Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! JA is getting creamed. I am only worried that it seems like JD is saying BPD a lot and I hope there aren't members of the jury who will start thinking "this chick is super crazy. Cant execute a crazy chick" Tell me I am wrong!!

BBM - It would seem she's used to that, but this is the first time since June 2008.

If I were a juror, I'd want to know if having BPD means being incapable of feeling remorse. If the answer is yes, JA gets off the hook for a lot. But, not for lying to the jury herself and for trashing Travis rather than at least taking responsibility, even if she didn't feel remorseful.

I believe that Dr. D will connect these dots--the covering up of the crime and blaming TA for his own murder will emphatically tell the jury that she has ZERO remorse.

Her response to him asking her aboit the ring is telling.

She first says, "what ring?" What ring? How many diamond rings does Travis have that you took. You know what ring.

Then she says oh yeah, I have it, I'll explain later. Explain what? What could the explanation possibly be for going into a drawer and taking something that doesn't belong to you? Something valuable? Safe keeping? It was in a drawer! It wasn't yours!
Unfortunately though, by Travis not getting mad it allowed her to push yet another boundary out of the way. And by Travis not being mad, and not apparently demanding it back immediately, it probably did allow Jodi to create a delusion that he'd somehow proposed (hat tip to Nali).

I believe that Dr. D will connect these dots--the covering up of the crime and blaming TA for his own murder will emphatically tell the jury that she has ZERO remorse.

Unless there's proof JA is delusional, which there isn't, what would excuse her TA-was-a-pedophile lie? She's evil and her pathologies make her a danger to other inmates if allowed to live among them imo.

If I were a juror, I'd want to know if having BPD means being incapable of feeling remorse. If the answer is yes, JA gets off the hook for a lot. But, not for lying to the jury herself and for trashing Travis rather than at least taking responsibility, even if she didn't feel remorseful.

For murder? What if it was a man who had slaughtered a woman?

It's so hard to leave now and catch that bus to work!!
I'll be up to 2:00 am again so I can read about everything I missed.

It is not a false claim IMO.

If someone takes a diamond ring of mine without me knowing it nor having my permission then the only way they did so was steal it.

Taking something without the consent of the owner IS stealing.

IMO

That's why the judge should ban speaking objections. Nurmi apparently got in that DeMarte was lying, which is not correct. Maybe it's not allowed into evidence, but that doesn't make it false.

He was so patient with her. I wouldn't have been. I think most of us would have dealt with her more aggressively. She takes his diamond ring and he he's not mad? Geez.

Exactly! This same man who would fly off and body slam her at a drop of the hat just lets her take his ring without resorting to violence?? The same man who had his BMW trashed by her who didn't resort to violence?? The same man that even while she stabbed him over and over didn't lay a finger on her?? I don't think he ever hit her. Heck the man didn't even hit her while she took his life, not even to save his own life. I hope this rings a bell in someone's head.

If BPD means one is incapable of feeling remorse. No way - no how... IMO regarding JA - I would not let her off the hook for a lot. She premeditated TA's murder and then tried to cover her tracks and is still trying to lie, lie, lie, tarnish TA's reputation and manipulate and etc., etc. to cover her tracks. She deserves the DP!!!

I've got to duck out for a bit--real life calling--just when it is getting good. Look forward to getting back and reading everyone's posts, and a big thank you to the WS'ers who are kind enough to post the trial tweets for us.

I personally think that's what part of the last argument was about. JA was telling TA that she knew all this stuff about him and Lisa/Mimi because someone was telling her. I think she was hacked into his facebook and email and he did not know about it. When he finally confronted her to provide the name of this "person" who was telling her all these things (because at that point he knew she was in his accounts and there was no spy, she was lying...again and I think he caught her on his facebook right?) he was mad as hell. About everything.

What I don't understand is why he didn't make a concentrated effort to keep her away from him sooner. I don't think the sex was THAT important to him. I think he was scared of her...for quite some time. And didn't know what to do about it. A restraining order? Sure. But most people know how well those go over on obsessed people. Keep your enemies close and all that? He didn't seem to have to nerve to really call her out and try to cut her out of his life until she had moved back to CA. Maybe he felt braver at that point that she would truly leave him alone. She was 1000 miles away.

Imagine how he must have felt when she showed up in the middle of the night/early morning on June 4th 2008? I think I understand the sex thing that day now. :thinking:

MOO
Yes, you are correct about that long text. Remember Travis started saying you have up until a certain time to tell me who said that or you will feel my wrath. It was hard to pick out coz sections of that email were so cherry picked out but it was on screen.

A Recap of Tweets from the Gold Patrol:

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 5m 5 minutes ago

#jodiarias is at recess
butlet’s catch up on the second half of morning session. Juan introduced texts between TA and

#jodiarias the text says that Jodi had people spying on him while he was dating Mimi.
He tells Michelle Jodi sent the rude email to Lisa.

#jodiarias he says Jodi denies slashing his tires but he knows she watched him and Lisa make out 2x at his house. T feels he has no privacy

#jodiarias was reading his texts, email, and his journal. She’s hurt herself in doing this. Jodi would show up unannounced with ]Deanna there

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 4m 4 minutes ago

#jodiarias and Lisa agreed that she would show up uninvited with her there as well.
Zach Billings said he was aware Jodi was showing up

#jodiarias Zack also said there was tension about her moving back to Mesa, AZ.
She would call at inopportune times and would come inside

#jodiarias T’s house uninvited. He thought T was being nice and helping her since she was alone there in Mesa. When she left Mesa

#jodiarias a connection with Travis but she was the one persisting

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 3m 3 minutes ago

#jodiarias and Travis got into an argument. This was when she came over with her moving van.
Dmerit says this is Jodi’s way of wanting

#jodiarias The stolen ring was brought up via text between Jodi and Travis with him asking if she knew where it was. Jodi plays dumb.

#jodiarias confirms she does have it and asks T to not be angry with her.
His response was that he was not angry and for her not to worry

#jodiarias this is very invasive for Jodi to do.

The Gold Patrol™ @thegoldpatrol · 1m 1 minute ago

#jodiarias will start back up at 3:30 EST.

Don’t forget about The Gold Patrol tonight with #AaronHernandez & #jodiarias coverage!

Note this here. Ive seen JA say this before to people. She totally knows what pushes their buttons and she loves to do things like this.

"The Bad Seed"

And imo. this kind of behavior is always so prevalent w/her he's prob learned to just sort of downplay this so as to keep the peace.
Did she ever threaten to kill him? Idk if I've seen this asked...

* just saw your post Hope4More.

+can't wait to read 13th juror.

She won't--this jury is anything but stupid--not to mention both Dr. D and DT have ensured that JA's devious manipulations and especially the relentless and insidious trashing and blaming of the victim point to a very calculating stalker who wouldn't take no for an answer.

From the perspective of trial watchers, we can see the genuine evil that she has perpetuated in the pursuit of the destruction of Travis Alexander. But will the jury get that? There is so much they don't know. The blackmail regarding the second degree murder plea. The twitter account. The blog. The supporters. The manipulation of all things having to do with this trial both while representing herself and not. So much more I'm sure that I'm forgetting at the moment.

All the jury is seeing is a woman with an obvious mental illness/personality disorder who stalked and killed a man for no apparent reason other than she was obsessed with him, he wasn't that into her, so she killed him and then lied about it. Which is what you might consider a person with a mental disorder to do, blame the victim. So will there be at least one on the jury who doesn't think a person with a mental illness/personality disorder belongs on death row? I sure hope they think more along the lines of "what person currently on death row isn't there due to some kind of mental illness/personality disorder?"

I hope there is a psychologist on the jury and that they make it to the final cut. To explain to the jury why they can make the decision for the DP even though she may have a mental/personality disorder.

MOO

That's why the judge should ban speaking objections. Nurmi apparently got in that DeMarte was lying, which is not correct. Maybe it's not allowed into evidence, but that doesn't make it false.

But the text of the phone conversations came in after, on BK's site. And Travis asked her if she took it and she said yes. So yes, JA was lying and DeMarte was not. The jury will know this.

Her response to him asking her aboit the ring is telling.

She first says, "what ring?" What ring? How many diamond rings does Travis have that you took. You know what ring.

Then she says oh yeah, I have it, I'll explain later. Explain what? What could the explanation possibly be for going into a drawer and taking something that doesn't belong to you? Something valuable? Safe keeping? It was in a drawer! It wasn't yours!

Whatever happened to the ring? Anyone know?

From Mark Henle:

Mark Henle @HenleMark · 2m 2 minutes ago

Prosecutor #JuanMartinez questions Dr. DeMarte during the #JodiArias retrial Wednesday morning.

B9BiA20IMAAAa3j.jpg:large

Mark Henle @HenleMark · 3m 3 minutes ago

Dr. Janeen DeMarte testifies during the #JodiArias retrial Wednesday morning.

B9BiGc_IUAEL9N7.jpg:large

Mark Henle @HenleMark · 6m 6 minutes ago

Prosecutor #JuanMartinez questions DeMarte during the sentencing phase of the #JodiArias retrial Wednesday morning.

B9BhQ1JIAAIjkDi.jpg:large

#JodiArias enters the courtroom after a Wednesday morning break.

B9Bg-Y3IUAIPirc.jpg:large

Defense attorneys Kirk Nurmi reads a document during the #JodiArias retrial Wednesday morning.

B9Bh5TKIUAA2e0-.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member