going to catch up! :happydance:

Well I just knew it.... you ARE a tease. Regardless, I will keep my fingers, toes, eyes, and other body parts crossed for it to work out the way you want. I sure hope it doesn't involve sheep, LMAO. Did you ever get the thank you email sent to your buddy? :laughing:

Is it possible Carl will testify, or is Geffner speaking for him because he is not going to be called?

Given this witness has been saying things that he supposedly gleaned from an interview with Carl, I wonder if the jurors will not be curious as to why Carl never testified. He's not unavailable so could have been called and it would seem reasonable that he would help his sister. If I were a juror I would question why Carl does not appear to speak for this sister, even if their bond was only as sibs who were abused physically and emotionally by mommy and daddy.

My guess is he (Carl) was to be one of the three super secret witnesses that are now only going to hand over affidavits instead.

Unfortunately, if he does use any of her interviews in which she states she had a decent childhood, the DT will twist those statements into yet more proof of her traumatized state of denial, trying to please others, fear of her parents' wrath, hippo-fog, or what have you. I'm not criticizing psychology, but it's not just an inexact science but an elastic one. Nothing wrong with that but, as with these DT experts, its highly interpretive nature can be used to manipulate the truth.
Yet, what's her motive to lie in a post-conviction interview?? I don't see her giving that interview directed towards her parents. Didn't she want the truth out there at that point?

Still in high school. Still don't understand how someone with such bad grades can be an exchange student. Weird.

ETA: link: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/05/arias-testimony

While Arias was still in high school and had broken up Juarez for the first time, Arias moved to Costa Rica as a foreign exchange student. There, she began dating the son of her host family.

Arias told the jury that she had feelings for him, but wasn't in love with him. "I wouldn’t say totally in love, but it was my first taste of being, like just feeling like warm about somebody,” Arias said.

After she returned to California, Arias and her Costa Rican boyfriend broke up. Arias and Juarez got back together, and she eventually moved in with him and his parents.

Yes, it's curious, isn't it that another national education system, and not just another local school board, was willing to take on a student with such a dismal record? Hmmmm . . . I can only suppose that Costa Rica's Ministry of Education had the mind-reading abilities of Dr. Fonz and thought "Yowza! This applicant is an Einstein, a Monet, and a Van Gogh!"

This is not aimed at you Moonchime, it's just a little thing I want everyone to know.

Just to let people know. Wiccans aren't generally this crazy. I have Wiccan friends who are very good people. So I hope nobody is judging them by this trial and a very, very small percentage who are nutjobs.

:laughcry: Now there's a bright silver lining if she gets LWOP. They'll probably be removed and not replaced.

:giggle: :emu:

BBM

I think she's got that covered as part of the appeal fund. She'll have her people set aside just enough to get those fun bags replaced if necessary. In fact, if they're reading here, we've probably just taken care of that for her. You're welcome JA. :wave:

MOO

B5AHpVzCMAA-aAd.jpg

His mismatched hair and mustache would distract the crap out of me, lol.

Looks like he uses "Just for Hired Guns".

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Geffner is talking about an experiment with dogs. Shocking the dogs in a cage at random and how the dogs adapted to it over time. #jodiarias

I must admit that there is something a little nice about hearing Jodi compared to a dog. I hope Juan asked; "If you kick a dog so hard that you never see it again. Is that a sign of something psychotic?"

What an absolutely sickening practice!!

It's the same principle behind invisible fences.

Someone refresh my memory. Didn't JA say (I know, I know......nothing but a liar that one) that after MM she dated his roommate? She and MM stayed friends. Broke up with roommate, heard about the job at the hotel that DB worked at so moved there. Either she went there first and MM followed her or MM went there first and she followed him. Something about not having a room to stay in so they slept in a tent?!? Then she sunk her hooks into DB costing him his job so they could date. Is all of that right?

It's interesting to see how the killer changed her descriptions of Travis' actions to suit her at varying stages. When speaking with Flores initially, Travis was always so nice and kind, did this and that for her, she would never harm him, etc., etc. Then when she needed to defend her own actions it became necessary to say Travis might have had times when he was hard to deal with. And now that her life is on the line, not one kind word can be found to describe Travis Alexander--he was a cruel abusive womanizer who lusted after young children and even on a good day the best he could do is palm off his old car on this poor financially strapped woman...

blah blah blah...I hope the jurors are not as stupid as the DT is giving them credit for.
RBBM: I hope it backfires!

Looks like he uses "Just for Hired Guns".

I must admit that there is something a little nice about hearing Jodi compared to a dog. I hope Juan asked; "If you kick a dog so hard that you never see it again. Is that a sign of something psychotic?"

It's the same principle behind invisible fences.

BBM

Now Steely, that is an insult to all dogs!! As a dog mom of 4 I am outraged. For your penance, you can send them a bag of beggin' strips!

For a while there today I was thinking it was going to come out that Carl was doing things to her...
Yes, but that would made him 10-12 yrs old..

Who knows what it is. Did something else "traumatic" happen to Jodi from 12-14? When was her youngest sister, Angela born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!