Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Unless JM shows me that people with BPD can somehow keep from doing things people with BPD apparently have no choice but to do: devaluing people, extreme emotions, etc.

DeMarte will explain that JA will kill again, that she has a murderess heart, and that she cannot be rehabilitated. Remember. She just stated that JA no longer cared about TA. She went right on to RB as if nothing had happened. No remorse. This is huge to me. No sadness, No remorse, No mitigators. Very sad a human being can end up acting like a depraved animal. This was not Travis's fault.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 59s59 seconds ago
#JodiArias says both guys I've been engaged to offered me boob jobs.
----

That's because a personality transplant wasn't an option.

I know more than them, can't stand Jodi Arias, and I'm on the fence, leaning for LWOP.

Me, too, Nali87. IMO, DP is too easy. I hope JA lives a VERY long life in the little cage of prison, with the memories on a constant loop of what she's done. Executing Jodi will not bring any peace, healing or closure for Travis' Family.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 23s 23 seconds ago
Reagan- Thanks for the warning #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 44 seconds ago
TA- Yea you will prob get a threatening email from some anonymous person & it will be her. There's a good chance this will happen #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Regan- how long ago did you guys break up
TA- Almost a year. I had to change my password but she figures it out #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Regan- She still stalking you?
TA- Yep #jodiarias #3tvarias

Anyone know the date of these instant messages between TA and RH? Just trying to pinpoint the date JA and TA "broke up" - from Travis' perspective.

Rose, I think at the end of Dr. DeMarte's testimony, she will say that Jodi has the mind of a killer, that she intended to kill and that she would kill again. Right now it is all about her illness or psychosis, whatever they want to call it. But make no mistake, she didn't just kill Travis. That would have been awful. But she slaughtered him as if he was an animal. DeMarte will point out again that Jodi had no feeling for TA after the kill and no remorse whatsoever. And the defense cannot make that go away.

:seeya:

BBM: While I agree with some of these points, I think she is pure EVIL !

This was posted this before: The Bad Seed !

I bet she acted just like Rhoda when she was younger, and as recent as yesterday, you could see the evilness in her face per yesterday's the court photos!

The lack of remorse and the false allegations will do her in I think. Evil through and through. I don't think I've seen a criminal quite like her. Her parents must be secretly relieved that she will spend the rest of her life in prison.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias wanted to be dead by #TravisAlexander's birthday.
---

So instead she wrote that letter to his family.

Again everything she does she some how brings it full circle to Travis. Everything in her world is/was about Travis. Even the date of her planned suicide.

if she has any survival skills she'll get up there and for once in her life be real and
tell the damn truth.
be remorseful

and beg for her life the same way I know Travis did.

BBM: I just don't see either one of these happening ... she lies like the :dervish: and she has NEVER shown even a "hint" of remorse ...

But IF -- IF she tried, I hope this jury does not buy it because again, she would be lying, IMO.

That was my point much earlier. Even if BPD somehow could explain away the why of what she did, and even if it can explain away her lack of remorse, and even her WANTING to devalue him after the murder, it can't explain away why she hasn't taken responsibility after all these years, and as bad, why she looked straight at the jury and lied about her PARENTS abusing her, not to mention the utter filth against Travis they've been subjected to for months.

I think the jury will very much dislike the DT after today, and will not be inclined to believe a word they say.

Because she thinks he deserved it, fits the whole "devaluing BPD thing". Devaluing her parents as well. The utter filth about Travis= Devaluing him again. All BPD.

This is what I'm getting from the testimony. I'm just being honest here.

I never said that. I'm saying, the way Dr. DeMarte is explaining it to me, sounds like her BPD is behind some the devaluing things she said after murdering Travis: the abuse lies, the pedophilia, the letter to his family etc. Those were the main things that would have led me to personally vote for DP. To me right now, it sounds like this is what BPD people apparently do and that they somehow can't control.

Of course it's not an excuse, but I'd consider it a mitigating factor while deciding her punishment.

I don't want to antagonize people though, so this is my last comment on this... :)

Nali, you have the right to your opinion.

DM is going to connect all these "data points" as indicating a long history of BPD. No snapping. No personality changes that can be blamed on Travis.

My nickname for her is Dr. "Data Point" DeMarte. It's one of her favorite concepts.

I never said that. I'm saying, the way Dr. DeMarte is explaining it to me, sounds like her BPD is behind some the devaluing things she said after murdering Travis: the abuse lies, the pedophilia, the letter to his family etc. Those were the main things that would have led me to personally vote for DP. To me right now, it sounds like this is what BPD people apparently do and that they somehow can't control.

Of course it's not an excuse, but I'd consider it a mitigating factor while deciding her punishment.

I don't want to antagonize people though, so this is my last comment on this... :)

Devaluing Travis is one thing. The outright disgusting lies she's told don't seem to be a part of that. That is a manipulative action that, from what Ive read about BPDs doesn't seem to be a part of the MO. The lies upon lies cannot be explained by this diagnosis, something she can't help but do. It's very calculated, it's why she formulates a new lie every time she realizes she isn't doing enough to be seen as the victim. It's why she makes up abuse that didn't happen. That is not BPD. It's too calculated, otherwise it would have been her view all along that she was abused. Telling lies is not something she can't control at all. Her feelings can't be controlled but her horrendous lies can.

BBM: While I agree with some of these points, I think she is pure EVIL !

This was posted this before: The Bad Seed !

I bet she acted just like Rhoda when she was younger, and as recent as yesterday, you could see the evilness in her face per yesterday's the court photos!

I'm guessing you're talking about this one?

JAfeb32015a.jpg

So at least for the whole time she lived in Mesa he never considered themselves a couple or even dating.

My gawd..
All the lies...everything out of her mouth is/was a lie...She is so evil...so very evil..Oh Travis, I am so sorry
This is what happened...
Oh dear dear...

Anyone know the date of these instant messages between TA and RH? Just trying to pinpoint the date JA and TA "broke up" - from Travis' perspective.

I don't know what evidence showing TA did not call JA on Valentine's Day 2007 means to anyone else, but it means to me that TA didn't consider them a couple on that important day.

Me, too, Nali87. IMO, DP is too easy. I hope JA lives a VERY long life in the little cage of prison, with the memories on a constant loop of what she's done. Executing Jodi will not bring any peace, healing or closure for Travis' Family.

But neither will a natural death from prison. There is no closure when you lose someone you love! That's psychobabble. That family will never be the same. And until Jodi dies, Jodi will say he deserved it. Never will have a good outcome.

It seems Jodi has been sick since birth. Every boyfriend liked her and then couldn't wait to get far away from her. I wish her parents would have had her committed to a mental hospital before Travis had to die. In most States I don't think an adult can be forced into a hospital by family but everyone who knew her knew she was mentally ill. This is all so sad. Travis didn't have a chance. Unfortunately, there are people like Jodi walking our streets. Very very scary.

I think THIS is what someone meant earlier about this "humanizing" JA. DeMarte has filled in the pieces of the puzzle as to how someone looking so meek is actually such a vicious killer. No one could ever figure out what to do with her, and she clearly needed professional help.

As I said in a separate post, if the defense had gone this route this would be over, she'd have LWP or LWOP and maybe getting the help she needs to become "normal".

The ultimate irony is that this is her one chance - and LKN is going to pull up H & J to say totdoc is an idiot.

Devaluing Travis is one thing. The outright disgusting lies she's told don't seem to be a part of that. That is a manipulative action that, from what Ive read about BPDs doesn't seem to be a part of the MO. The lies upon lies cannot be explained by this diagnosis, something she can't help but do. It's very calculated, it's why she formulates a new lie every time she realizes she isn't doing enough to be seen as the victim. It's why she makes up abuse that didn't happen. That is not BPD. It's too calculated, otherwise it would have been her view all along that she was abused.

Then JM better make that point quick. I've yet to even read anything about "manipulation" coming from Dr. DeMarte. I know her testimony is far from over but I hope it's coming soon. I don't like this side of the fence.

I would love to have the jury hear that she was getting ready to run before she was arrested, and had knives and a gun with ammo in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem