Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question - are Borderlines usually such consummate liars or is that another personality impairment of hers?

I guess the animal abuse evidence is not going to come in. :tantrum: Okay, she didn't harm Bobby, Matt or Darryl but she did harm innocent animals. What's her excuse for that? They made her to do it? Self-defense?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
This behavior she describes is consistent with Borderline Personality #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 9 seconds ago
When one does show it it's seething/ violent outbursts. Happens when they feel criticized & they don't own it, they say it's not their fault

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 52s 52 seconds ago
MMPI- DeMarte gave this test....Jodi feels angry inside often but doesn't tend to show it. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Reminds me of Juan's closing in the guilt phase. One of his recurring points was JA and her "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" attitude.

If the defense had hired DeMarte and gone all-out on mental illness as a mitigating factor I bet they'd have won and we could have been done in like a week or two.

Thought the same thing. She's brought every last bit of all this upon herself.

In the letter/email, JA says she's kicked walls, smashed windows, kicked down doors.

in Jodi's journal she writes about an apartment in Monterrey and that the deposit covered the damages.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 55 seconds ago
#jodiarias experiences anger and it's harmful to her and others according to Jodi herself #3tvarias

I had hoped for something more clever for my first post...but all I can say is WOW!!! Juan and DeMarte doing an excellent job showing defendant's true colors. Back to stunned reading....

I had hoped for something more clever for my first post...but all I can say is WOW!!! Juan and DeMarte doing an excellent job showing defendant's true colors. Back to stunned reading....

Welcome! Looks like DeMarte is bringing even new members out of the woodwork ;)

So glad you're here!!

:seeya: Hello and :welcome6:

I don't know. I'm probably alone in this... But this testimony is humanizing her for me. Basically from an empty shell full of evil to someone with actual feelings. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe I'm tired.

I can see what you are saying. JMOO but JA's other relationships weren't exactly like the relationship with TA., because something to think about is, the sexual relationship continued between them (TA/JA) along with phone sex, etc. Does this show he was saying things to other people and friends, esp. female friends yet still having sex with JA. Could some of the jurors see this like manipulation by TA. Just a thought. moo, I'm not a JA supporter, just some things that ran across my mind.

I think the evidence has shown she has no remorse because she is not remorseful and feels justified in murdering Travis. I believe she is remorseless because she felt entitled to murder a man that no longer wanted her. That's totally different than being unable to have remorse.

I would see her as someone who has no redeeming qualities and her attitude would weigh heavy. The BPD would not weigh into my decision. It is a disorder which many people have and most do not resort to murder.

Death row has many inmates that are psychopaths or have BPD or another personality disorder of some kind.

I don't think one juror is sitting there looking at JA for months who thinks she is mentally ill. Imo, they know she was very cognizant of everything she did and why she did it.

IMO

Also BPD's CAN feel remorse. I have known one BPD and she was remorseful a lot when her behavior became erratic. Having BPD should not let her off the DP IMO. JMHO, but to ME this is all the more reason she should get the DP is because she has already proven that she would do it again and she does not feel sorry in the least for taking TA's life, plus the fact that this is a life long disorder means, in this case, (not all BPD's, just the murdering types) she cannot be rehabilitated and set free at a later date.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 38s 39 seconds ago
Email between Reagan and Travis- #jodiarias #3tvarias

I wonder if Nurmi 'gets it' now. She did the same to him - begged JSS to keep him on and later trashed him.

Welcome!! And completely adequate first-post thoughts. LOL

Yeah. But could she have behaved differently or is this all because of her disorder (which can also be regarded as a mental illness according to Dr.M)?
She knew killing him was wrong. And she wasn't psychotic. She was hurt and decided it was payback time. She planned the murder and alibis she would use.

If you can choose to do something, you can also choose to not do it.

Yes! Martinez is going nuclear today.

Since this stuff is nothing new to me, maybe that's why it has no impact on me.

I don't see why Jodi should get a free pass for wreaking havoc on other people's lives and then killing just because she has a personality disorder. Most peolple who get the death penalty have personsity disorders. I truly believe she is also a sociopath. She may have had trouble in her relationships, but it's no excuse for what she did, it's not understandable, and it does nothing to explain her complete disregard for him. IMO, the pedophilia lie is inexcusable as anything more than a vindictive little girl who has hate in her heart.

I don't know MeeBee. Dr. DeMarte is telling me right now that people with Borderline Personality Disorders LIVE to devaluate people. JA has never received treatment and probably isn't right now either. Wouldn't these pedophilia and abuse lies fit with how someone with BPD would act? And can a person with BPD realize that they're devaluating people or is it something they cannot control? She's telling me JA, because of this BPD think TA deserved to die, which means she probably isn't feeling any remorse.

Some (jurors) might go... Well she's lied about him horrible, she has no remorse.. But can we trace that back to the BPD? Maybe Life In Prison (which is not exactly a free pass) will be enough. After all, JA can't act any different.. She has BDP!

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 41s41 seconds ago
Dr. DeMarte is rocking the stand today. If I ever need counseling, she's my gal. #JodiArias

I'm actually looking forward to Nurmi's cross. Unlike the poor bishop Dr. D won't be embarrassed by Nurmi's pathetic attempts to try and make Travis look abusive b/c of their sex life. Girl knows her stuff, he won't be able to bully her, nor will he be able to diismiss all of this evidence b/c it's coming in through the words and observations of countless people who knew her.

They are screwed, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving defendent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18