Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 26s 26 seconds ago

Per Flores testimony in 2009 hearing, Dr. Horn thought slit throat came last. #JodiArias

@ericksonvision: Nurmi is going over Flores' earlier testimony regarding Dr. Horn. Did he say the gunshot came first or last? #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Lot's of jurors are taking notes today #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
Lot's of jurors are taking notes today #jodiarias #3TVArias

NY Trial Junkie ‏@nytrialjunkie 4m4 minutes ago
@TrialDiariesJ Really? What's next? What came first the Egg or the Chicken? #jodiarias #Justice4Travis

haha, Nurmi should leave it alone, why keep rehashing it, as Flores is not a medical examiner, jeez.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
Lot's of jurors are taking notes today #jodiarias #3TVArias

This is Where there is no logic. Why keep trying to say shot came first? Guilt phase is over.

I truly don't understand that strategy and never have. In the end what difference does it make. The first jury has already spoken and found the manner in which she murdered Travis was extremely cruel. All it really means is she killed him in three different ways. With the jury voting that the murder was cruel Nurmi should realize by now they just didn't really care which came first. What mattered to them in the end was the methods she used to murder Travis was cruel and overkill.

But I guess he doesn't really have a lot to work with.

The DT goes on and on about this when all of the evidence lines up perfectly with the shot being last.

How does this help Arias in avoiding death? "Oh okay, she shot him maybe first? I guess that's much better...and then she stabbed him 29 times and slit his throat? Well that's makes it altogether not heinous." GMAB.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Sidebar. #JodiArias lifts her glasses to read something she has in front of her. Jurors take a second to swig some TCW.

@TrialDiariesJ: During a hearing Detective Flores testimony about gunshot first wasn't argued by State #jodiarias #3TVArias

Hi guys! Iirc, Florez just stated his opinion before he read the ME report. He is a cop not a doctor and corrected himself on re-direct. Either way, what she did to Travis, no matter what the order that she did it, was heinous, atrocious and beyond cruel. :twocents:

@ericksonvision: Flores had stated Travis Alexander was shot FIRST. Yesterday, Dr. Horn said he was shot LAST. That fact is the crux of #JodiArias defense.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 11s 11 seconds ago

Nurmi brings up the photos found on TA camera. He wants to focus on the shower scene photos. #JodiArias

This is so frustrating considering that the jurors are supposed to have accepted the first-degree (premeditated!), especially cruel conviction. She has already been convicted of committing the murder in an especially cruel fashion so why are they going through this again? Do these lawyers love to spar with the State witnesses or are they genuinely this dumb?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 17s 17 seconds ago
During a hearing Detective Flores testimony about gunshot first wasn't argued by State #jodiarias #3TVArias

@TrialDiariesJ: A pic of Travis standing in shower with his back toward photographer is on display #jodiarias #3TVArias

If Azlawyer peeps in...please tell us why they are going back through all the evidence of the guilt phase. I thought jury had to accept guilt. I do like the way JM is nailing it all down but yesterday with Wilmott endlessly debating with the ME just made me sick. Seems we would be farther down the road by now.

IIRC, both sides have to do a mini version of the first trial so this jury can hear the evidence that convicted her. This will bring them up to speed so they can decide life or death. This jury cannot render a penalty verdict without hearing evidence from the first trial. HTH

Beth FB Post

Nurmi is examining Flores about prior testimony. At a hearing years ago, Flores testified that he spoke to Dr. Horn the day before the hearing. Horn told him it his opinion that the gunshot wound to the head was first but that it didn't incapacitate Travis. (That differs from Horn's opinion yesterday and at last year's trial which is that the gunshot was last.)

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 26s 26 seconds ago

Nurmi shows a photo from the shower, Alexander has his back to the camera, his arms up against the shower wall.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 22 seconds ago
A pic of Travis standing in shower with his back toward photographer is on display #jodiarias #3TVArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member