Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many more lies today.

She tells lie 1. Then she tells lie 2, which is the opposite of lie 1. Then she tells lie 3 which is completely different. Then she sprinkles a mashup of all three with new lie details for 4, 5, and 6.

I think they are trying to imply that she was sexually abused, but blocked it out of her memory.

If she blocked out the memory, how does she know it happened? Did the perp confess?

Something is not ringing true again.

So many more lies today.

She tells lie 1. Then she tells lie 2, which is the opposite of lie 1. Then she tells lie 3 which is completely different. Then she sprinkles a mashup of all three with new lie details for 4, 5, and 6.

Then she blames the lies on Travis.

I think they are trying to imply that she was sexually abused, but blocked it out of her memory.

MF also kinda went there and then said there was no evidence of it. Much like her going through all that pedo crap then say she doesn't believe Travis was one.

I'm trying to catch up on today's events but am only about half way through this thread. So far, my sense of today's testimony, when coupled with the testimony of the DT's other psychological experts <cough> is like those musical rounds we learned as children. ALV, Dr F, and now Dr. Geff are each saying the same hollow phrases (to the tune of "Frere Jacques," or such like).

How about 3 blind mice?

Does anyone recall how old CMJA was when she "supposedly" was an exchange student? TIA. I will wait a bit before I go searching. My hippocampus is acting up from all the BS slung our way today.

I don't remember in what day it was but she said Travis had "palmed" the car of on her.. much different than what she told Det. Flores about the great deal Travis gave her on the car.

Palm Off : to dispose of usually by trickery or guile

It's interesting to see how the killer changed her descriptions of Travis' actions to suit her at varying stages. When speaking with Flores initially, Travis was always so nice and kind, did this and that for her, she would never harm him, etc., etc. Then when she needed to defend her own actions it became necessary to say Travis might have had times when he was hard to deal with. And now that her life is on the line, not one kind word can be found to describe Travis Alexander--he was a cruel abusive womanizer who lusted after young children and even on a good day the best he could do is palm off his old car on this poor financially strapped woman...

blah blah blah...I hope the jurors are not as stupid as the DT is giving them credit for.

Bwah! The next motion will be to preclude Juan from questioning her because she is fearful of him and can't express herself properly in his presence. In fact, remove him to the media viewing room so she can testify. :rolleyes:
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

If she blocked out the memory, how does she know it happened? Did the perp confess?

Something is not ringing true again.

They are trying ti insinuate that she is a sexual abuse victim by implying that the reason she has no memories of 12-14 is because she is trying to block out the abuse. :facepalm:

Does anyone recall how old CMJA was when she "supposedly" was an exchange student? TIA. I will wait a bit before I go searching. My hippocampus is acting up from all the BS slung our way today.

Still in high school. Still don't understand how someone with such bad grades can be an exchange student. Weird.

ETA: link: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/05/arias-testimony

While Arias was still in high school and had broken up Juarez for the first time, Arias moved to Costa Rica as a foreign exchange student. There, she began dating the son of her host family.

Arias told the jury that she had feelings for him, but wasn't in love with him. "I wouldn&#8217;t say totally in love, but it was my first taste of being, like just feeling like warm about somebody,&#8221; Arias said.

After she returned to California, Arias and her Costa Rican boyfriend broke up. Arias and Juarez got back together, and she eventually moved in with him and his parents.

OT, I know (and I promise mod-gods to keep the OT to this one post). Both my parents died at this time of year, twenty-three years apart. While Christmas is always a happy time for me with my own child, I always privately get a little wistful and teary eyed, as do my two siblings.

Awww, I am so sorry for your losses, that has to be hard on anyone. I will tell Santa to make this year one of your best. It's okay to get teary eyed too. Big hugs coming your way.

Wouldn't it have to be marked as an Exhibit to be given to the jury to peruse? Or are there no exhibits marked in a penalty phase?

Yes, there are exhibits and they are marked.

Why do the media attorneys have to fight to get this transcript when the COA ordered it to be released immediately?

What an excellent question. :gaah:

Azlawyer, do you think this case cries out for stronger victims rights bills in Arizona? I always thought that is why we have the laws we do for murder victims since they cannot confront their accuser the accuser still had a level of weighted evidence. I would still think even victims of a crime still should have that right. Since, a lot of murder cases are to actually silence their victim so they can never tell their side of the story.

There are a lot of protections in AZ for victims and their families. I think there should be additional protections where allegations are being made by the defendant against a murder victim that would be defamation if the victim were alive and the allegations were untrue. Perhaps those allegations could be previewed by the judge "in camera" to determine if there is even enough evidence to justify going to the jury. It's tough to balance the interests here, because the defendants do have very important constitutional rights that need to be protected. You can't prevent them from telling their version of the truth.

AZL, I'm not sure if you answered this already, but after snooping JSS's schedule and spot checking some of her cases, she has several murder cases she's overseeing. Looking at dockets on the handful I checked, there's also what appears to be big gangs or cartel/drug cases with many defendents.

JSS was an assistant AG among other positions in law. As Assistant AG, did she oversee appeals, DP appeals? Google has the position at $43K per year? I've read elsewhere that she did in that position make decisions on appeals and that's why she was making so sure not to let an appeal slip by in JA's case.

Another thing I saw when checking her cases at random (complex capital cases) two had "prosecutal misconduct" listed on the docket (not JM). Is this a trend or normal? tia and don't laugh at my snooping skills.

Some Assistant AGs would be involved in appeals, others would not. I have no idea if she was. Avoiding successful appeals is a goal of every single trial judge, though.

Allegations of prosecutorial misconduct are extremely normal in DP cases.

Here's "one" of the transcripts from her first day on the stand during Trial #1. There may be additional testimony more specific. I have to look at Juan's cross exam to see if he addressed that. I doubt it.

2:00:38
KN: Okay. In high school, what were some of your interests?
JA: In high school um&#8230;(facial tell!) I was very interested in learning Spanish, so I took that throughout high school and middle school. Um&#8230;I was getting into art. Um&#8230;I was excited to get my driver&#8217;s license. Um&#8230;I traveled abroad to Costa Rica to learn Spanish better. Um&#8230;I had a few friends. I didn&#8217;t get&#8230;I didn&#8217;t really make a lot of&#8230;close friends like I had before. It just seemed like I was constantly making friends and then we were moving away, so um&#8230;(facial tell)&#8230;

JM: Objection. Beyond scope. She was asked what her interests were.
JSS: Sustained.

AND

Jodi travels to Costa Rica for a month to study Spanish on a student exchange program. While in Costa Rica she has a brief romance with a local teenager named Victor Arias (no relation). Victor gives Jodi a promise ring and tells her he wants to start a family with Jodi.
When Jodi returns home from Costa Rica, she & Victor maintain a long-distance relationship. Jodi says Victor is too possessive so she breaks up with him.
http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-2.pdf

AND

JUROR QUESTION #29

29) How did you know Victor's family ?

JA: Victor Arias, my ex boyfriend in Costa Rica, well I moved, didn't move there, went on an exchange program, so I lived there for a few weeks in the summer, Victor was in that household at the time, and that's how we met and that's how I knew his family. When I went back the second time, it was to spend time with his family. Victor had moved out and moved on by that point.

Still in high school. Still don't understand how someone with such bad grades can be an exchange student. Weird.

I doubt she ever was, more like she was sent away to a Juvenile Detention facility, or something else. I wish I knew her age at the time. Off to research. Thanks

Here's "one" of the transcripts from her first day on the stand during Trial #1. There may be additional testimony more specific. I have to look at Juan's cross exam to see if he addressed that. I doubt it.

2:00:38
KN: Okay. In high school, what were some of your interests?
JA: In high school um&#8230;(facial tell!) I was very interested in learning Spanish, so I took that throughout high school and middle school. Um&#8230;I was getting into art. Um&#8230;I was excited to get my driver&#8217;s license. Um&#8230;I traveled abroad to Costa Rica to learn Spanish better. Um&#8230;I had a few friends. I didn&#8217;t get&#8230;I didn&#8217;t really make a lot of&#8230;close friends like I had before. It just seemed like I was constantly making friends and then we were moving away, so um&#8230;(facial tell)&#8230;

JM: Objection. Beyond scope. She was asked what her interests were.
JSS: Sustained.

Thank you so much, that's a start for me. :thinking:

They are trying ti insinuate that she is a sexual abuse victim by implying that the reason she has no memories of 12-14 is because she is trying to block out the abuse. :facepalm:

For a while there today I was thinking it was going to come out that Carl was doing things to her...

Be sure to get a mop and bucket for all that flooding. Or, wait, is it a squeegee for all that fog? (I must say, I get a chuckle when the DT's experts can't keep their metaphors straight, but maybe that says more about me than them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member