Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 11s 11 seconds ago
Nurmi pointing out Travis's eyes are closed in the pictures #jodiarias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Travis with his head down and shower running on him is up. Nurmi is trying to show he was vulnerable at many points #jodiarias #3TVArias

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi keeps asking Flores to note that Travis Alexander's eyes are closed in most of the shower photographs. #JodiArias

no offence here, but how you do YOU think they should do it?

"Hey, new jury, the old one already told us she's guilty - now go on and tell us whether she should rot in prison for the rest of her life or should we just give her the needle - aaaaand GO...."
Rock paper scissors???

They are going to have to go back over items, much faster than last time, but yes, you cant expect the jury to come in one day and sentence her the next without knowing the case....

My only concern is that jurors may start to actually believe that Travis did not suffer all that much when in fact they are supposed to have already accepted the especially cruel part of the conviction. That's all.

There were no "negotiations" about not bringing in evidence about weapons. That simply is not something JM would agree to. If a ruling was made on it, it would have been done by the judge, not something JM would just be okay with. Not all weapons necessarily have anything to do with this murder, and those that don't won't be entered as evidence, but any weapon JA had access to or had in her possession can be used as evidence if it's determined to be relevant to the case.
Excuse the use of the word "negotiations"...should have said "motions". There are plenty of things that can't be brought into this trial that I'm sure don't please JM, but he has to follow the rules JSS sets. No these weapons don't have anything to do with the murder, but they do indicate her mindset immediately following it. PTSD and gunshopping? Remorse, but armed with another gun. Etc., etc.

Sorry, I feel these weapons are relevant to her mitigators and apparently disagree with you that all things relevant have been presented to either jury in this case.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 · 34s34 seconds ago
Nurmi stressing how long #TravisAlexander eyes were closed in the sequence of shower photos taken by #JodiArias #abc15
----

Yes, cuz I don't think he knew she was there shooting pics.

@monicalindstrom: #Nurmi showing plenty of time to kill him if planned it bc eyes closed and back to #JodiArias @azmatthews

@ericksonvision: Nurmi asking Flores to confirm the time stamps on the shower pics. #JodiArias

I truly don't understand that strategy and never have. In the end what difference does it make. The first jury has already spoken and found the manner in which she murdered Travis was extremely cruel. All it really means is she killed him in three different ways. With the jury voting that the murder was cruel Nurmi should realize by now they just didn't really care which came first. What mattered to them in the end was the methods she used to murder Travis was cruel and overkill.

But I guess he doesn't really have a lot to work with.

The DT goes on and on about this when all of the evidence lines up perfectly with the shot being last.

I agree it is ridiculous this strategy. Even if shot came first, JA still stabbed him all those times. He had defensive wounds on his hands and feet area so he was still suffering no matter which order.

If the defense is trying to claim he was basically dead already before the stabbing, then she should be convicted of another charge of abusing a corpse.

The defense of JA is beyond ridiculous. Anybody on that jury is going to realize Travis suffered immensely.
It doesnt take a medical examiner to realize how bad he suffered. The pictures of his wounds tell all that needs to be told.

The defense needs to sit down and beg for forgiveness.

@ericksonvision: The point Nurmi is essentially making is that if #JodiArias had PLANNED to kill Alexander she had plenty of opportunities to do so.

@ericksonvision: Flores had stated Travis Alexander was shot FIRST. Yesterday, Dr. Horn said he was shot LAST. That fact is the crux of #JodiArias defense.

But he is still dead right? So is she less of a murdering witch? If I was a juror, I would ask the defense attorney if he thinks this will make me not vote for the DP. Uh, no.

@monicalindstrom: The #jodiArias jury will meet w/the jury commissioner today to discuss the "long term jury fund" so they can get $$

Mitigating factor No. 9: Members of the Jury, Ms. Arias could have started the 'incident' seconds earlier, but she didn't. (Oops - Nurmi forgot she had to wait until the camera was dropped!)

@ericksonvision: The point Nurmi is essentially making is that if #JodiArias had PLANNED to kill Alexander she had plenty of opportunities to do so.

And she did Erickson. She did. She planned it and she did it.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
not sure where Nurmi's going with this. TA had his eyes closed and #JodiArias could have stabbed him whenever but didn't?

@monicalindstrom: #TravisAlexander family wiping away tears seeing the last moments of their loved one's life, again, can't imagine the pain #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Travis with his head down and shower running on him is up. Nurmi is trying to show he was vulnerable at many points #jodiarias #3TVArias

@monicalindstrom: Although convicted & guilty of cruelty, #Nurmi still arguing #JodiArias had plenty of chances to kill TA when his back was 2 her in shower

JMHO... What the time element tells me is this slaughter could have been much worse. Sure she had the the drop on Mr. Alexander more then a few times but waited until she had him in the most vulnerable position which was the sitting position.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 21s 22 seconds ago

Now a photo in which Alexander is looking at the camera. Nurmi says Arias did not take advantage of him while eyes closed and back turned.

Sure ... TA appeared vulnerable in some of those shower pictures and JA could have attacked him at many points, BUT ...

JA purposefully waited until TA was facing her to show her weapon, take control, force him to sit in the small shower stall and then attack him when he was most vulnerable and when he would see what she was up to.

JA wanted him to know and then feel the pain she was about to inflict ... "especially cruel"!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now 3 seconds ago

A few jurors jot down notes as Nurmi continues to pull up shower scene photos and go over the times of each. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 40s 41 seconds ago

Nurmi points out that #JodiArias never injured TA during these photos even when his eyes were closed. Flores agrees.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
not sure where Nurmi's going with this. TA had his eyes closed and #JodiArias could have stabbed him whenever but didn't?

That is the point but definitely don't think it helps her. She waited until he was fully aware of what was happening to him. Doesn't exactly mitigate the cruelty. I suppose it's going toward premeditation.

@monicalindstrom: #TravisAlexander obviously trusted #JodiArias during these pictures that #nurmi is showing since his eyes were closed

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Nurmi says #Jodiarias didn't take any opportunities while his eyes were closed to attack Travis as alleged #3TVArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela