Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me TODAY would be a good day to remove JSS as judge, declare a mistrial, and start the penalty phase over from scratch with a brand new judge. It would suit me fine and I would be patient to wait for justice if I knew we had a fair and impartial judge who knows how to rule from the bench.

I agree but wish she was removed long ago. She either extremely bias or grossly incompetent.

The sk@nk who butchered a man to death now wants to say that the victim was a 'bad' man for having watched *advertiser censored*? This is her mitigating factor? The immoral, unchaste, debased, unwholesome and obscene criminal dares point a finger at Travis for having been interested in sex? SHE flirted/tempted/seduced and lured Travis into sex and now she has the freakin' nerve to blame him? I really hope this seals her fate with the jury.

Wonder how many men on jury thinking, wow....looking at *advertiser censored* now justification for murder??

<modsnip>

It was only after witnessing the deeply disheartening, yet farcical happenings in court today that I got my answer. This morning was the final straw for me--the near suspension of reality, the feeling almost like this has to be some Hollywood production, and anxious awaiting for sanity to somehow prevail--I have finally accepted that this is really happening and there isn't going to be some reasonable, rational entity to step in and stop the madness. That yes, a Judge of the lower court ignored the ruling/edict of a higher court in what, at least on the surface, seems to be supporting the Defense team, and that said Judge appears to have undermined a system of procedures/process by allowing a witness to testify to an issue that she herself has not yet ruled on. It doesn't take an expert, hell it doesn't take much of anything, to conclude that what is happening in this courtroom is fundamentally wrong.

With that said, I say with all the conviction I can muster that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US should be beyond outraged, shocked and dismayed by all of this. We should embrace the pure energy of anger that this trial has elicited, we should heed these well-founded fears and these concerns should be a living/breathing entity in the minds and hearts of everyone who believes in the Constitution of this country, and finally it should move us in the most powerful of ways (to get out from behind the computer screen) to take action against the things that are clearly slipping away from us as Americans. Because if we believe, with all due respect, what this poster suggested, i.e., that there is something inherently wrong with and unhealthy about having an extreme emotional to the absolute TRAVESTY of Justice and the search for Truth that is unfolding in this Maricopa County courtroom, then there is a very real possibility that we may never re-gain what is being lost right before our eyes.

I nominate this for post of the day!!

:cheers::tyou::yourock::goodpost::woot::ditto::yeahthat:

:thinking: Maybe he looks like this ?

th

Nay ... Maybe this ?

th

One more, and I'll go away ... :hilarious:

th
I keep picturing Mose (Dwight's cousin) from The Office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1VW-gwwu0

This whole 'he's entitled to his privacy' bit really chaps my hide.

I have no skills that I can think of that would lend to my being approached to assist in a muder case. Then again, who knows... so let's say that... for whatever reason, making jams comes into play and I am called upon (LOL... work with me.. death by pectin... or something)

Anyways. Were I to be approached for ANY reason to assist, I would just freaking assume that anything I had to offer may lead to me testifying in court. That seems pretty simple and obvious, doesn't it? I think I would assume that even without being a bit of a trial junkie. I mean, c'mon, man! If I wasn't comfortable putting myself in front of a jury, I wouldn't offer my opinion to begin with. End.

He HAS to have something to hide, and this can't be lost on the jurors.

Gah.. those poor jurors. I can't imagine how their heads must be spinning with all this.

I nominate this for post of the day!!

:cheers::tyou::yourock::goodpost::woot::ditto::yeahthat:

Seconded!!! Even as a non-American, I feel the same emotions and concerns for this horrible step back in time, and the dreadful abuses taking place. Don't lose what you have!

<modsnip>

It was only after witnessing the deeply disheartening, yet farcical happenings in court today that I got my answer. This morning was the final straw for me--the near suspension of reality, the feeling almost like this has to be some Hollywood production, and anxious awaiting for sanity to somehow prevail--I have finally accepted that this is really happening and there isn't going to be some reasonable, rational entity to step in and stop the madness. That yes, a Judge of the lower court ignored the ruling/edict of a higher court in what, at least on the surface, seems to be supporting the Defense team, and that said Judge appears to have undermined a system of procedures/process by allowing a witness to testify to an issue that she herself has not yet ruled on. It doesn't take an expert, hell it doesn't take much of anything, to conclude that what is happening in this courtroom is fundamentally wrong.

With that said, I say with all the conviction I can muster that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US should be beyond outraged, shocked and dismayed by all of this. We should embrace the pure energy of anger that this trial has elicited, we should heed these well-founded fears and these concerns should be a living/breathing entity in the minds and hearts of everyone who believes in the Constitution of this country, and finally it should move us in the most powerful of ways (to get out from behind the computer screen) to take action against the things that are clearly slipping away from us as Americans. Because if we believe, with all due respect, with what this poster suggested, i.e., that there is something inherently wrong with and unhealthy about having an extreme emotional response to the absolute TRAVESTY of Justice and the search for Truth that is unfolding in this Maricopa County courtroom, then there is a very real possibility that we may never re-gain the values that being lost right before our eyes.

here here! I agree with you and know the poster and I debated with her until I realized she must be a part of the defense team and I gave up. I am outraged at what I see this judge allowing the defense to do. further, I read many news websites and this is going on across our country, not just in Arizona as folks like to think. I am of the firm opinion, and have expressed it many times, that judges no longer know how to judge right from wrong. People, in general, no longer have values or integrity. Anything goes! This country is NOT what it used to be and not what we want it to be. And what do we do about it?!

Here is what I am wondering; Pseudo will not give his real name, Nurmi gave Juan a misspelling
Of his real name. Pseudo does not state any formal training. Pseudo states he has own business for about 10 years and works for big companies that have been hacked and on LESS THAN 5 federal cases. This is his first time testifying.
My take on this testimony presented is that Pseudo was a good hacker, so good that he was able to hack into big companies. He was caught by the Feds, who then used his expertise for free in some cases all while starting his own business testing vulnerability of large companies security. He has been on parole, or still is, necessitating his need to hide his real name because he is not supposed to be doing anything without the permission of his parole officer or handler.

So Sue Duh Nimh is Penelope Garcia (of Criminal Minds) with a beard!? :thinking:

Here is what I am wondering; Pseudo will not give his real name, Nurmi gave Juan a misspelling
Of his real name. Pseudo does not state any formal training. Pseudo states he has own business for about 10 years and works for big companies that have been hacked and on LESS THAN 5 federal cases. This is his first time testifying.
My take on this testimony presented is that Pseudo was a good hacker, so good that he was able to hack into big companies. He was caught by the Feds, who then used his expertise for free in some cases all while starting his own business testing vulnerability of large companies security. He has been on parole, or still is, necessitating his need to hide his real name because he is not supposed to be doing anything without the permission of his parole officer or handler.

So the judge and DT are protecting a guy, maybe a felon, who is breaking the conditions of his parole?

Possible - but he may be a white hat - using his hacking abilities to enhance security for companies, rather than violate security. Wish I knew what he is so scared of.

Oops - meant to quote post re possible hacker.

Not sure how white hat he could be if he were the one using Incinerator.....maybe they were changing dates, etc. And then crashed the hard drive.

<modsnip>

With that said, I say with all the conviction I can muster that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US should be beyond outraged, shocked and dismayed by all of this. We should embrace the pure energy of anger that this trial has elicited, we should heed these well-founded fears and these concerns should be a living/breathing entity in the minds and hearts of everyone who believes in the Constitution of this country, and finally it should move us in the most powerful of ways (to get out from behind the computer screen) to take action against the things that are clearly slipping away from us as Americans. Because if we believe, with all due respect, with what this poster suggested, i.e., that there is something inherently wrong with and unhealthy about having an extreme emotional response to the absolute TRAVESTY of Justice and the search for Truth that is unfolding in this Maricopa County courtroom, then there is a very real possibility that we may never re-gain the values that being lost right before our eyes.

What a a great first post to read after running my errands. Post of the day.

Anyone left defending this judges actions should be embarrassed.

And on an even more disgusting note, I have a "friend" on the inside of the JA fan page ( she's not really a fan, she just spies, lol). Seems quite a few people there can't believe Judge Sherry hasn't shut Kermit ( Juan) down yet and told him to quit interrupting the witness. According to them, Judge Sherry hates the defense and makes all her rulings in Juans favor. WTF trial are these people watching?

I just thought of a good one, JM typically picks up notes and files them in evidence. Can he do this to Mr Smith's laptop now. :)

I still am wondering about Tony's computer. I am convinced all these manipulations are Jodi's doing. I feel sorry for anyone that has ever had to deal with her. Family, friends, co-workers. She is like a leach that never lets go.

AZlawyer, what are the chances that the AZ SC will give this matter their utmost attention soon since this is a death penalty case? Or since the cases before them are likely more important than a named Jodi Arias,

They usually decide stay requests quickly, regardless of the type of case.

I just got caught up on everything from Beth Karas' site.

AZL, why is this guy allowed to testify, in front of the jury, to the possible tampering of the hard drive before it's been proven that there was actual tampering of the hard drive? This is so :censored: bizarre. Will Juan get a chance in front of the jury to have a witness imply that the defense added the *advertiser censored*? :stormingmad: So far this whole day sucks for me. :gaah:

Well, you could hardly require everything to be proven before it's said in front of a jury. Saying things in front of a jury is how you prove things. But pros. misconduct is really irrelevant to the issue before the jury--and it sounds like as soon as JM objected to that, the judge granted his objection.

Just ONE quick question..............in Az., do both sides have to "accept" the witness as an expert in his/her field before testimony or is it "just" the presiding Judge who bestows the title?

NEVER, EVER have I testified without verbally presenting my CV to the jury and then having BOTH sides acknowledge "little ole moi" as an expert in my field....and the Judge speak on the record as EXACTLY what my field is!

IMHO, this "data scientist" is/was a hacker, possibly now a rehabilitated member of society or even in a witness protection program (hey why NOT, everything else in this case is bizarre!)

There is no state that I know of where both sides have to accept the witness as an expert. The judge rules on whether the person is qualified as an expert. But again, I don't know if JM objected to this witness on that ground. No one tweeted that he did.

The hacker theory is starting to look more and more likely, for sure.

So if this guy has a secret identity, Juan will be barred from asking him anything about his background.
- You said you own your own company. How many employees does it have? Objection/Sustained
- What companies have hired your company? Objection/Sustained
- How many servers have you examined at these alleged companies? Objection/Sustained
- What year was it when you first got arrested for hacking? Objection/Sustained

Have you been granted immunity by this court?

Just ONE quick question..............in Az., do both sides have to "accept" the witness as an expert in his/her field before testimony or is it "just" the presiding Judge who bestows the title?

NEVER, EVER have I testified without verbally presenting my CV to the jury and then having BOTH sides acknowledge "little ole moi" as an expert in my field....and the Judge speak on the record as EXACTLY what my field is!

IMHO, this "data scientist" is/was a hacker, possibly now a rehabilitated member of society or even in a witness protection program (hey why NOT, everything else in this case is bizarre!)

I think your opinion is probably correct.

I'd go for the gold, 'Data Forensic Quantum Astrophysicist Scientist', beauty school dropout. :giggle:

:floorlaugh:

<modsnip>

This is my response to the poster who thinks people are getting too upset about this:

em·pa·thy
&#712;emp&#601;TH&#275;/
noun
noun: empathy

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

The people on this board come here because they are either victims of crime, have close friends or relatives who are victims of crime or are just people who like to see justice carried out. If I were incapable of feeling empathy I'd agree with you, but I can. It's easy for some of us to put ourselves in Travis' families shoes. We understand their pain, we get it. A fair trial is all we ask. This trial has far overstepped the boundaries of fair. JMO

Did we hear if any of Travis's family is present today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977