Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry,for just jumping in. Does anyone think Nurmi scored any points today?

So far, I think Nurmi has clearly established that the only *advertiser censored* on the Bishop's computer were popups, that no one saw Travis use the Bishop's computer, and that the Bishop did not consider popups to be anything other than an internet scourge.
I think BN's attempt to discredit DR's testimony based on her quite possibly having a different definition of "known" from the Bishop's is going to be ineffective in the long run.
It also sounded to me as though he was trying to confuse the witness regarding the dates.
I hope JM clears everything up.

Nurmi has also established himself as the servant of a vile creature who has no mitigating factors to present.

KN has established that JA can't be held to Mormon standards since a sinner like TA couldn't baptize her.

So he deserved to be murdered. Or something.

And Mormon bishops are liars. Yeah there's that.

Hello jury!

Plus it appears there was some innuendo to try to link this Bishop to other church scandals of sexual abuse and pedophile cover ups?

MOO

Actually, I think he's trying to show that TA "used" women by replacing them quickly when talks of marriage didn't "hook" them for his nefarious plans of .... wait for it.... marriage!

Good thought Val. Because Nurmi will also remind him that TA asked JA to marry him numerous times. NOT! ~ Because Jodi's claims that, so it is automatically now a FACT :mad:

Next will be the testimony of the Bishop stating they had a Sears catalog with pictures of scantily clad women at the house. It arrived by mail and the Bishop didn't notify the Feds of this serious *advertiser censored* being shipped via USPS out to households across America. Those poor young Mormon men and women who were subjected to such trash sent from the store that promoted such horrific acts of selling boxers, whitey tidy's (tighties?), bras, girdles and underoos!

When my daughter was four she colored all the bra and panty ads in our sears catalog, she said she didn't want her daddy to get upset.

Plus it appears there was some innuendo to try to link this Bishop to other church scandals of sexual abuse and pedophile cover ups?

MOO

That's what MM is all about, so it seems fitting.

So, just assume Travis was a player, slept and flirted with many girls while seeing Jodi, watched *advertiser censored* on his computer, was not a good Mormon for lots of reasons, spoke nasty to Jodi and whatever else she said. How does this give JA justification to murder TA.

I am not saying he didn't do these things. But, even if he did that is no reason to kill someone. We went through all this once why are we doing it again?

This mitigation phase is just a bunch of carp. IMO

What happened to the folder with TAs's name on it containing child *advertiser censored*?

Just checked for Tweets from the courtroom ... none YET, but here's one from yesterday:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Feb 1

B8x-tzgIgAAjzkf.png:large

:dunno: I don't remember, but did he really say this -- or -- is this another JA lie ?
If he did really say this then he is a clueless nitwit. People were not "cheering" because they thought this was "entertainment" or a "sporting event"... people were cheering because justice had been served in the brutal slaying of a resident of their state. They were also cheering at the fact that their police department and prosecutor were vindicated by the verdict as well. A murderous and dangerous defendant was stopped cold from continuing on her crime spree- would be another good reason to "cheer" such a verdict.

For some light humor:

Jodi Arias Diary @JodiAriasDiary
#JodiArias Dear Diary: Nurmi is not doing me any favors. I'm worried he is going to bring in the bishop's puppy and start kicking it next.

#JodiArias Dear Diary: Next I kill someone, remind me to do it in a death penalty-free state.

#JodiArias Dear Diary: Nurmi is trying to get the jury to believe that everyone is lying but me. I think it's working.

#JodiArias Dear diary: If the bishop was wrong on when someone lived in his house, I was justified in murdering Travis, right? Sweet.

#JodiArias DearDiary: Nurmi is being an *advertiser censored* to the bishop on the stand. I'm not sure how that is going to make the jury sympathetic to me.

#JodiArias DearDiary: Wait, if Nurmi is saying Bishop Parker is corrupt because he has a lawyer, what does that make me? I have 2...

#JodiArias DearDiary: So my defense hinges on discrediting a bishop who had no involvement with the crime. #SoScrewed.

#JodiArias Dear diary: The Power Ranger guy killed his roommate with a sword. I'm sure his roommate was an abusive pedophile.

On the day that CMJA is sentenced, and she is then taken back into jail, will she have any further contact with any of her current defense team? Or can they walk away from her completely at that point?

If he did really say this then he is a clueless nitwit. People were not "cheering" because they thought this was "entertainment" or a "sporting event"... people were cheering because justice had been served in the brutal slaying of a resident of their state. They were also cheering at the fact that their police department and prosecutor were vindicated by the verdict as well. A murderous and dangerous defendant was stopped cold from continuing on her crime spree- would be another good reason to "cheer" such a verdict.

:seeya: Thanks, Frigga ! Great points !

Not that I never miss anything, but I sure don't remember him saying that!

I agree they were cheering that justice had been done. In this day and age that is no mean feat as too often these days killers and other violent criminals are not held accountable. With the guilty verdict Arias was one step closer to being held accountable and that was IMO cause for celebration.

he's filed something new

Nurmi wants to keep Detective Smith off the stand....#jodiarias #3tvarias

I agree they were cheering that justice had been done. In this day and age that is no mean feat as too often these days killers and other violent criminals are not held accountable. With the guilty verdict Arias was one step closer to being held accountable and that was IMO cause for celebration.

He did say it....

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...bill-montgomery-debra-milke-retried/22225931/

Mental image of his secretary pulling her phone out of the wall after countless " Yes , I'd like to report a pop-up for Victoria' s Secret bras. I'm afeard somebody might be a pedo errrm ... or something. . Right? "

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

I know I'm repeating myself, but don't forget these 'pedos' are the very scum that Nurmi advertises to defend, in his other life. Imagine the prosecution offering up the kind of 'proof' that he is doing in this trial. That's why I dislike Nurmi so much. Not because he is trying to save Arias from the DP, but because he is a hypocrite of the worst kind.

Nope. Nurmi still has not proved TA looked at child *advertiser censored* at BVP's house on the "communal" computer.

Give the guy a break, this was over 13 years ago! This also never once came to light in the first trial, so it's brought up now because they have nothing else? Jodi has murdered Travis 3 times over and we are discussing "pop-ups on scantily clad women" on his computer? :gaah:

IMO, if I were a juror I would be bored out of mind and may have to smoke something on my lunch break.

BBM - Their lunch breaks are so long there is probably time to pop over to Colorado.

Exactly krkrjx! Just like when citizens "cheer" when a convicted death row inmate is finally put to death for their crime or crimes. It is ridiculous that a man of the law would couch a situation like this in such terms. It is so disingenuous and misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem