Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how this is a "big mistake". I wouldn't even care if Nurmi proved him to be a flat out liar. None of this is mitigating evidence!

Well not to you or I or probably 90 percent of the people following this trial. But this "Travis was a dog and treated JA badly" worked on at least one person in the first trial to spare her the death penalty. So they're going all out in this phase.

Big mistake is giving them any kind of a foothold on impeachment of solid prosecution witnesses who are just trying to get the truth out there. If someone is consistently messing up with the time frames, how is that any different that McWitness messing up his time frame? Just thought it would have been important for the Bishop to be absolutely sure of Jake's time living at his home before getting on that stand for cross. The mistake is by the prosecution for not checking out Jake a little more. In fact, why didn't they just supeona Jake?

MOO

Of course JM doesn't have the luck that the DT has of getting 4 day weekends in between every witness to look stuff up when there's a discrepancy. ;)

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 27s28 seconds ago
Martinez asks where the deposition was conducted. Nurmi objects. Sidebar. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 33 seconds ago
N- What would happen to them? Parker- He would be called into the Bishop and he would determine a strict probation #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Nurmi- "let's say there is this guy who talks sexually 2 married women, watches *advertiser censored*, dates more than 1 woman at a time...#jodiarias

According to BK, the question MM asked the Bishop in the email was: didn't my wife live in your home at the same time as TA (not MM himself)? And the Bishop said "yes, I think so". Then MM asked: and didn't TA live right across the hall?

Then Beth said the Bishop did give the floor plan of his home, four bedrooms. One hall leading to all four bedrooms. I do not know why these tweets here aren't picking this up; they leave a lot out.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 41s42 seconds ago
Wait.....Nurmi...ask the Bishop what God's punishment for premeditated murder is. Go ahead... I'll wait. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 42s 42 seconds ago
The masturbating and talking about it. The 12 year old comment
Parker said it's a red flag for the church and society
Nurmi jumped on that 1

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Now Nurmi is repeating what the sex tape said. He brings up tying someone to a tree and sticking up their a##. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
Nurmi asks if a person is less desirable if they've had sexual transgressions, then follows up with Deanna never married. Nice. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55s56 seconds ago
@courtchatter THis is unreal

Trying to insinuate that Travis ruined Deanna by having sex with her resulting in her not being marriage material.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 28s 29 seconds ago

Nurmi got Bishop to say TA could have been expelled for behavior. Juan is up. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 11s 12 seconds ago

Nurmi already asks to approach. #jodiarias

Is JM objecting to anything being vomited by Nurmi? I know I'll be told it's not the judges job, so I won't even ask about her role in this travesty.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 40s 40 seconds ago
Juan brings up the depo the Bishop took and he says it was in Phx and not in this courtroom #jodiarias #3tvarias

according to Twitter feeds, no room in gallery this afternoon. I just sat down in the overflow room on the first floor. Can't see jury from the video feed. Hard to hear the Bishop. I'm the only one in here, besides the Bailiff.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s 24 seconds ago
Nurmi objects sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

of course he does

he's filed something new

Nurmi wants to keep Detective Smith off the stand....#jodiarias #3tvarias

nurmimotion_zpspd5oappq.jpg

Well not to you or I or probably 90 percent of the people following this trial. But this "Travis was a dog and treated JA badly" worked on at least one person in the first trial to spare her the death penalty. So they're going all out in this phase.

Big mistake is giving them any kind of a foothold on impeachment of solid prosecution witnesses who are just trying to get the truth out there. If someone is consistently messing up with the time frames, how is that any different that McWitness messing up his time frame? Just thought it would have been important for the Bishop to be absolutely sure of Jake's time living at his home before getting on that stand for cross. The mistake is by the prosecution for not checking out Jake a little more. In fact, why didn't they just supeona Jake?

MOO

Of course JM doesn't have the luck that the DT has of getting 4 day weekends in between every witness to look stuff up when there's a discrepancy. ;)

I read that the prosecution did subpoena the Bishop. If I am on that jury and I have to decide if MM is truthful or if the Bishop is truthful, though both erred in their dates, I am choosing the Bishop. Just sayin...

This is just so, so sad- for this dear old man who happens to have also given his time to his church and its people. For the man that cares deeply for a sweet young woman- who used to be in his singles ward. This is seriously so heartbreaking. I hope Deanna can find peace and happiness and this is just something she had to endure for the sake of her friend and someone she once loved dearly. I hope she can find love again.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 27 seconds ago
Juan- Who was present at the depo
Parker- Jodi, Nurmi, Willmott, Bishop and his attorney #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 28s 29 seconds ago

Nurmi got Bishop to say TA could have been expelled for behavior. Juan is up. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 11s 12 seconds ago

Nurmi already asks to approach. #jodiarias

Well, no wonder she set him up by taping sex call. What a powerful threat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735