Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's afraid she can't control her mother from prison?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 6s 7 seconds ago
#Jodiarias worried that her mother won't follow through with her requests about the trial, appetite disturbance etc #3tvarias

oooooohhhhh....wonder what THAT was about?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 19s 19 seconds ago
Sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

I totally agree- what you see is what you get- that is who he is---and it is ugly

Sorry to sound heartless but I have to stick by what I said. The jurors do not have the benefit of having their phones turned on next to them all day during the trial. If something like that had happened to one of their family members then someone else would have to take care of it until they were able to be notified, even if it meant the end of the court day. I believe the same should apply to Wilmott, Nurmi, Juan, MDLR, and anyone else that may be on the stand at the time.

MOO

I do understand this perfectly and when you put it that way, I must agree.

Although surely if one of the jurors had a death or someone became seriously ill don't you think they would call the court so the juror could be informed?

And that is a wrap folks...this is flirting dangerously with, if not outright crossing, professional boundaries--a very important aspect of Ethical Codes.

Sorry to quote my own post but wanted to give folks a link to the APA's "Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct" as ascribed to by AZ Licensing Board of Psychologists--https://psychboard.az.gov/

"...3.05 Multiple Relationships
(a) A multiple relationship occurs when a psychologist is in a professional role with a person and (1) at the same time is in another role with the same person, (2) at the same time is in a relationship with a person closely associated with or related to the person with whom the psychologist has the professional relationship, or (3) promises to enter into another relationship in the future with the person or a person closely associated with or related to the person.
A psychologist refrains from entering into a multiple relationship if the multiple relationship could reasonably be expected to impair the psychologist's objectivity, competence or effectiveness in performing his or her functions as a psychologist, or otherwise risks exploitation or harm to the person with whom the professional relationship exists.
Multiple relationships that would not reasonably be expected to cause impairment or risk exploitation or harm are not unethical.
(b) If a psychologist finds that, due to unforeseen factors, a potentially harmful multiple relationship has arisen, the psychologist takes reasonable steps to resolve it with due regard for the best interests of the affected person and maximal compliance with the Ethics Code.
(c) When psychologists are required by law, institutional policy, or extraordinary circumstances to serve in more than one role in judicial or administrative proceedings, at the outset they clarify role expectations and the extent of confidentiality and thereafter as changes occur. (See also Standards 3.04, Avoiding Harm, and 3.07, Third-Party Requests for Services.)...
" Source: APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct://

BK is on sidebar 12. Every time there is a question by JM, there is sidebar for Nurmi.

After the attack this morning on the lovely doctor, does BK still feel that Nurmi flipped her from being a witness for the state to a defense witness for Jodi?

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ

Prosecutors trying to establish that defense claims about Arias having severe mental illness are highly exaggerated.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5
0 replies 0 retweets 6 favorites

Since Nurmi cannot refute these claims, he just keeps JM at sidebar. Meanwhile, we all die from boredom. :(

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6s 7 seconds ago

Back from sizzle.

Juan and DeMarte going over mental illness and such. #JodiArias

If this was part of a movie that was a black comedy it would be hilarious.
- JA's journal says "Nothing remarkable happened."
- Defense experts: "Because of the Law of Attraction, this proves that she caught Travis masturbating while looking at kiddie *advertiser censored*." (Or choking or spinning or whatever it was that JA later claimed happened then.)
- DeMarte: "I take it to mean nothing remarkable happened."
- Defense atty: "Oh so you have training that makes you an expert on interpreting journals?"

#AnyIdiotKnowsWhichOneMakesSenseToTheJury

After the attack this morning on the lovely doctor, does BK still feel that Nurmi flipped her from being a witness for the state to a defense witness for Jodi?
Nomention of that or of last week's testimony.
ETA: Btw, I agreed with Beth that Nurmi did try to flip Dr DeMarte's testimony for the defense. That is why Juan is turning it around today for the prosecution. Hence, all the sidebars by Nurmi. :)

I really wish he'd ask DM more about that vile letter.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 11 seconds ago

Back in a sizzle. More "beyond the scope" talk.

Every 1 minute we go into a sizzle it seems. #JodiArias

Especially cruel lying torture murderess does not have PTSD and knows difference between right and wrong. Dr. DeMarte's work here is done.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 4 seconds ago
J- Portion of your report talks about mental illness and what the factors were for you to use that term #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 10 seconds ago
J-How many times did you use that word "mental illness" in your report?
D- 3 times #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 35s 36 seconds ago
DeMarte- It's another term for psy disorder #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

Page 27 in DeMarte's report says: Arias has BPD and anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder #jodiarias #3tvarias

But Arias is good at adjusting men...

Such a disgrace to have a sidebar every minute. What must the poor jurors think of this circus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member