Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Willmott (no surprise) wants pretty much everything to stay in. They head to sidebar to discuss. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 53s54 seconds ago
actually, i fully expect them to decide to call it a day after this sidebar...probably have to redraft these affidavits. #JodiArias

Maybe they should be read in their entirety. From the sounds of things, they all sound cray-cray.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 14s15 seconds ago
for what it's worth, mitigation witnesses can't testify about the fairness fo the trial or the guilt or innocence of the defendant.

Oh My Lord. Are we going to sit here and listen to Geff go through 14 other witnesses by affidavit? And Juan will have no cross? :sigh:

After all, the good doctor (NOT), as a psychiatrist can tell us what they mean by their statements and how much it points to JA's innocence that so many people that do not even know her are willing to stand up for her.
I call BULLCHIT!

I thought the affidavits in mitigation were supposed to tell why Jodi's life should be spared. What does Travis hitting Deanna (which I don't believe he did) have to do with whether Jodi should live? The first jury has already convicted her of first-degree premeditated murder.

@TrialDiariesJ: Witness #1 says he saw TA beat DeAnna and when DeAnna says she wasn't even in country, witness now says she must of flew home #jodiarias

I thought the affidavits in mitigation were supposed to tell why Jodi's life should be spared. What does Travis hitting Deanna (which I don't believe he did) have to do with whether Jodi should live? The first jury has already convicted her of first-degree premeditated murder.

Maybe it would be relevant if it actually happened, but Deanna herself says it never did. I don't know why the defense or this guy thinks it's a good idea to testify to this stuff when Deanna is still alive and apparently not too afraid to testify to what really happened to her.

Doesn't have anything to do with ANYTHING! Can be easily disputed.

EXCEPT, it further protracts the trial. Starting to look like Jodi insists on being in jail instead of prison for 2015.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6m 6 minutes ago

I believe Nurmi is arguing that they provided this affidavit to have death removed

& Juan is trying to use it towards mitigation. #jodiarias

Willmott wants jury to know why witnesses don't want to testify.

Juan says being fearful of bullying is irrelevant. #jodiarias

Looking on the bright side....the affidavits coming up now is another sign the DT is just about done.

Why can't Maria read them after they are redacted, if she actually took them in the first place?

I'm in bed with the flu, trying to follow on my phone. I can't tell from the tweets when the jury left. Affidavits are often allowed in mitigation but not on irrelevant subjects like what the witnesses thought of the guilt phase.

Jurors left 40 min after lunch when Geffner was saying there were corrorborating narratives about *advertiser censored* on computer and Travis masturbating to a paper pic of a child.

From WAT:

I believe Nurmi is arguing that they provided this affidavit to have death removed

& Juan is trying to use it towards mitigation. #jodiarias

Willmott wants jury to know why witnesses don't want to testify.

Juan says being fearful of bullying is irrelevant. #jodiarias

Did WAT mean that first part the other way around?

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 13s14 seconds ago
Geffner's still on the stand. Looks like Willmott wants to admit these statements, then ask geffner about them. #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Witness #1 says he saw TA beat DeAnna and when DeAnna says she wasn't even in country, witness now says she must of flew home #jodiarias

Are they kidding me with this crap?? Let them in JM. It all sound so made up that all it can do is how far the DT is willing to go to destroy a man's reputation. Even going so far as entering affidavits by people who are obviously disturbed.

:crazy::laugh::liar::slap::pillowfight::hilarious: This is laughable!

Looking on the bright side....the affidavits coming up now is another sign the DT is just about done.

Not necessarily. Whatever JSS lets through and Geffner gets to read, then Jen could re-read 87 other things for each one and ask him if it fits that claim.

JM should let that one in and have Deanna refute it. I can see her up on the stand, shaking her head no and laughing at how ridiculous the charge is. And speaking Travis' name with great love and sadness.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the jury sent home and then the short day tomorrow gets spent arguing over affidavits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025