Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 33 seconds ago
Def says their interview w/ DeMarte was compromised b/c of what the witnesses she talked 2 r now claiming & they need to Geff/Fon #jodiarias

I love how Geff and Fon have been turned into a verb, as in "We need time to Geff-Fon the jury."

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 29 seconds ago
Judge denies defense's motion to preclude but she gives defense another shot to interview DeMarte on Hughes and Lisa interview #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 22 seconds ago
No delays, DeMarte can be interviewed after Juan is done with her
Judge will deal with the motion to preclude Det Smith later #jodiarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 42s 43 seconds ago

Chris & Sky, who's emails will haunt us forever, calling TA a predator... Now calling him a Savior. Nurmi wants that excluded.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 11 seconds ago

#jodiarias JSS is like LOL no, Nurmi

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Stephens says that she will consider the motion to preclude Mesa detective Smith, the computer expert, at a later date. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 33 seconds ago
Def says their interview w/ DeMarte was compromised b/c of what the witnesses she talked 2 r now claiming & they need to Geff/Fon #jodiarias

WHAT? Well, if those 2 <mod snip> actually interviewed witnesses instead of going with ja's journel emails, etc. they could have all info. But defense didn't want the truth to come out!!!!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 29 seconds ago
Judge denies defense's motion to preclude but she gives defense another shot to interview DeMarte on Hughes and Lisa interview #jodiarias

Lol. Great move DT. Now hopefully DeMarte will have a sense of what they'll ask on cross examination.

Michael Kiefer &#8207;@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago
Same issue: defense claims Martinez failed to disclose report in a timely manner, which has been an ongoing complaint since early pretrial.

Michael Kiefer &#8207;@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Stephens says that she will consider the motion to preclude Mesa detective Smith, the computer expert, at a later date. #jodiarias

Argh.

I think JSS is finally realizing this trial needs to speed up. We are what Feb. 3rd now?

Michael Kiefer &#8207;@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago
Same issue: defense claims Martinez failed to disclose report in a timely manner, which has been an ongoing complaint since early pretrial.

He can't hand over things that he hasn't received himself!

Stephens offers an excuse: It's time-consuming, is that the reason for delay, she asks. Martinez doesn't know. #jodiarias

But Stephens does not want to delay DeMarte's testimony, but defense can interview her before cross-examination. #jodiarias

So once again they get a delay to work on their cross. Happens every time. Either they refuse to start it towards the end of the day or they run the clock out on insignificant info so they can prepare for the next day. Now this. SMH

MOO

That's a psychopath, alright. Just a few things: most clinical psychs don't use the PCL-R. It's usually used mostly in a forensic setting, like testing people incarcerated, pre-sentencing psych evals, etc. Many clinicians do use the MCMI or MMPI though and diagnose using the DSM - in the latest version of the DSM, psychopathy is only on the scale of antisocial personality disorder. As such, psychopathy isn't a diagnosis most clinical psychs would use.

There is a ton of debate within the psych community (like decades worth) over psychopathy -> if it's real, if it's the same disorder as antisocial personality, whether sociopathy and psychopathy are interchangeable, etc. It's tough to get a grasp on it when even professionals can't agree. ;)

My two cents is that psychopathy is a real personality disorder in and of itself. Most psychopaths test high for antisocial but not all antisocials test high for psychopathy. If one thinks of cluster B disorders (histrionic, narcissistic, antisocial and borderline) like siblings it helps. You know, there's a family resemblance. The PD's are very similar - there's a slight overlap with all of them (and psychopathy). So, when someone is comorbid (a mix of psych disorders) it can be very difficult to see which 'parent' the eyes or ears come from.

Just as an example: psychopaths, borderlines, and antisocials especially often have difficulty maintaining interpersonal relationships but the reasons why are totally different.

I personally believe Jodi is a blend of narcissistic, antisocial, and borderline....but most importantly and predominately, psychopathic.

JMO and FWIW (Happy to have Mindmatters correct me too since I got my psych degree through the School of Hard Knocks. :))

BBM--very relevant and accurate points.

Yep you are spot on Kate--btw always look forward to your insightful posts. You're correct, Psychopathy is not a diagnosis, it is often used for APD and NPD, and recently BPD (albeit to a far lesser degree) as a whole--it is my belief that these 3 PD's should be in a cluster all their own and characterized by manipulation, disregard for the rights and feelings of others, rage, etc. The thing is this--there is a huge difference between a Forensic Evaluation vs. a General MH Evaluation. As someone who has worked for almost two decades in the field I can attest to the fact that how Cluster B PD individuals present in the CJ (legal) setting is quite different than that of the general MH setting. CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING when doing an evaluation.

I have a long held, and hard learned, belief that the DSM falls very short of accurately taking into account the anti-social aspects of PD's as they pertain to Forensics.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 11s 12 seconds ago
Juan says that Detective Smith is still working on a report and Juan always has questions so it's evolving #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
Juan says that http://teensex.com the site defense said Travis was looking up was put on there by a virus #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago
Juan Martinez was not aware Dr. DeMarte had notes until Friday. #JodiArias

The Defense tells their "experts" not to make any notes that might be subject to discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag