Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec? Did JA meet Abe and Travis at around the same time?

From what I gathered from Abe today, he met JA before JA met Travis. It sounds like he met her at a local PPL event in California in August of 2006. I think the big national Las Vegas event with Travis was in September. But something about this gave me pause because I thought JA said the Las Vegas event was her first PPL event??

when the thread closed. I really hate that. But I saw katydid captured much of my comment:

I thought the same thing.

I was also thinking back to my litigation firm days and, as I recall, after a deposition of a witness you would send them the transcript for review and correction. And there were corrections. No one is perfect and words aren't always transcribed correctly. I get the impression DR was never provided with the transcript or asked to approve it as correct. Or else JW would have said that. So, yes, there is every reason to refuse to answer questions based upon an "alleged" transcript of her words.

I too think Juan knew this was going to happen and was in on it-not that it was wrong or anything-she had every right to do what she did. I also wonder if the abrupt end today was because JSS told them to bring the audio. Hope springs eternal that JSS would take a position against something the defense did.

I also like how all this is illustrating that nothing the defense does should be trusted. Their witnesses LIE-that's kind of important. The affidavits are useless. Everything they say is suspect.

As a court reporter, I will attest that, yes, mistakes happen -- although not in my transcripts :) -- so never waive signature, always request to read and sign.

Your guess is as good as mine but ...... Kieffer is listed as a "friend" on MDLR's Facebook. hmmmm:thinking:

They are both anti-DP. I think he's kind of a pill, but he's also a good reporter and sources is sources. I really think he's not doing anything terrible, and definitely not illegal.

I'm not so sure it always works for JM either. I'm sure he's alienated some jurors with his style. But it's HIS style. And he's consistent with it so you come to expect it. And he backs it up with a remarkable memory, quick mind and great delivery. Plus he takes his punches from witnesses too. Unlike JW. If you're gonna try to dish it out, you'd better be prepared to take it.

MOO

BBM

So true. Juan doesnt run to the judge and say boo hoo. The first thing JW did after DR called her out was run to judge and have her admonished. Then JW goes on to ask her rudely if she know how to read. :no: Not a good look for JW. She looked petty, imo.

I kind of got a kick out of Deanna being able with such poise and confidence take on the court (Pro, Def, Judge) and get them under control in a few brief moments of testimony. JA, who deems herself the femme extraordinaire, couldn't do that in all these years. Deanna must be really getting JA's goat right now.

From what I gathered from Abe today, he met JA before JA met Travis. It sounds like he met her at a local PPL event in California in August of 2006. I think the big national Las Vegas event with Travis was in September. But something about this gave me pause because I thought JA said the Las Vegas event was her first PPL event??

oh, I wonder now.

And wasn't the killer still living with Darryl at the time she met AA?

I feel bad for the bishop. Juan said he was flying in tonight to testify tomorrow. But after the delays by Nurmi and crew today and the half day tomorrow, I doubt we get to the bishop tomorrow. I hope Juan was able to get him to change his ticket to monday

I've missed the trial for a few days and am getting caught up. I'm finally reading today's testimony and just came across this gem:

JW asks if she was ever misleading in her interviews.

DR: "The only one who is being misleading is you."

Can't wait to read more. Also BK has the letter to TA's family posted. I'll probably read that too before coming back here. :seeya:

There you are. I was asking about you last night, thought you got lost or ran away with some cute babe...

So was FJA 'dabbling' in the Mormon Faith before she met Travis Alexander? Who was Mormon that got FJA into PPL if she met Travis after she went to a PPl meeting?

Or am I so confused now I have it all mixed up?

Wow! After reading that letter it's no wonder the the Alexander's are so intent on giving her the death penalty. My God what a disgusting thing to write to someone who's brother had just been killed by her. :gaah:

They are both anti-DP. I think he's kind of a pill, but he's also a good reporter and sources is sources. I really think he's not doing anything terrible, and definitely not illegal.

Not sure what, but he was not nice to KCL....thats enough for me besides him being part of the defense team

Also, he has a real dislike for JM...

So was FJA 'dabbling' in the Mormon Faith before she met Travis Alexander? Who was Mormon that got FJA into PPL if she met Travis after she went to a PPl meeting?

I don't think she told AA she was dabbling in Mormon faith until after she had met TA.

She initially met AA before she met TA, but I think it took a long tie for them to go on a date. A I correct?

Wow! After reading that letter it's no wonder the the Alexander's are so intent on giving her the death penalty. My God what a disgusting thing to write to someone who's brother had just been killed by her. :gaah:

Wasn't it disgusting. The jury got to read it all word for word. I think she might get the DP for that alone.

Abe said he first met JA in August, but the "dabbling" conversation happened later, in maybe November or December, on a date he had with her, or during the "magic in my panties" encounter. From what I understood.

Was Vegas maybe her first event? She had been given some DVDs and had been kicking the MLM idea around for a little while I think.

Brewer testified that soon after being introduced to Prepaid Legal in the spring of 2006, Arias began to explore the Mormon religion.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/29/ex-boyfriend-arias-changed-dramatically

Yes and there was something about her sitting in the executive seating area of the Super Saturday event that Abe met her at as well that had JW hopping up and objecting and calling for sidebars like a madwoman.

So guess what. Jodi may have lied. And she was somehow finding her way to the executive areas of PPL events even before she met Travis.

MOO

Where is the letter posted?

There you are. I was asking about you last night, thought you got lost or ran away with some cute babe...

All of the delays and trial by tweet were getting too annoying. That and the defense witlesses witness' were grating on me. The "You're so Vain" thread has got a lot my attention, as well as deflategate. I figured I'd be able to catch up on this case fairly quickly because of all the nonsense going on with it. I was right.

:happydance::loveyou: Deanna.

I thought I remember hearing she got involved with PPL in February, and met TA in September of the same year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503