Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it. Demarte has repeatedly talked about Arias' fear of abandonment. Would an ordinary juror dare to give the death penalty to someone like that? Some might consider it to be cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm still choosing to be optimistic about this jury though.

Me too Rose. This jury is DP qualified. Many of us who are expressing doubt, would have expressed our doubts during jury selection and we'd have been weeded out anyway. IMO

A 'Personality Disorder' is not the same thing as schizophrenia or psychosis. A disorder is less debilitating.

IMO, it is like any other kind of illness. One needs to care for oneself when one has a disorder. If one has 'anger management; disorder, then one NEEDS to learn to control outbursts. It is not an excuse for assault. It is an 'explanation' but not a justification. If one has diabetes, then one has to control one's diet and take insulin after measuring blood sugar levels. You cannot ignore it.

The same with BPD. You cannot act out on all antisocial impulses then expect to be given a pass for any crimes committed. One must take persona responsibility and get treatment, and try and combat the negative impulses. JA did NOTHING like that. She doubled down and continues to do so.

Last trial JW was all about DrD's youth and inexperience, followed by much ado about which version of which tests she'd used, and ending with a lot of nonsense regarding secondary "scales" that meant nothing. Wisely, JW has been benched or refused to get in the ring with DrD this time. I expect Nurmi to attempt to barrel down Slime Highway again, and Dr. DeMarte will then force his trashy jalopy off the road and into a ditch.

Didn't they also say Dr D was totally incorrect with her BPD diagnosis? Are they going to thank her for it now seeing as they say it is mitigating?

Nurmi said in his opening that that jury would hear two doctors testify that CMJA has BPD and the only one who has is Dr D. Dr G went with bi polar based on things her friends and family said, not nothing he noticed.

I am totally floored by some of days revelations. For me the only missing piece I would like to know would be what the May 26 fight was about. Other than that I feel that I completely understand what happened here with this tragic "relationship"

JA mentions having had "the conversation" with TA on May 22(that's the date she wrote, it could have been any day, I'm pretty sure much of this is pre-med covering her tracks), the day she got her new phone and just days after she mentions her old phone got "stolen"(later found by her dear Aunt Sue...just in time to be used for her third story). I'm guessing it had to do with their sexting and/or sex tape that she had recorded illegally and either admissions that she'd already forwarded them to his new marriage interests or threats to do so. Didn't Mimi's interest cool down very quickly about that time too?

Yeah, but when she sliced ar her wrist, it really hurt!!! So no suicide.

Just jumping off your post. Don't believe this for a minute. It was a lie to cover for the comment on the 48hrs Interview. When, in her words, she was completely innocent. I wonder why JM chose to use her excuse in this testimony?

MOO

Over in Jodiland they are claiming that Dr. D had to make up all the mean things Daryl, Matt M., Sky, family, friends, etc. said about Jodi. They said unless the information is in sworn affidavits - like you know, Witness #1's - the info must be a lie. :facepalm:

:jail:

Over in Jodiland they are claiming that Dr. D had to make up all the mean things Daryl, Matt M., Sky, family, friends, etc. said about Jodi. They said unless the information is in sworn affidavits - like you know, Witness #1's - the info must be a lie. :facepalm:

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I would love to have the jury hear that she was getting ready to run before she was arrested, and had knives and a gun with ammo in the car.
I always thought it funny Jodi was 'running' in a rented car. Where was she planning on going? They all have GPS.

IA

For those who feel a BPD diagnosis means she couldn't help it, I'd like to bring up the fact that at the very start of this she vowed to "drag travis's reputation through the mud," if the state didn't agree to a plea deal of 2nd degree/manslaughter.

That right there throws all the "she can't help it" right out the window. I'm not trying to attack anyone else's belief of how BPD fits into her sentencing, but for me, that threat is as calculated, and premeditated as the actual murder itself. And just like the premeditated murder, she carried out that threat to a level that no one could have imagined. I wouldn't be surprise to learn that even JM is shocked by how far she was willing to take it.

IMO

And it's too bad that Juan cannot mention this because I agree with you. She said "Dare me" and she is making good on her promise. So that right there is proof that she can control her actions IF and WHEN she WANTS to

Wow! What a day. Smart strategy for defense is to take what Dr D had to say and rest! They do not need PTSD or "bad" Travis to get to their mitigating factors. If she would show some remorse during allocation and sit down. Her attorneys could plead with jury to spare her life due to BPD and remorse. Maybe add that Travis is truly the victim of having to deal with someone who needed help. He is not a bad guy.
Any bets they will do the smart thing to save her life?

If there were a way to redeem TA's character by JA publicly admitting the pedo event and TA's violence toward her were all self-serving lies, that might work.

I am 100% convinced that the jurors will have this discussion when they deliberate, and that the DP will hang in the balance. If the mood here is any indication, the best she can hope for is 11-1 in favor of the DP, with those 11 not budging till the 1 surrenders. :)

The jury doesn't know any of that.

Ok you may have me there....however, I think it's obvious to these jurors that her intent to lie and manipulate has been a main objective from the start. Maybe they don't know about that specific threat, but her actions are obvious, and the hired experts come off as hired hacks. we do know that these jurors are not completely unaware of what transpired during the previous trial.

Maybe a convincing arguement can be made that her BPD means she can't control devaluing Travis, but as others have stated, having BPD doesn't preclude you from not feeling remorse or guilt after the fact. And from the first day of this phase there has been no attempt at showing remorse. It's been all about "he deserved it," and when that notion is based on lies and manipulation empathy goes out the window.

For me at least :)

I fail to understand how anyone can have any sympathy for Arias but I respect all opinions whatever they may be.

As for as me personally, the more I hear about this wretched woman... the more evil she becomes. and I have more disdain for her than before... if possible.

She is totally heartless, and hurting so many that happened to cross paths with her leaving deep scars that will never heal. She deserves death..not only for slaughtering a good man who was trying to escape her death grip, but for almost destroying his family in the process. We have seen Travis' family have to endure this torture for years now, and have seen what a toll it has taken on them .......with some of them even contemplating suicide.:( I cant even imagine what its been like for them having to sit there all the while knowing the DT has pushed nothing but disparaging lies about Travis. It shows what a lovely family he has to be able to sit there respectfully throughout all of it. So JA has made multiple victims by murdering Travis.

I don't have once ounce of sympathy for this horrid creature. She had no right to slaughter Travis just because she couldn't consume his life and own him. She sucks the life out of everyone she ever dated. And I said early, she doesn't have remorse because she felt entitled to murder Travis and I am glad to see that Dr. DeMarte agrees.

I have watched and read about more death penalty cases than I can remember and never ever have I seen as much evil as this one defendant possesses.

I keep thinking back to when she sat in the interview room alone waiting for Det. Flores to return and she threw her head back, and let out the most evil laugh. I knew then this woman is evil to the core. I knew she would become someone we don't often get to see. We have seen her evil at work for years now and she never gets enough of trashing Travis.

You are correct, her disorder doesn't give her a pass on murder. She had choices which she made, and she gleefully made them because Travis dared to say 'no more.' She is even more diabolical and evil than men who have murdered someone who tried to get away from the bad relationship. And I think we all know if this defendant had been a male there wouldn't be one ounce of sympathy for him, rightly so, and he would also been sent to death row last year.

I hope the first thing they do is put gender aside when deciding the fate of this murderer, and look solely on the crime itself, and what she has done in the aftermath that is equally as cruel, and hideous as the murder was.

I feel she didn't murder the others because they weren't as good of a catch as Travis was. He had everything. A beautiful home, good paying job, prestige, a go getter, intelligent, handsome, compassionate to those in need, and much loved by all those who knew him.

She had a choice to move on to another man and stalk them and make their lives a living hell like she tried to do to every man that no longer wanted her. She chose to slaughter instead, and then she moved on like nothing ever happened, and began her trail of lies in order to devalue Travis' life. I don't think she loved Travis. What she did is not love. She caused him much fear and heartache. She wanted to possess him as if he was an bright ornament she could wear on her arm that made her appear better.

Yesterday and today Travis' gentle spirit was with Juan in the courtroom, and the truth finally came forth so loud that it knocked the lies down like a house of cards, and revealed how truly evil JA is. No matter what Geff and MF says they will never undo what Dr. DeMarte, and Juan has done for Travis. The truth has been revealed, and it will resonate with this jury. Now they know this vile wicked woman killed a good man, and then lied and lied about him after death. No one is more deserving of death than JA.

IMO

:goodpost:

I think her band of supporters did her a real disservice by feeding the monster. She only admitted to the killing after she had two years worth of DV supporters telling her he deserved it; it fed into her devaluation of him. If she had stuck with the ninja story, at least her arrogance wouldn't have lifted to the point of dragging the Alexanders into a deeper pit of sorrow.

This is a smart jury. They get it. We've seen that from the juror questions. They won't need to be told that the suicide attempts or the BPD behaviors were manipulative.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Transcript of ex Matt M:
Matt moved bc he needed space from #JodiArias.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 27 seconds ago

Matt tried to break off the relationship w/#JodiArias.
She cried alot.
He felt bad for her so continued to "date" her w/no physical contact.

I am way behind, so pardon the interruption but DAMN that is truly a BOMBSHELL because Darryl was someone who tried desperately not to hurt her with his testimony whatsoever. Dr. DeMarte has now established a clear pattern of JA refusing to be rejected, BF tries to be kind but create a safe distance, and yet she won't be denied. All the while everything JA and her DT said about TA cannot be verified independent of JA's lies.

But what if you could lock up the dog with rabies away for life (providing food and such as needed) and throw away the key? If you had this option - would you kill him even though it's not his fault he has rabies?

Would you want him to suffer - from petmed

Rabies is a severe, and often fatal, viral polioencephalitis that specifically affects the gray matter of the dog's brain and its central nervous system (CNS). The primary way the rabies virus is transmitted to dogs in the United States is through a bite from a disease carrier: foxes, raccoons, skunks, and bats. Infectious virus particles are retained in a rabid animal's salivary glands to better disseminate the virus through their saliva.

the following are some of the symptoms to watch for in your dog:

Pica
Fever
Seizures
Paralysis
Hydrophobia
Jaw is dropped
Inability to swallow
Change in tone of bark
Muscular lack of coordination
Unusual shyness or aggression
Excessive excitability
Constant irritability/changes in attitude and behavior
Paralysis in the mandible and larynx
Excessive salivation (hypersalivation), or frothy saliva

Bottomline for me, instead of mitigating the circumstances of this premeditated coldblooded killing, they continued to justify the heinous murder by attacking the character of the victim. This was all Jodi. Humans have freewill, our whole society is based on freewill, as our most of our religions and judicial system. There was no psychosis, Jodi knew right from wrong, she admitted as much. But, she in her arrogance continued to pursue her desires with absolutely no regard for anyone else....AND continues to do so to this day. DP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member