Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Ziggy is going to court today? I can't remember if she said she would be there.

Yeah when her phone was dying yesterday, she said that she would bring her charger today.

Anyone know if Ziggy is going to court today? I can't remember if she said she would be there.

Yes, she is going down again and going to try to get in- this time with her IPad too- just in case!

Good luck Ziggy!

If I were a juror this is something, right or wrong as per jury instructions, that would give me great pause. I couldn't help but wonder why no family members have come to speak on her behalf (although I could see how some could think her parents refused b/c they were pissed either that she told on them or lied about them), and why those that have elected to do so gave an affadavit rather than come in person.

I'm pretty sure that they know what they said in they're police interview, and they know that Juan will call them on it. I think JA has made Sandy feel very guilty about that interview, and that's why she's willing to do anything to help Jodi. Even begging/panhandling for money and reading JA's written "script" for the youtube video. Knowing Jodi, she is blaming everything about this trial on her mother. All because of her mom's HONEST words in that police interview.

I am hoping that the judicial system will be changed.....hired guns, jury consultants and defense attorneys who are able to step on the constitution have ruined the system. It is not working like it was intended. I would like to see death penalty trials held under a severe scrutiny.. This trial is a travesty along with several others in the past few years. Many people are making huge amounts of money on these trials but justice is not always served....IMO

I'd like to see trials of this caliber judged by judges, not by everyday people.

You know bsk, I think sometimes jurors don't make the hard decision of sentencing someone to death because they know that the DP system in most states is flooded with appeals, expanded rights for the accused, and anti-DP advocates that it is unlikely the person will ever be put to death anyway. Of course, except in Texas.

It goes without saying that if any of these jurors feel that way they lied during voire dire.

I' m concerned the DT may feel too desperate to let go today and have a last attempt in front of the jury whatever that might be. My perception is they are very jealous of Juan Martinez. His passion is admirable and he is more intelligent than JA could ever hope to be.

AZL...if you pop in today...

Are these options for JA on the stand accurate?

1. She can take the stand again to testify. If she does so, her secret testimony also becomes subject to cross examination.

2. She can decline to testify on the stand again. JSS has the option of either striking her secret testimony or allowing it in as allocution.

3. If the secret testimony is allowed in as allocution, JM will not be able to cross on it.

4. If allowed in as allocution, JA can choose whether or not to continue allocuting on the stand without cross by JM.

5. If she continues with allocution, she can say whatever she wants for as long as she wants? What happens if she goes flat out for residual doubt? As in denies she premeditated the murder?

Mostly right. She can't filibuster--or give new evidence without possibly subjecting herself to cross.

Another question for AZL. Geff managed to slip in that MM saw her bruised and told her to get a restraining order. I'm assuming he's basing that on what JA told him, not on affadavit testimony. You've said that JM can cast doubt on affadavit testimony by asking the jury to consider why those folks didn't testify in court.

What options does he have to challenge JA's assertions about MM if she doesn't repeat this lie in testimony or allocution?

He can ask the jury to consider that it was triple hearsay including at least one known liar in the chain lol. He probably could have asked the judge to instruct the jury to disregard that comment as it was beyond the level of hearsay normally allowed in mitigation, but frankly that might make the jury think it was (1) important and (2) true. :)

I've got so much work to do today yet here I am waiting for this spectacle to begin....:shame:

So if we only have CMJA word on it, how do we know that she and TA actually had anal sex or any of the proclivities she testified to? I am now wondering if she sought to paint a picture of sodomy to perpetuate her pedophile story. Anyone else?

Zuri- Oh, they had it but I agree that she played it up- way more- for the very reason you stated. I have thought this all along.

All it takes is another William Zervakos who said in interviews that Jodi Arias was a perfectly normal 27 yo woman living a perfectly normal life until she met Travis Alexander and her life spiraled downhill. I hope her July 28 letter shows this jury that, even if JA is mentally ill, she poses too much of a danger to other inmates to be allowed to live among them.

Juan's got this. He can point out that Jodi was having anal sex long before Travis, and as far back as Bobby and that she initiated sex. There are statements where Matt thought she should be committed. There's the animal abuse of Doggy Boy and cats- squeezing, starving. And her attempts to intimidate Bianca, Lisa, Clancy Talbot. She was never "normal".

Wonder if Skymeister's dedicated this Blue Oyster Cult ditty to JA as she stashes away more Advil and Bic disposables:

[video=youtube;ClQcUyhoxTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg[/video]

So if we only have CMJA word on it, how do we know that she and TA actually had anal sex or any of the proclivities she testified to? I am now wondering if she sought to paint a picture of sodomy to perpetuate her pedophile story. Anyone else?

I have the exact same thoughts Zuri. And when she says that Travis said it wouldn't be counted as "sex" if they did it that way!! I call BS on that to. And IF it was said, I 100% think it came from Jodi's lying mouth

You know bsk, I think sometimes jurors don't make the hard decision of sentencing someone to death because they know that the DP system in most states is sooo flooded with appeals, expanded rights for the accused, and anti-DP advocates that it is unlikely the person will ever be put to death anyway. Of course, except in Texas.

yeah, we dont play in texas,
we just dont play

hi all, thank you for keeping me in the loop, gonna sit in the back of the room and read along

on my best behavior,,,

Travis did talk about wanting to tie her to a tree and have that sort of sex with her. I don't remember whether he mentioned it anywhere else. I think Arias is exaggerating about several aspects of their sexual fling. That's all it was--a fling. It wasn't an earth-shattering sexual relationship. It sure wasn't love. It was just a little fling.

I'd like to see trials of this caliber judged by judges, not by everyday people.

You must take a peek at the Oscar Pistorius trial then, not a ringing endorsement for judge-determined verdict, imo.

'Morning all!

The problem with that is, I believe, that in most states you can only get a restraining order against an intimate partner. In some states, you could maybe get a stalking order.... In my state, it takes a lot of convincing to persuade a judge to issue a stalking order, plus the aggressor has to have threatened to hurt the victim. My landlord has been stalking me: this is how I know.
BBM. Not true in California. I know for a fact. We got a Temporary Restraining Order against my neighbor directly across the street from us who was schizophrenic and making threats and acting crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member