Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi keeps referring to "modifying data" as "a sin." Now that we know his definition of sin, everything makes sense. #jodiarias

That Nurmi sure is relentless. I'll give him that much.

Win at all costs. I've asked before but does anyone know if he has had ANY other cases in his private practice? Is there a way to find out if he's been involved in any other cases in the courthouse? Or is this one all he has. And if he loses, he's finished?

MOO

From reading the tweets, it sounds like this afternoon the collision of the two things looked like this:
KN: No further questions at this time.
JSS: Mr Martinez?
JM: Sir what is your name?
JSS: CLEAR THE COURTROOM! CLEAR THE COURTROOM!

Heh. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya...."

I hope the jurors are wondering why this barbaric defendant is sitting ever so smugly at the table and pointing fingers at the victim rather than owning up to the crime and expressing deep remorse. I think they'd like to see her beg for life rather than present the Travis-got-what-he-deserved mitigation.

Nurmi wants to go back to JM's Q about Mesa PD turning on comp for Wolverine on Monday #jodiarias

Nurmi keeps referring to "modifying data" as "a sin." Now that we know his definition of sin, everything makes sense. #jodiarias

What were LE procedures in 2008? And why are they using Tony's [SueN] computer to show modified flies? Show Travis' computer.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 30s30 seconds ago
Smith is denying he couldn't turn on hard drive like Juan stated #jodiarias #3tvarias

Win at all costs. I've asked before but does anyone know if he has had ANY other cases in his private practice? Is there a way to find out if he's been involved in any other cases in the courthouse? Or is this one all he has. And if he loses, he's finished?

MOO

I suspect he is finished no matter whether he wins or loses. This has been such a mess of a trial. And no one whose defense is not paid for by the State could possibly afford him, the way he drags everything out to infinity and beyond.

But he quite possibly will be able to retire (thanks to the generosity of the Arizona taxpayers) at the end of this case. (Assuming it ever comes to a conclusion.)

Nurmi asks if Wolverine had ever tried to turn the computer on & failed on Monday. Wolvz McGee says No. #jodiarias

MOO

Its a good question. I dont know if he has been able to get any business with his private practice but I have to guess that he has made so much money already off of this trial that he is set for quite awhile financially. This 1 case was a windfall for him.

We had brought up before how its a win-win for him and Jodi the longer he drags this case out. Which is why I think it is very real the stall tactics we have seen are done for a reason.

I suspect he is finished no matter whether he wins or loses. This has been such a mess of a trial. And no one whose defense is not paid for by the State could possibly afford him, the way he drags everything out to infinity and beyond.

But he quite possibly will be able to retire (thanks to the generosity of the Arizona taxpayers) at the end of this case. (Assuming it ever comes to a conclusion.)

No doubt he'll write a book as well. So this will be his one and only case as a private lawyer and his retirement as well.

MOO

Witness says if he would have mishandled evidence in the way that it was mishandled by MESA PD, he would be fired and sued. #jodiarias

There's no point in saying this, but didn't JSS instruct the jury earlier to disregard this scurrilous accusation? After she allowed Nurmi to make it, that is?

And JM has Taylor Searle, TA's friend on the witness list. He was asked by Travis to clean up his computer because a roommate had used it and was looking at *advertiser censored*. I am sure Taylor instructed Travis how to clean the computer regularly after that. I could slap down this defense myself. Shame on them.

The worst part of all this is that Jodi did this murder, she confessed. She deserves what she gets. It isn't as if we are all sitting here debating whether she or two ninjas killed Travis. Shame on Nurmi and Jennifer! And Maria...ugh!

Do you know the date Taylor Searle showed TA how to clean up the computer? I wonder if TA password protected it after he cleaned it up. IMO, TA could have been looking at *advertiser censored* and unable to admit it and blamed it on the roommate. It could get him in trouble with his church if they found out about it. He had already been in trouble for having sex with Deanna. Another strike and he could have been excommunicated. MOO

Nurmi wants to go back to JM's Q about Mesa PD turning on comp for Wolverine on Monday #jodiarias

I would like to change my last comment. Nurmi plans to keep this witness on the stand on re-direct until the 20th.

I've read here that this *advertiser censored* testimony is setting up Geffner to tie TA's *advertiser censored* watching to his abuse of JA. How so though? I don't see the connection.
--

I hope so!

I wish them luck with this "missing link".

Can JM recross after Nurmi has finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14