Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM: I agree with your post but this one part. When a judge starts allowing secret testimony from the defendant, then it surely can change how cases are handled in the future. This is a death penalty trial and her rulings will matter in future court cases. JMO

Heaven Help Us, IF the way Sherry rules impacts real Courtrooms and Law in this Country.

So is Tony 'Pseudonym' or 'Somebody Else'?

I was wondering too. On 11-21-14 Beth Karas reported that Tony Klump was the person who made the first clone. She said that he used FTK and the software grabbed the wrong disk image.

ETA: Oh, I see AZlawyer has answered this while I was searching to be sure I had the correct date and everything.

Tony is "Somebody Else." We had his last name, even, at some point. Some other male individual is "Pseudonym."

What a bunch of nonsense.

It's hilariously funny if you take it out of the context of a 'deadly' serious trial!

Here's my understanding of what happened this morning. Before trial, without the jury present there was to be two hearings. One was about the computer *advertiser censored*. It was delayed because Juan needs today to interview pseudo first and he also is requesting time to verify anything that pseudo says in the interview. The other hearing was to hear from the media attorney. It was delayed because Nurmi has filed for a stay from the AZ supreme court (I specifically remember JSS saying there will be no delay while he does this).
After these two hearings the jury was to be brought back in to finish Geffner's testimony. This is not happening because Juan is interviewing pseudo. I take it that it will take Juan most of the day.
At four I think Juan will let the court know if he is ready for the hearing or needs more time. If he is ready we will have the hearing tomorrow. If not Geffner will be on the stand.
This is just what my understanding is.

Agree with everything except the part where Geffner will be back on the stand if the *advertiser censored* issue is delayed. I guess if they are forced to put him on the stand without a resolution of the *advertiser censored* issue, he can go back over all of his testimony again? (lord help us) Otherwise, how long can they stall waiting for him to possibly get the opportunity to testify about the *advertiser censored*? No way JSS will make them put Geffner up until the *advertiser censored* issue is resolved. And it looks like she's ready to let it in or she'd have ruled against that motion by now for numerous reasons.

MOO

Personally, I think she should threaten him with Saturday court. This is so not cool for the Alexander family. IMPO, JSS owes Travis' family one huge apology.

How about Friday court- that could be a start!

Wow. Mr. Pseudonym is super-shy for a (presumably) paid expert, isn't he? Ordinarily I would assume that JSS was given some stunningly good reason why he needed to have his name written on a piece of paper and then testify under a false name, but remember when I assumed she had a stunningly good reason for allowing the Mystery Witness to testify in secret? Not making that mistake again.

Which leads me to believe the two are intimately connected.

Defendant and her PI.

Agree with everything except the part where Geffner will be back on the stand if the *advertiser censored* issue is delayed. I guess if they are forced to put him on the stand without a resolution of the *advertiser censored* issue, he can go back over all of his testimony again? (lord help us) Otherwise, how long can they stall waiting for him to possibly get the opportunity to testify about the *advertiser censored*? No way JSS will make them put Geffner up until the *advertiser censored* issue is resolved. And it looks like she's ready to let it in or she'd have ruled against that motion by now for numerous reasons.

MOO

BBM: Who was it advised she had given the matter to a Special Master to resolve? Was that just a rumour?

I feel sorry for Juan. What kind of buffoon notifies someone at 4:47 pm on New Years Eve that witnesses will be available for interviewing the Friday after New Years? I can only imagine what transpired during the three hours that elapsed between Juan's interview of Neumeister and KN's decision not to call him first thing Monday.

Will the jury know that Mr Secret Pseudo is testifying in secret if that happens? I mean I guess an empty court room would be an indication. If I were a juror and an "expert" was testifying in secret, I think I would discount everything he said.

Nurmi, IMO, is made of the same cloth as the clients he likes to represent. You can tell he is shady by how he files last minute motions and sends last minute emails at 4:57 pm. He purposely waits just before the bell tolls. I think he is really enjoying all this drama he is creating. It's just sad that it is affecting so many lives and the numbers keep going up. IF this jury DOES make it to sentencing and IF this trial EVER ends, I will be very anxious to hear from these jurors. This is a trial for the books for sure. The Charles Manson trial only took 9 months and that was a long time back in that time period. I cannot believe that this MITIGATION so far has already taken up an entire year! Although we did have to stop for another trial that had been years in the making. I hope this trial causes some laws to be changed but I doubt that will happen. I am surprised that there is no uproar here in AZ about this. I am surprised there is no media hounding the courthouse over this trial. I remember in the CA trial that the judge would say the deadline for all motions to be in is XXXXX. WHY can't JSS say that? IDK the answer to that question.

I was wondering too. On 11-21-14 Beth Karas reported that Tony Klump was the person who made the first clone. She said that he used FTK and the software grabbed the wrong disk image.

ETA: Oh, I see AZlawyer has answered this while I was searching to be sure I had the correct date and everything.

I use FTK and the only way for it to "grab the wrong image" is for you to click on the wrong damn drive. So I'm not too impressed with Tony K's skills. Based on BN's interview snippets, it looks like Pseudonym is the only one in the bunch who may be an actual computer expert.

After reading the motion/sections of transcript from BN's interview, I'm agog that he's allowed to testify as an expert having anything to do with computers outside of audio/visual, he has no technical knowledge about hard drives, file systems or anything helpful or 'expert' in this regard. How is he court-qualified to testify about anything to do with the hard drive? Because Nurmi said so? I am so stunned by his answers to JM's questions, just yikes.
I was waiting for JM to tear him up on his credentials, but when that didn't happen, the only thing I could think of was that JM was somehow restrained in bringing his level of expertise into question. I still think he was, while OTOH JW talked about his Emmys and other unrelated carp forever.

BBM. Thank-you!!:clap::clap::clap: I'm tired of all the JSS bashing. It's not her fault! Blame Nurmi & the defense team for all of this garbage and delays. We don't want to start over from scratch with a new judge. When Juan gets his turn, he will win a Death sentence, just be patient people.
Not ruling on these motions in a timely manner is her fault, and not insisting that the defense follow the Rules of Criminal Procedure is too. How many trials are done in secret in this country? How often do you hear any witness talk back and otherwise disrespect a prosecutor (or defense attorney) as some of these witnesses have done - even in front of the jury! Since when does a witness, much less an 'expert' witness, get to testify anonymously, and without the state having a chance to interview them? You are correct that defense is initiating all the garbage, but it is only the judge that can stop it. They are actually getting worse as time goes on, and IMO it's JSS's failures to act that are encouraging them. As for starting from scratch with a new judge, that would only be for this phase - IMO we would get to a verdict faster that way than by continuing with this one - including time spent picking a new jury.

Travas's brother was there today. We have been hearing that he is not doing well. Cannot imagine the pain this is causing him. To be doing better and be able to make it there, and then to have this game played. This is why I think Jodi needs the DP. This family will never be free from her as long as she is alive. IMO she will continue to taunt this family. Coming up with more tweet lies about Travis. I also believe once she is sentenced she will go on a direct Twitter attack on the family and Travis's closest friends.
I am almost certain that is what a good portion of her "manifesto" is.

:gaah::shame::scared::tantrum: This trial has me PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!! It is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if JSS retires immediately after this phase ends, with or without a verdict. I believe she's become functionally incapacitated - mentally, emotionally, and/or physically - and her "condition" will become another appeal issue.
I fully expect her to retire and write a book.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if the pseudonym turned out to be Jodi..... With all the cloak and dagger about naming the individual...

Not unless Jodi is a "he", which some people have wondered about. LOL. Unless of course they can use the masculine form in a legal writing as SOP, even if the pseudonym in question isn't actually a "he"? Who's on first. I need a self imposed "time out"... I think!

It wouldn't at all surprise me if the pseudonym turned out to be Jodi..... With all the cloak and dagger about naming the indivual...
If it weren't for BN constantly saying you have to ask Pseudo about this that and the other, I would agree with you, but there is no way she knows that much about computers and it was someone that was working with BN so it can't be her but for sure we are living in the Twilight Zone with Rod Serling announcing. Either that or we are in some time warp alternate reality. Trust me, if I knew who to call I would call and complain, but I don't know who to call. I remember a great reporter that we had in the CA trial that did not care about ruffling feathers. Too bad she isn't here covering or trying to cover this trial.

I use FTK and the only way for it to "grab the wrong image" is for you to click on the wrong damn drive. So I'm not too impressed with Tony K's skills. Based on BN's interview snippets, it looks like Pseudonym is the only one in the bunch who may be an actual computer expert.

I can't figure the logic of allowing the defense's one and only computer expert to keep his name a secret - what in the world could be a good reason for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee