Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 26, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why JM didn't take exception with Dr. G on the "broken finger". He could have ask how he knows it's "broken" or if she just sliced it when she sliced TA. Geff is not a medical Dr.

He could show him ALV notes that say Jodi told her she cut it while cutting green apples, and the tape of her interrogation where she is asking Steve to touch it, demonstrating how it got cut by the Ninja chick that day, then Ryan's testimony about how she showed up with bandages and said told him she cut it at work at Margaritaville, then Jodi's own testimony where she corrected all of them and said it was at work....no wait...Travis broke it.
I think Juan left it alone since he is going to have Dr. DeMarte debunk everything , EVERY SINGLE THING and he has all of his exhibits and CDs ready to show the jury what they are longing for EVIDENCE, while she is on the stand.

i said this last night,i'd love her to take the stand again for juan to rip her to shreds

but could we all really put up with another 18days of it? :facepalm:

:gaah: :gaah: I think she will go for 19 days this time -- 20 days -- maybe more !

:seeya:

While Geffner was struggling for his exact words, it reminded me of Dr. Samuels literally arguing with Juan Martinez that the word compassion does not mean sympathy.

Juan does not miss a beat and plops up the actual dictionary page .....

http://youtu.be/4-NFF4ll6fY?t=26m21s

Geffner lost this jury long , long ago. By yesterday he was Charlie Brown's teacher.

:gaah: :gaah: I think she will go for 19 days this time -- 20 days -- maybe more !

:seeya:

oh dont say that :floorlaugh:

the thought of listening to nurmi drone on about the sex and the *advertiser censored* and back to the sex again is making me want to gauge my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon :floorlaugh:

What an inopportune time to start a new thread lol.

:scared:

That was confusing.

It was confusing and awkward. The thread was getting up there in numbers so I made a new thread to jump over into while I took time to close the old thread. I was asked by posters that were still posting in the old thread to please keep that one open until the end of the questions. This is what I did. We do not normally do that but you had a choice to stay in the old thread or move over. So there were plenty of threads open to post in and plenty to read. It is very unusual to have to shut down a thread when it is so active but if it happens today I will just keep it open until court has finished for the day. Fair enough?

My hope for today:
DT comes in and tries one more time and argues the reasons why cmja cannot express full mitigation without taking the stand in secret. Jss will remind KN of the superior courts ruling then he and jenn will asked to be let off the case since they can't present a complete case of mitigation JSS will say nope call your next witness or rest.

I then hope we can finally finally get onto the penalty phase that has been held hostage since October.
But what i think is much different. CMJA will take the stand this morning. Even in her secret testimony when they originally put her up in October that testimony was and its subject to cross by JM so since they've already shown they aren't worried about cross I'm not sure why we think she wouldn't take the stand to testilie because of cross, now.
( plus as kamille pointed out beautifully yesterday she was trying on her lying blazer to see if it still fit)

Good Morning Folks! :seeya:

Feeling good about juror questions . . . @Spraycanann posted this on courtchatter comments:

Question 27 (out of 32)
Q: Did Jodi talk about the masturbation incident prior to telling the 1st psychologist?
Geffner: No

This is wrong.
JA contradicts the testimony she gives on Day 21 w/ the testimony she gives on Day 29
(about when she first told somebody about the allegaed pediophilia).

On Day 21 she testifies that 2009 is when she first told somebody.
On Day 29 she testifies that she first told somebody in April, 2008.

Both video links have been timed to begin playing at the specific portions of testimony

Day 21 (should begin playing at 2:10:00)-->
http://youtu.be/8PboeQxoY3o?t=2h10m

Day 29 (should begin playing at 3:24:00)-->
http://youtu.be/V-dIe_QIWZI?t=3h24m

Last night, I was so exhausted and mentally worn out from the palaver from Geffner that I did the unthinkable. I actually closed the thread! I usually keep it open so I can go back from time to time and see what's going on.

Now, having the opportunity to finish reading here, I commend you all for such a wonderful bunch of posts. I don't know how you all managed to keep going.

The juror questions and the way Geffner is said to have answered them, according to our own Ziggy, would give the jurors even more information than they asked for. They know that Geffner had to tip-toe through his vocabulary and choose JUST the right words so as not to commit to anything the DT didn't want him to. His differentiation between "belive" and an "opinion" was very telling. If one has a clinical opinion, then one has to believe it. How can you not believe something yet have an opinion about it? Verbal gymnastics at its worst.

I don't believe that JA will continue her testimony today. If anything, the judge could throw out her testimony and allow her to allocute. IIRC, this is the time she would have to do so. What would bother me the most is if the judge were to allow her prior testimony as allocution and allow her to continue today.

I don't remember where I read that idea yesterday, but I believe someone here mentioned it.

Waiting for high noon here in the East. We've had a tiny dusting of snow and the world looks beautiful, but not work-inducing... as in shoveling.

It was confusing and awkward. The thread was getting up there in numbers so I made a new thread to jump over into while I took time to close the old thread. I was asked by posters that were still posting in the old thread to please keep that one open until the end of the questions. This is what I did. We do not normally do that but you had a choice to stay in the old thread or move over. So there were plenty of threads open to post in and plenty to read. It is very unusual to have to shut down a thread when it is so active but if it happens today I will just keep it open until court has finished for the day. Fair enough?

I am just learning of this LambChop, hence missed most of the Q&A postings in that thread because I moved over as soon as it was announced it would be closing in 10 minutes as I have been shut out writing a reply many times. . . oh well

I didn't even know I had a choice at that point in time lol. Usually even if a new thread is open and the other one is still open people will stay there until it closes for continuity sake but everyone ran off and the threads were being posted in simultaneously. Since I didn't check on the new thread I didn't know it was already active. It was confusing and weird. But whatevs.

We always knew DP would be tough, since 11/12 isn't good enough. But because there's really no credible evidence to back up anything JA claims, the defense had little choice but to proceed as they did, which in 2+ months did little but waste jurors' time and taxpayers' money. Juan will kill it from here on out. Is it all good enough to get to 12/12? If not, then there was someone in there who was not going to vote for death even if JA got up and said "I planned it and carried it out because I was jealous as hell. And I enjoyed it too."
RSBBM

I believe this defense is solely engineered by Jodi. Had the defense team been allowed to, they would have had a much stronger mitigator using her borderline diagnosis. It's either they were hampered by their client or they are actually inept.

I'm about as biased against cluster B personality disorders as one can get - and even I'm somewhat sympathetic to a true borderline diagnosis. (Hastening to add I believe Arias is a whole lot more than just borderline.) I do totally agree with you though - if the jury hangs or votes unanimously for life, it won't be because of the horrendous defense strategy, whomever's concoction it was.

JMO and FWIW

My favorite from the entire day

Nicole @LadyJustice2188 ·
Geffner concerned about Samuels being unethical is the most honest thing he has said! #jodiarias

IMO that was the perfect "out" for him to avoid uncomfortable questions from the prosecution about some of his possible conduct in this case and to distance himself from JA for the sake of his wife and family. By saying that, he looked like he was loyal to JA but at the same time an unreliable witness. She may have been a bit miffed at him at first for saying that but I'm sure he passed it off as not realizing what he was doing and just getting angry with JM. IF he said it to JM. Do we know if that's what happened?

MOO

Perhaps MM's already been charged with and settled a crime related to this one? And he could plead the 5th if they subpoenaed him?

Now, a lot of this is speculation since healing, bleeding loss ect is very dependent on Where exactly she cut herself and other variables like how deep
For the time to heal, roughly 1-2 weeks for it to have "healed". This doesn't mean it wouldn't be noticeable after 1-2 weeks but I'd think a good scar would have formed, and use of it would have returned.
Initial bleeding is hard to say. If she cut herself where I think she did which was the flexor tendon on her ring finger the initial bleeding event would have pretty average considering it was able to heal on its own with minimal aftercare. I would think it would be easy to cover up a 1cm deep laceration in this area with a band aid while visiting RB.

Was JA's bloody handprint on TA's wall from her left or her right hand?

Good Morning Folks! :seeya:

Feeling good about juror questions . . . @Spraycanann posted this on courtchatter comments:

Question 27 (out of 32)
Q: Did Jodi talk about the masturbation incident prior to telling the 1st psychologist?
Geffner: No

This is wrong.
JA contradicts the testimony she gives on Day 21 w/ the testimony she gives on Day 29
(about when she first told somebody about the allegaed pediophilia).

On Day 21 she testifies that 2009 is when she first told somebody.
On Day 29 she testifies that she first told somebody in April, 2008.

Both video links have been timed to begin playing at the specific portions of testimony

Day 21 (should begin playing at 2:10:00)-->
http://youtu.be/8PboeQxoY3o?t=2h10m

Day 29 (should begin playing at 3:24:00)-->
http://youtu.be/V-dIe_QIWZI?t=3h24m

Great. Not even defense expert witnesses can keep their lies straight.

I agree. What's helpful about his posts is that they're a fuller account of what's happening than are tweets or BK's notes, and that they provide an unjaded perspective of a "regular' person.

But he's not the go-to for accuracy. He misses a lot of nuance in exchanges, and gets important details flat out wrong. I get that his slant is reporting as if he is a juror in this trial. Wish he would stick to that rather than to presume he speaks for this whole jury.

Zippy's reporting yesterday captured what most interested me....observations about how the jury was actually responding, and her own responses to what she was hearing and seeing in court.

Not sure what you read in Sanders' last that specifically bothered you. ...
A bit O/T with my apologies...

I read his book on the DeVault trial but couldn't finish it in its entirety. I wanted to know more about the crime itself and its major players (it was a trial I'd missed) but he kept wandering on tangents of abuse he'd suffered (not making light of it but it seemed to stick out like a sore thumb in its context) and making many presumptions for fellow jurors throughout. Little of it was centered around the evidence itself - except highlights for how the jury reached it's guilt conclusion. It became tedious. I was really disappointed too because I'd found his initial reporting from the Arias trial riveting.

One can only read how the courthouse looked in the morning, that morning, so many times. ;)

JMO and no offense intended to anyone.

Was JA's bloody handprint on TA's wall from her left or her right hand?

My opinion would be That of her left hand but there's simply no way to say with scientific certainty. Ive originally always maintained like JM she cut her finger on the knife during the murder.

The 13th Juror has his article up regarding yesterday's testimony. https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/893957047316362

Here's a teaser- 'I expect the jury knows that she does not have the guts to step on the stand to face the wrath of Juan and the voice of Travis Alexander. They already know she is a cold blooded killer and nothing has been presented to show it otherwise.They have no fear of putting her to death.'

Also from the 13th Juror and this rings true with me, also.

The Jodi Arias journal received no less scrutiny and was shown to be unreliable, inconsistent and, more likely than not, a fabrication not in what was written but in the words that were never said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP