Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a day! So much to comment on: the defense finally rests, Deanna's polite snark to JW. She is so impressive and, like others noted on the previous thread, embodies truth, decency, and integrity, all qualities that the DT's witnesses so obviously lacked. I'm sure the jury can't help comparing the quality of the prosecution's witnesses to those the DT offered.

My favourite JM sarcasm of today: email by homing pigeon. :giggle: Gotta love him.

Anyway, I've got some work to do before bed, so I'll lurk you all tomorrow.

And the "magic" email.

BBM: LOL . . .Gotta love the Juanisms ❤️ . . .oh how I wish we could have seen these exchanges in court today.

I don't think she told AA she was dabbling in Mormon faith until after she had met TA.

She initially met AA before she met TA, but I think it took a long tie for them to go on a date. A I correct?

Got that part, but who introduced FJA to PPL? If she was at a meeting and met AA there, before she met Travis, how did she get introduced to PPL?

I do have a relative who is an atty. in Arizona....handles civil cases....he can't answer most of my questions...:facepalm:

I want to know why.....Sherry allowed the killer to testify in secret. That was unconstitutional. COA and Supremes shut her down. So, the killer got a days worth of testimony, free from cross exam and now, the jury won't even be told what that was all about?? Will they be thinking everything she said must be true? How is that fair to the taxpayers of Arizona? The judge screws up so the defendant gets a free pass?? When a judge does something so egregious, there should be some remedy for it. Besides waiting for the next time she's up for election! How many other trials will she influence with her incompetence before then?

BBM

So true. Juan doesnt run to the judge and say boo hoo. The first thing JW did after DR called her out was run to judge and have her admonished. Then JW goes on to ask her rudely if she know how to read. :no: Not a good look for JW. She looked petty, imo.

Exactly. Now JM would have just said something like "well...let's just see about that then" and kept going on with a change of tactic if a witness had said he was being misleading.

JW had no idea how to handle that. No idea. She was flustered so she immediately ran to the judge. And I bet she knew how petty and stupid she looked as soon as she returned and JSS had to "scold" Deanna. Which made her mad. So she took it out on Deanna by trying JM's "angry style". Which also fell flat and got her absolutely no where and when she couldn't move forward because she can not change subjects or veer from the script and wind back around to something which is blocking her, they had to call court for the day. Epic fail.

MOO

oh, I wonder now.

And wasn't the killer still living with Darryl at the time she met AA?

Yep...and they weren't broken up because apparently that didn't happen until the week after she met Travis according to the lying liar's own testimony. Hope the jury was doing the math on that one.

MOO

Wasn't it disgusting. The jury got to read it all word for word. I think she might get the DP for that alone.

When she was spewing this garbage to Flores he should have said: "Wow, I'd imagine it's terrifying to have a gun pointed at your head. Do you think that someone would have to be a psycho to do something like that?"

Got that part, but who introduced FJA to PPL? If she was at a meeting and met AA there, before she met Travis, how did she get introduced to PPL?
More importantly, how did she get invited to the top level events when it appears she never did any selling for PPL?

I do have a relative who is an atty. in Arizona....handles civil cases....he can't answer most of my questions...:facepalm:

I want to know why.....Sherry allowed the killer to testify in secret. That was unconstitutional. COA and Supremes shut her down. So, the killer got a days worth of testimony, free from cross exam and now, the jury won't even be told what that was all about?? Will they be thinking everything she said must be true? How is that fair to the taxpayers of Arizona? The judge screws up so the defendant gets a free pass?? When a judge does something so egregious, there should be some remedy for it. Besides waiting for the next time she's up for election! How many other trials will she influence with her incompetence before then?

Juan didn't ask for it to be struck. I think he feels it did more harm than good for her. JMO

I also can't believe that JSS wouldn't allow the "Magic in them." comment from AA today. :banghead:

Ok, I found it. It is in her super secret testimony of Nov. 3. She says she was at work in late 2005 (not sure which waitress job this was) and a co-worker close to her own age told her he would retire in 5 years because of the money he was making at PPL. She told Willmott she joined "shortly thereafter" and guestimates that was around March, 2006.

I don't think she told AA she was dabbling in Mormon faith until after she had met TA.

She initially met AA before she met TA, but I think it took a long tie for them to go on a date. A I correct?

From the tweets today from before AA testified in front of the jury, I understand that the "dabbling in the Mormon faith" comment and the "magic panties" comment were both after she had been baptized into the Mormon faith by TA. Which is one of the reasons why both were too "prejudicial" for JSS to allow in to the mitigating phase where apparently credibility of the convicted murderer does not apply according to Nurmi.

:thinking:

MOO

off topic, but important....if anyone is thinking of updating their Apple iPad, lap top or computer to the new released update, don't do it now. My lap top was messing up JK web site, so I started the update. The message said 2 hours, well that time kept changing from 2 hours to 1 1/2 hours back to 2 hours, and it has been way over two hours. I still have the iPad though, and will not update that until after tomorrow's court session. I would miss everything if the update messes up! Just beware!

More importantly, how did she get invited to the top level events when it appears she never did any selling for PPL?

I thought she showed up at an introductory talk given by TA in order to get new people to sign up. Getting into the high level events, I thought, was because TA brought her as a guest. :dunno:

Maybe the Hughes' could answer this? I'd bet they'd know. The answer might be very unflattering for JA?

Ok, I found it. It is in her super secret testimony of Nov. 3. She says she was at work in late 2005 (not sure which waitress job this was) and a co-worker close to her own age told her he would retire in 5 years because of the money he was making at PPL. She told Willmott she joined "shortly thereafter" and guestimates that was around March, 2006.

Oh thank you! I kept thinking it was Travis that introduced her into PPL and the Mormon Faith. it sure is hard to keep it all straight with all the lies she told! WS is very good at getting to the bottom of the pile and finding the true story! thanks again

Ok, what is that DR is not comfortable in saying from an interview December 2011?

If she knew if TA was having sex with other women? What does that have to do with anything?

It always takes me forever to get caught up at the end of the day and real life demands my attention.

I hate to just repeat what others have already said, but, OMG...GO DEANNA!!

It's amazing that the state witnesses are able to make even the defense attorneys look incompetent.

Wilmont really seems to be morphing in to JA. She seems to employ the same "innocent, flirty, air head" vibe until someone doesn't give her the answer she's looking for...then she SNAPS.

I hope WAT tells the staple guy to keep a close eye on his staple gun.

Well..if they do something now that reflects badly on JA and influences her trial because of a decision that the judge made, I'd imagine that might be an appeal issue. So the best way to deal with what most consider a poor decision by the judge is to soldier on and use every one of those secret words against her in the rebuttal and in the closing statements. Which is just what JM intends to do I'm sure.

As for the remedy for the judge? I guess, like a bad politician, only an election may take care of that situation.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member