Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a Compaq, too! Didn't Jodi have a Toshiba?
That would be awesome if after all this, it was actually Jodi's hard drive they were examining and found all this stuff. Not likely, since little miss premeditated murderer destroyed her computer before her arrest.

Although I’ve lurked for years, I very seldom comment. Now I feel compelled! There have been a few cases over the years that I’ve read in various news accounts of judges who were somehow incapacitated while judging a trial. I’m really coming to believe that’s what’s happening here.
Could be the beginning of something mental or emotional or perhaps reactions to some prescribed medication, but something is making her rulings and lack of decisions incomprehensible and getting worse. There is something seriously wrong with the judge and it’s not that she’s on CMJA’s side. That would have to be impossible. I first thought maybe it was that she dislikes Juan, or was bff with Wilmott. But this seems to be far deeper than that. Unfortunately, it appears that nothing can or is being done. And as many of you have pointed out, it’s likely that most or all of the jury don’t have the information we all have from the guilt phase.

Did Jodi ever say why she destroyed her computer?

They usually decide stay requests quickly, regardless of the type of case.

Well, you could hardly require everything to be proven before it's said in front of a jury. Saying things in front of a jury is how you prove things. But pros. misconduct is really irrelevant to the issue before the jury--and it sounds like as soon as JM objected to that, the judge granted his objection.

There is no state that I know of where both sides have to accept the witness as an expert. The judge rules on whether the person is qualified as an expert. But again, I don't know if JM objected to this witness on that ground. No one tweeted that he did.

The hacker theory is starting to look more and more likely, for sure.
Thanks AZl. On the sidebar, Yes or No, gave a description of a data scientist and it was pretty well stated that this is a hacker, someone who writes code.

One question I was trying to write earlier about the AZSC....can they decide this isn't worth their time and just leave the request on the docket for months to come, thereby allowing JSS to finish the trial in secret, without releasing the transcript?

<modsnip>

It was only after witnessing the deeply disheartening, yet farcical happenings in court today that I got my answer. This morning was the final straw for me--the near suspension of reality, the feeling almost like this has to be some Hollywood production, and anxious awaiting for sanity to somehow prevail--I have finally accepted that this is really happening and there isn't going to be some reasonable, rational entity to step in and stop the madness. That yes, a Judge of the lower court ignored the ruling/edict of a higher court in what, at least on the surface, seems to be supporting the Defense team, and that said Judge appears to have undermined a system of procedures/process by allowing a witness to testify to an issue that she herself has not yet ruled on. It doesn't take an expert, hell it doesn't take much of anything, to conclude that what is happening in this courtroom is fundamentally wrong.

With that said, I say with all the conviction I can muster that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US should be beyond outraged, shocked and dismayed by all of this. We should embrace the pure energy of anger that this trial has elicited, we should heed these well-founded fears and these concerns should be a living/breathing entity in the minds and hearts of everyone who believes in the Constitution of this country, and finally it should move us in the most powerful of ways (to get out from behind the computer screen) to take action against the things that are clearly slipping away from us as Americans. Because if we believe, with all due respect, with what this poster suggested, i.e., that there is something inherently wrong with and unhealthy about having an extreme emotional response to the absolute TRAVESTY of Justice and the search for Truth that is unfolding in this Maricopa County courtroom, then there is a very real possibility that we may never re-gain the values that being lost right before our eyes.

Beautiful. And AMEN.

Juan is well aware TA had a Compaq Presario, he has a steel trap mind. He must be letting this go for a very good reason.

So if this guy has a secret identity, Juan will be barred from asking him anything about his background.
- You said you own your own company. How many employees does it have? Objection/Sustained
- What companies have hired your company? Objection/Sustained
- How many servers have you examined at these alleged companies? Objection/Sustained
- What year was it when you first got arrested for hacking? Objection/Sustained

BUT! Point made. The jurors can believe, all, some or NOTHING!

I have never been on a panel when credentials weren't SERIOUSLY considered.

Speaking of seriously, where did they find this dude, is he eye candy for Jodi? Any tweeters notice her squirming in her seat?

Is ALV's hot tub maintenance guy AWOL for a few days?

Thanks AZl. On the sidebar, Yes or No, gave a description of a data scientist and it was pretty well stated that this is a hacker, someone who writes code.

One question I was trying to write earlier about the AZSC....can they decide this isn't worth their time and just leave the request on the docket for months to come, thereby allowing JSS to finish the trial in secret, without releasing the transcript?

They could.

Thanks AZL for the response......since I'm "just" an employee of a State entity, I've never tried the incognito route :tantrum: and never testified as an "outside expert" (prohibited by "da boss"). :loveyou:

Were back. Attorneys are discussing if work copies of compuer can still be questioned.

as per Bk

Back in court. There is argument about the defense motion to preclude the state from asking this witness about the work copies of the hard drive. JW (Willmott) argues that BN never worked with the 2008 drive that JS is testifying to. More important, they are work drives and are not meant to remain in pristine state. To question about the work drives will mislead the jury and confuse them.

ARE YOU FREEKIN KIDDING ME?

@TrialDiariesJ: Motion to Dismiss will be heard at 1:30pm MST tomorrow for #jodiarias #3tvarias

:stormingmad: This is outrageous !

- WHAT is in that Transcript ?

- WHY is it that JSS will NOT release Transcript ?

- WHY JSS . . . WHY ?

Wow, now this looks like JSS is being obstinate and is resentful of the CoA ruling.
AZL, just how is it that she can ignore the CoA? It didn't sound like it was just a suggestion to release the transcript. If answered, don't repost. I'm behind and will get to your answer in short order. THX!

@michaelbkiefer: AZ Supreme Court denies stay of appeals court order to release transcripts of #jodiarias testimony.

as per Bk

Back in court. There is argument about the defense motion to preclude the state from asking this witness about the work copies of the hard drive. JW (Willmott) argues that BN never worked with the 2008 drive that JS is testifying to. More important, they are work drives and are not meant to remain in pristine state. To question about the work drives will mislead the jury and confuse them.

ARE YOU FREEKIN KIDDING ME?

So how is DT going to prove prosecutorial misconduct??

I'm curious if what has been shown on John Smith's computer will now be in evidence? I'm wondering if Juan will be able to bring someone in to say that what was on the screen doesn't prove anything, it's just one possibility of what could have happened?

I know this is hard to follow but if JS can show things on the screen and suggest that it means TA entered knowingly a *advertiser censored* site, how could someone show that it could have been accessed in another way without having JS's computer? Sorry, I'm still not very clear here.

Not unless Sherry deems it so...Nebbermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member