Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, thank you for explaining that for me.

I really don't understand how anyone could possibly believe that though? If JA told me it was raining I'd stick my head out a window to check! Clearly everything she has said is a downright lie as it appears is being proven as this phase continues (and was in the trial which convicted her)
From not being there, to ninjas (and Mormon ninjas at that) to her Chicago defense I don't understand how some people can't see through her lies :thinking:

BBM. Chicago, meaning the movie? The baffle 'em with BS, Razzle Dazzle 'em Richard Gere defense? That one???[video=youtu;kx6aRCa8lrE]http://youtu.be/kx6aRCa8lrE[/video]

Can we suspend TOS for a second? There's something I really want to say. :angel:

{Just catching up; reading DT's stinko questions of DR.} Realize, Steely, your post is about JA's Twitter account ... but: PLEASE! PLEASE! Just one hour suspension of the WS TOS???!!!! My fingers are itchin' to type what my brain is thinkin'. Call me the Outlaw of Attraction.

My question is- why do they think they would get away with it? It makes the lawyers also look really shady. Common sense tells you this might have been easy to disprove. Why did they never corroborate?

They don't care - the more stuff they can throw against the wall the better.

I do think this is the Jodi version of mitigation. We saw what Nurmi chose to do last time--he basically had her say that she could sort of draw and had hair that could be donated etc. Then Jodi filed 7 million motions (or maybe like 2--I lost count) saying that Nurmi refused to follow her strategy and specifically refused to call certain witnesses who had totally BOMBSHELL testimony that would make her case. Nurmi tried his best to get off the case, but JSS said he had to stay, so now IMO he's saying FINE let's see how your brilliant mitigation strategy works Miss Jodi.

I don't think there will be any negative repercussions for them.

Well... you gotta admit Marc McWitness's testimony WAS a bombshell:bombshell:, just not the way they'd planned! It self-destructed in 5 seconds.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 27 seconds ago

Willmott pressuring Reid saying, "Your passport & immigration papers would confirm that you only came home once?" Reid: "Yes." #jodiarias

-----OMG ... how long ago was this ... beyond, beyond ridiculous !

How long till JW gets around to asking Deanna about conversations with Travis after Travis had been murdered?

Deanna did not lie by omission. Its all in the lanuage. The DT will ask a question in a certain way in the hopes they can use it against you at a later date. As you can see it did not work. As a rule you answer only the questions you were asked. Make them work for the answers. Wilmer is shooting herself in the foot. Shes not good at what she does.

You learn a lot about this sort of thing in the corporate world. When dealing with corporate auditors, the #1 rule is don't volunteer information. The example I used to use is if they ask you if you know what time it is, you answer either "Yes" or "No". To reply with the time as all of us would normally do is volunteering extra information they didn't ask for.

BBM. Chicago, meaning the movie? The baffle 'em with BS, Razzle Dazzle 'em Richard Gere defense? That one???

Yes that movie but not that part of it, sorry should've made that clearer, I was meaning more the Vella Kelly defense of "I completely blacked out, I can't remember a thing, it wasn't until later when I was washing the blood off my hands I even knew they were dead" JA sure got her fog rolling in too, though about the clean up.

I do think this is the Jodi version of mitigation. We saw what Nurmi chose to do last time--he basically had her say that she could sort of draw and had hair that could be donated etc. Then Jodi filed 7 million motions (or maybe like 2--I lost count) saying that Nurmi refused to follow her strategy and specifically refused to call certain witnesses who had totally BOMBSHELL testimony that would make her case. Nurmi tried his best to get off the case, but JSS said he had to stay, so now IMO he's saying FINE let's see how your brilliant mitigation strategy works Miss Jodi.

Well I guess these bombshell witnesses were MM et al, and if BBM is true, it's no wonder Nurmi didn't want to use them. This was as effective as the forged pedo letters. She's in way over her head, but simply refuses to except that fact. Just another example of how delusional she is, and how such denial can derail the best laid plans.

When JM suggested that the DT could submit secret affidavits for those witnesses who were too afraid to testify, I trusted his judgement on allowing them, but I admit that I felt uneasy about him never being able to question the witnesses.

Nurmi and JW fell into the trap and submitted BS as a last ditch effort. Not only did JM annihilate witness #1, he proved to this jury that the entire defense seems to be based on lies and slander of the victim. If I was on this jury I would be shocked and furious today. Yes, Juan is amazing.

{Just catching up; reading DT's stinko questions of DR.} Realize, Steely, your post is about JA's Twitter account ... but: PLEASE! PLEASE! Just one hour suspension of the WS TOS???!!!! My fingers are itchin' to type what my brain is thinkin'. Call me the Outlaw of Attraction.

Now I'm really curious what you want to post. Can you type it up in MadLib format or something?

I see a St. Bernard.

I should have used a different color. It does kind of resemble* Napoleon or whatever dog was in the picture with Deanna.

*I mean given that she had to draw it from memory and not trace it.

Well... you gotta admit Marc McWitness's testimony WAS a bombshell:bombshell:, just not the way they'd planned! It self-destructed in 5 seconds.

I wonder if the DT can request that it be struck so Juan can't talk about it in closing. :shame:

It seriously makes me question if her entire motivation behind it wasn't simply to hurt/inconvenience Deanna. She had to have known it would very quickly be proven false. Or, maybe she's still delusional that the jury will believe her version of events and discount the live testimony of a bishop and special ed teacher.

Brits..(hope you don't me replying)., The only conclusion that makes any sense to me is that JA has convinced herself that it doesn't matter what sentence she gets because she really does believe the guilty verdict will be overturned.

She's better off in many ways if she DOES get the DP. More appeals. Polishes her role as wrongly imprisoned DV who simply defended herself. Feeds her fan base.

As she said to Flores BEFORE she invented the ninjas...." My life is over." In other words, nothing left to lose.

We can't understand the DT's strategy because there is no strategy in play to present mitigation. There is only a psychopath terrorizing the courtroom, demanding the opportunity to use every means available to destroy Travis and cause pain to those who love him. Its one gigantic FU to JM, Flores, Deanna, Lisa, Mimi, Sky and Chris.......every last person she hopes to sully and harm.

And somehow I bet she's saving her ugliest for allocution.

My question is- why do they think they would get away with it? It makes the lawyers also look really shady. Common sense tells you this might have been easy to disprove. Why did they never corroborate?

Because they knew they would be suborning perjury.

AZL question: For her appeals, do the attorneys pretty much just get to ignore her and work with only trial transcripts/motions/rulings/etc.? Do they typically have any dealings with the original attys?

I can't imagine any attorney would relish getting stuck with disaster of a client if they have to answer to her every beck and call. I'd almost feel sorry for KN and JW if they weren't so obviously relishing their role as sleazebags.

I think we should continue viewing the tweets that we dislike. I think we can learn a lot from them anyway. I like to know that the other side is thinking and planning and how they are trying to spin publicly. We are better off if we are informed fully, imo.

Totally agree. I anticipate a full on meltdown of epic porportions after today's final nail in the coffin of JA's "mitigation".

So, what we can look for over the coming days are highly delusional statements with no basis in reality, a spike in claims that JA's conviction will for sure be overturned on appeal now,a complete character assassination of the Bishop and Deanna, a whole host of allegations that every witness for the state is lying but JA is telling the truth, that KN has for sure got this and will impeach the Church Elder handily, and my personal favorite, that what happened today totally proves what they have been saying all along--that <modsnip> is in the Prosecution's pocket. :laughing::bang:

Did M. McGee even know Travis? Or is that a lie too? Sorry, I don't know whether that is a true fact. TIA.

I like your version better. That she really thinks the jury will believe her. It will be MUCH more satisfying to hear a verdict of DP read if she has no inkling it's coming. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ