Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it the jury could read this one of two ways:

Deanna is hiding something

Or

The defense is.

Asking for an audio though sounds like a doubling down though. If she was hiding something she wouldn't be asking for even better verification of what she said. Shows she must feel pretty good about it. If Juan coached her here I wonder what the strategy is?

And tomorrow, Juan will make everything very clear that Deanna is not hiding a thing and in fact the defense is.

I am neutral on the JSS debate, but did she suggest to or remind Nurmi about supplementing another motion for mistrial because of prosecutor misconduct?

I think she was getting ready to rule on the last one regarding JM saying the super secret witness name in court and was asking if he had any supplements to it before she did? Did JM ever respond to that last one? I hope he did with the information that it was a slip of the tongue in this ridiculous super top secret trial and that even their own witness did it...twice. And how is he expected to do his job and keep his train of thought under these unheard of conditions where most of the information and witnesses in a public trial are to be kept from the public. LOL

MOO

Whether Deanna made her comment to JW on her own, or if it was planned with JM, it's purpose was served (IMO).
Deanna made an impression on the jury, rattled the heck out of JW, and I'm sure it was a satisfying moment for her, man I'll bet it felt good!
I don't think the reprimand was unjust, and I doubt it fazed Deanna a bit. She knows she's not supposed to speak to more than the question. JW's objection wasn't wrong, and it clearly drove her insane, which is awesome.

That reprimand? SO WORTH IT.

BBM

Yes I'm sure it felt good! Hell, im still smiling over it!!!!!

The way I see it the jury could read this one of two ways:

Deanna is hiding something

Or

The defense is.

Asking for an audio though sounds like a doubling down though. If she was hiding something she wouldn't be asking for even better verification of what she said. Shows she must feel pretty good about it. If Juan coached her here I wonder what the strategy is?

I think they want the jury to HEAR the way they questioned her. JMO

Juan laid the foundation for THIS jury that Deanna works with special needs children, took her Mormon mission very seriously, (testimony that she was only allowed to call her own family twice on holidays), and that everything in W1 affidavit is a complete fabrication. She was absolute in her resolve when answering, "...no. Never. Absolutely not..." to questions about whether Travis ever touched her offensively, held her wrists, put a knee on her, held her down in any way, or said what W1 claims. She even denied meeting him but said she knew who he was. She disputed not only the date, but the actions and words and the " no mistaken identity" claim by W1.

I feel the jury is smart enough to consider that the truth is important to Deanna and she was trying not to get trapped by the cross exam. When JW started with the demeaning questions like, "well you can read, can't you? So you can't remember, is that what you're telling us? So, you can't read, is that what you're telling us? So you haven't revisited any of this since then, is that what you're telling us? Did you bring the recording with you?" I was thinking that she needed to back off or the jury is going to dislike her.

My take away - Deanna didn't trust the defense. She said she could only answer the question if she could hear the recording. JW proved to the jury that Deanna may have had good reason for her mistrust. Deanna was not going to be badgered into answering a question that she felt would mislead the jury.

The end. Headed home. Hungry!!!

It was great to read DR say that to JW. JW isn't someone I'd want to be around. She reminds me of the tattle tale in school with one hand on her mouth & the other hand in the air waving to the teacher....

Not sure if this was posted already. Stepped out for a bit.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 29m29 minutes ago
My guess is Det Smith is getting interviewed tomorrow morning and funeral for Flores son on Thurs #jodiarias

How many times has Judge Sherry pulled this? An always when the defense is falling face-first...

But how does this necessarily help the DT? Yes, Wilmott was acting like a yappy little dog trying to bite DR's ankles and likely turning off the jury, but I really doubt she will behave any differently tomorrow. She'll go straight back where she left off and in the same offensive manner. And someone tweeted the jury was looking exhausted. Besides, as someone else noted upthread, JM will likely get the audio for tomorrow and the DT won't, making them look like they are trying to hide something. This gives him time to do just that.

IIRC Nurmi handled Deanna in the original trial and he was very gentle with her while eliciting her testimony. He even gave a big sigh when he was finished with her testimony and walking back to his chair because he knew he was outing her as to having had sex with Travis. I actually liked him at that moment. I am surprised JW is going at Deanna with teeth bared.

That's not how I recall it. Nurmi went out of his way to try to humiliate her with all sorts of gratuitous sexual references. My memory was that he was despicable in his treatment of DR.

Deanna, just gave new meaning to the term... YOU'VE BEEN SERVED to the defense.... Great job Deanna, small step, but BIG BOOM...

ITA!! I've had some lousy servers in my time and never once have I ever complained to management. I'm wondering how bad a waitress she was that she received not one but two different complaints.

I have never been a server, but I can tell you that some people seem to make a hobby of complaining. Well, I can end that sentence there I guess.

I don't think JM is permitted to coach her before her testimony but if she has her own attorney, and I bet she does, he would tell her how to handle these questions. jmo

Does this mean the DT actually didn't coach all their witnesses?

That's not how I recall it. Nurmi went out of his way to try to humiliate her with all sorts of gratuitous sexual references. My memory was that he was despicable in his treatment of DR.

That's how I remember it too. But for right now all I want to remember is the image of that sweet woman on the stand insisting on truth.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 27s27 seconds ago
Stephens lectures Reid to only answer the questions she is asked and tells the jury to disregard her last statement. #jodiarias

Wait she admonishes DR but never said a damn word to the crap the DT witnesses said to Juan???????? Unbelievable.

How is Abe admitting that TA WAS jealous and wanted to "punch him out" after he heard about the "date" a help to the prosecution?

JA probably gave TA some rubbish about AA like he assaulted her or something?

I am neutral on the JSS debate, but did she suggest to or remind Nurmi about supplementing another motion for mistrial because of prosecutor misconduct?

I wonder this too.

I also wonder if it was DR asking JW if she had the CD of the interview or if JW asked DR if she had it.

It would be great if DR asked JW that making JW look unprepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232