Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia says Brian Carrier is developer, maintainer, and digital investigator for Sleuthkit. No picture so that's okay.

found images of Brian Carrier. In one he is wearing cap and gown. Looks more like college graduation than HS to me. I dont think this is our witness.

By the way, googling "autopsy developers pictures" is a bad idea. Especially while eating. It got bloody fast.

Why would the judge instruct the DT to confer with their own witness?? Azl? Boyntwn?

I'm guessing that JM raised something in sidebar that puts Sue in a difficult legal position and she thinks he needs legal advice before JM questions him any further?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 15s 16 seconds ago

Maria swigs Vitamin Water as she waits for counsel to be out of sizzle.

Gotta stay vitamined up for this trial. #JodiArias

Here is where the judge drives me crazy. Instead of finishing with Sue, she gives the defense time to consult with him before they take him off the stand so KN can find 15 more minutes of questions to ask him as new direct.

Or was that the idea and now he's going to testify in a different area without the jury present?

Other more qualified eyes that can challenge his determination?

Yes! I love open source software, but if this guy has no formal computer science training, he may well be using very basic software with an inability to analyze what he sees.

Brian Carrier has developed most of the code in The Sleuth Kit, Autopsy, mac-robber, and TCTUTILs. Dan Farmer and Wietse Venema developed The Coroner's Toolkit, from which these tools were based on. Credit for all patches and debugging help from users are noted in the CHANGES file in each distribution.

Samir Kapuria helped with the new interface design of Autopsy 1.70.

http://www.sleuthkit.org/about.php

But I looked at Brian carrier images and it seems that he graduated from a University. And he is a CEO of a comp business. Seems pretty well known. I doubt he is the anon witness.

Could he be a different guy? The website said owner was Dan Farmer. But the digital investigator was Brian Carrier and didn't mention his credits.

I don't don't this witness is Brian Carrier. Here's what I found for BC on another website:

"Brian Carrier
Brian at graduation May 2006
Brian received his PhD in spring 2006 for his dissertation on a formal framework for digital forensic investigations. He is now a senior member of the research staff at Basis Technology."

http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/students.html

This witness is too under qualified.

He's not Brian Carrier. That guy is pursuing a PhD. John Smith "said" that he had no degree.

According to the post above, he already has his PhD. I was just reading about the author of a book that was on Amazon. I didn't check the date that the book was published.

But I looked at Brian carrier images and it seems that he graduated from a University. And he is a CEO of a comp business. Seems pretty well known. I doubt he is the anon witness.

Sue said he helped develop the programme. That could mean he dusted the keyboard each night!

Here is where the judge drives me crazy. Instead of finishing with Sue, she gives the defense time to consult with him before they take him off the stand so KN can find 15 more minutes of questions to ask him as new direct.

Or was that the idea and now he's going to testify in a different area without the jury present?
That's our judge alright!

A guy can go to high school and even be a computer hobbyist, but that doesn't make him a computer forensics expert or even a "data scientist".

E.g., JA may be a slaughter-butcher, and quick with a knife, but that doesn't make her a cosmetic surgeon.

JA may have hidden under Christmas trees, but that doesn't make her a gift.

She may have wriggled through doggy doors, but... never mind.

LOL you are so witty TD

Lambchop...I see you're here? So assume its OK to sleuth this witness?

I can just see KN presenting pages printed from WS in his next motion, "You see your honor? We told you there were all these cyberstalkers running around on behalf of the prosecution. That's why you need to close this trial immediately."

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Going through an extended sizzle here.

Juan is approx. 1/3 inch taller than Willmott today. #JodiArias

Very true, I was just grabbing what I could from the website, for a starting point. Brian and Neumeister could be a starting point- for cross referencing- no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi