Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wishing that we could actually see the trial since tweets are so inadequate. But then I watched some old clips of the original trial. I forgot just how slowly KN talks when he asks questions, the long pauses between questions, and the strident objections by JW. Maybe tweets aren't so bad. :loveyou:

Margaret, I think ultimately the only mitigating factors that the jury will have to weigh is:

No prior "documented" criminal history
Age of 27
JA has BPD--Which DeMarte should be able to nullify as this is not a mitigating factor, just the condition she had (and actually benefits JM not the DT).
and maybe number 9--JM has dented this claim but hope he is able to demolish it by the end of the trial

Hopefully they are able to realize those factors are nothing compared to the aggravating factors surrounding TA murder.

Arias Mitigating Factors
Arias was 27 years old when she killed Travis Alexander.

Juan has destroyed 3,5,6,7 & 9. Today I'm praying that Juan destroys #4 by playing #1 mom's tape to the jury.

I hope the jury considers how young Travis was and what a bright future he was looking forward to. I hope any LDS jurors will especially hold it against JA that she denied him a wife and children.

This is the "Father Forgets" writing Chris and Travis were discussing

http://pjpramod.blogspot.com/2012/10/father-forgets-by-w-livingston-larned.html

So many things make it obvious Jodi was lying about the pedophilia. What makes it obvious at first blush that MarcMcgee , the Affiant Dr. Geffner was saying knew Travis had *advertiser censored* on his Bishop's computer, is what Chris mentions in his interview with Tricia. Travis Alexander was in charge of the Sunday School program at his church.
There is no one, young, old, male, female, shy or leader who would not go straight to the police or at a bare minimum to the church leaders if they thought someone in charge of instructing the children was a pedophile.

Marc McGee's affidavit I believe has been set aside by the jury. That leaves the old childhood friend of Jodi's brother saying he saw some child abuse in the family and he was aware that at Jodi had alleged to her family Bobby hit her. That is the only thing still standing from these Phantom 14 Affiants . MarcMgGee threating Erin.jpg

I don't think it will be enough to save her, not after seeing her letter to the family.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Arias Mitigating Factors

Arias has no prior criminal history.
Arias is remorseful for killing Alexander.
Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse as a child.
Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.
The abusive nature of the relationship caused Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time she killed Alexander.
Arias has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Arias has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
Arias’s psychological make-up impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Travis Alexander.

Juan has destroyed 3,5,6,7 & 9. Today I'm praying that Juan destroys #4 by playing #1 mom's tape to the jury.

Thank you for finding this! I spent so much time searching for it. I'm glad to see Juan has blown just about everything out of the water. :juanettes:

Arias Mitigating Factors

Arias has no prior criminal history.
Arias is remorseful for killing Alexander.
Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse as a child.
Arias suffered physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander.
The abusive nature of the relationship caused Arias to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time she killed Alexander.
Arias has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Arias has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
Arias’s psychological make-up impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Travis Alexander.

1. I guess the cops didn't charge her for the pot on the roof... or whacking her brother in the head with the baseball bat, iow's she hadn't been "caught" before.
2. meh... so she was not only old enough to know killing someone is wrong, she was old enough to be able to pull it off on her own.
3. Imo, only for screwing it up and getting caught.
4. I think if we all think hard enough we can all say we felt "abused" as children, by JA's standards...
5. Nope, don't believe it, in fact I believe JA was the "abuser" and if she got any verbal "cues" back, she made him pay for each and every one of them.
6. Same as 5.
7. I might let her have that one, if I could be convinced she can actually feel true emotion.
8. If you include psychopath with that BPD, I concur.
9. Perhaps, but only because she has never learned how to take no for an answer, that wasn't TA's fault.

One of those mitigators struck me differently now that we've heard most if not all the DT's case, and now that we are listening to Geffner's PTSD con.

"The abusive nature (blah blah blah) caused JA extreme emotional distress at the time she killed Alexander."

What the heck is that supposed to mean, and how is it mitigating?
Is the jury supposed to feel sorry for her that she was "distressed" by the Bad Thing?

"At the time..". Isn't that a straight up angling for residual doubt? That she was extremely distressed by him or something that he did that day and that she was justified in killing him? Umm.. she's been convicted of first degree premeditated murder. That ship has sailed.

Thoughts to start the day....

The jury will hear nothing about Flores's tragedy in court. Will the defense try to take advantage of it somehow or will they show some class for a change and ignore it and proceed normally? The cynic in me says they'll use it as a delay excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if they hand an envelope to Juan and say it's a letter from JA expressing her 'deepest sympathy' - offered with 'humble sincerity' of course - and ask him to pass it to Flores.

Geff spent the last 3 days practicing for PTSD exam questions to start the day. Will Juan change directions for an hour or two to throw him off?

Were portions of Jodi's letter shown to the jury the other day or were they just read? AZL said anything you write down has an implied copyright, so I wonder if Geff should have refused to answer any questions about it.

Speaking of the letter, here is another take on it from the other side.

BBM ~ I hope because that's his style and it's very effective.

One of those mitigators struck me differently now that we've heard most if not all the DT's case, and now that we are listening to Geffner's PTSD con.

"The abusive nature (blah blah blah) caused JA extreme emotional distress at the time she killed Alexander."

What the heck is that supposed to mean, and how is it mitigating?

Is the jury supposed to feel sorry for her that she was "distressed" by the Bad Thing?

"At the time..". Isn't that a straight up angling for residual doubt? That she was extremely distressed by him or something that he did and that she was justified in killing him?

Hope, it's the imaginary abuse that escalated after the imaginary paedophilia incident.

Sorry for the double post. I tried to delete but "no permission".

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

So for today, we will have:

- More Geffner :gaah:

- More Juan :great:

- And court is supposed to be extended until 8:00 p.m. ... which I believe it when I see it !

I will be available to post WAT's Tweets -- hoping for the Oiginal WAT for the entire day.

I will update the list of Court Days and NO Court Days, since there was a few days of Court last week.

Oh, one more thing:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Condolences for Detective Flores and his Family !

Please remember to keep the discussion on what is happening in court today. All other discussions that are off topic for this thread need to go over to the Sidebar. Let's try to keep the chit chat to a minimum on this thread.

Thanks, Lambchop

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

So for today, we will have:

- More Geffner :gaah:

- More Juan :great:

- And court is supposed to be extended until 8:00 p.m. ... which I believe it when I see it !

I will be available to post WAT's Tweets -- hoping for the Oiginal WAT for the entire day.

I will update the list of Court Days and NO Court Days, since there was a few days of Court last week.

Oh, one more thing:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Condolences for Detective Flores and his Family !

Thank you, DGC. It's going to be a long day today with court going until 8pm tonight in Arizona so if you need help posting tweets just let us know in plenty of time so someone else can pick it up. Thanks, again, for all you do with posting tweets in this thread.

That's what you do when your defending yourself....you also drag the victim to a shower stall and rinse them off before fleeing the scene. You have to look at it in context.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Your post just gave me an "Oh wow" moment, because I could never figure out why she would drag him to the shower after killing him. She needed to rinse off her blood and/or fingerprints...

Margaret, I think ultimately the only mitigating factors that the jury will have to weigh is:

No prior "documented" criminal history
Age of 27
JA has BPD--Which DeMarte should be able to nullify as this is not a mitigating factor, just the condition she had (and actually benefits JM not the DT).
and maybe number 9--JM has dented this claim but hope he is able to demolish it by the end of the trial

Hopefully they are able to realize those factors are nothing compared to the aggravating factors surrounding TA murder.

I agree that No. 9 will not be a mitigating factor. She created the tumult in their non-relationship with her stalking, sneaking, and recreational sex.

Ultimately, who knows what jurors will consider mitigating, if anything. They aren't confined to just that list.

The letter and BritsKate's insights profoundly changed what I believe about JA and her motivation for killing Travis. That's after years of watching and listening and reading and analyzing all things JA. The jury has been exposed to only a tiny fraction of what most of us here know about JA. IMO its unlikely they'll see her clearly as the vicious full blown psychopath she is, or that they'll believe she slaughtered him out of pure hatred, not because she "loved" him too much to let him go.

Doesn't mean they won't give her the DP. Either way I think they'll be shocked if they read up on her after they are finally liberated.

1. I guess the cops didn't charge her for the pot on the roof... or whacking her brother in the head with the baseball bat, iow's she hadn't been "caught" before.
2. meh... so she was not only old enough to know killing someone is wrong, she was old enough to be able to pull it off on her own.
3. Imo, only for screwing it up and getting caught.
4. I think if we all think hard enough we can all say we felt "abused" as children, by JA's standards...
5. Nope, don't believe it, in fact I believe JA was the "abuser" and if she got any verbal "cues" back, she made him pay for each and every one of them.
6. Same as 5.
7. I might let her have that one, if I could be convinced she can actually feel true emotion.
8. If you include psychopath with that BPD, I concur.
9. Perhaps, but only because she has never learned how to take no for an answer, that wasn't TA's fault.

I agree for the most part, but we can add a little bit....
#1. Also hacking into bank accounts, stealing a gun, etc. Never was convicted of a crime before the murder.
#2. That might help if someone is 15 or 89 - too young to have any sense or too old to be unimpaired. 27 or 37 or 47? Irrelevant.
#3. You nailed it. Biggest remorse is leaving behind the camera.
#4. Travis's childhood was more abusive and traumatic than hers.
#5. You nailed it.
#6. All they did was reword #5, so it gets ignored automatically.
#7. If there was any PTSD the "T" was for the brutal murder, not anything leading up to it.
#8. This is my favorite. "A mitigating factor is that she has the disorder we vigorously denied she had during the trial."
#9. This is covered by others in the list, so it can be ignored.

Your post just gave me an "Oh wow" moment, because I could never figure out why she would drag him to the shower after killing him. She needed to rinse off her blood and/or fingerprints...
I believe there was a cup found in stall as well, that she presumably used to assist in the washing off of blood; both from her and TA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone! Another day closer to justice! Lets get this show on the road and get her put away- FOREVER!

Hope, it's the imaginary abuse that escalated after the imaginary paedophilia incident.

That's kinda what I find remarkable. That mitigator seems to be saying he deserved to die or that she did NOT premeditate killing him.

Whatever else comes out of the day I hope we find out if she's taking the stand or not. I really want her to face JM while trying out a new story for what happened that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487