Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am astounded that Nurmi is allowed to shout, hurl insults and call the witness names. I did not think that attorneys were allowed to make statements as if they were truth - it was my impression they could only ask questions in an attempt to elicit testimony. Since when did questioning witnesses devolve into hysteria?

I was just comparing his craziness to the accusations he made in his latest motion. IIRC, considering it's Trial by Tweet time, every question Juan asked Geffner was backed either by court transcripts ascribing the statements to a judge or an appellate decision.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 25s 26 seconds ago
Now they are discussing a journal entry- July 9, 2008 #sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 58s 59 seconds ago
She also took the text at face value about JA asking Travis if he deposited her check after she had killed him and considered it #jodiarias

What does this mean.....she (Dr. D) took the text at face value?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 8s 8 seconds ago
Journal entry July 9, 2008
It's Jodi's birthday. She spoke with Ryan and they didn't talk much (3 hours) #jodiarias #3tvarias

you know,after all these years i didn't know when her birthday was until now

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 16s 17 seconds ago

When I write my journal of food for the day I lie constantly though to keep my calorie count to under 2000. #JodiArias #NoOnesPerf

-----WAT must be bored ... lol !

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 31s 32 seconds ago
Ryan made her aware people were dropping her name about TA's death. #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 19s 20 seconds ago

"I'm no lady of justice but I know there is nothing he could have possibly done to deserve this" wrote #JodiArias ermmmmm awkies.

@TrialDiariesJ: #jodiarias and Maria remain in the courtroom #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Willmott and Nurmi are in hall texting #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Something is up with Willmott....someone heard Maria say "Oh God" and Jodi rubbed Jen's back #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan is back going over notes and looking ready #jodiarias #3tvarias

BBM. Ewww . . . that gave me the shivers. Why is Jodi allowed to touch anyone?

(Although I do hope nothing serious is going on with Wilmott personally.)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Jodi says she's knows what's true and this is poisoning Utah for her #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
J- If we we're talking about mental illness just about every person that's in jail has mental illness
Objection/sustained #jodiarias

This is brilliant. It was also mentioned that the entire family was subject to depression and would be considered mentally ill. I can't believe the objection was sustained. The logic is sound. ;)

@TrialDiariesJ: #jodiarias says maybe this is what I get for my sexually transgressions, "wonder what TA is going through right now" #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wow this is sick. "I wonder what Travis is going through right now." This is after she killed him. My God.

Jurors now know JA was a month shy of 28 when she killed TA.

Bipolar, not borderline. She's stating that how others viewed Jodi worked into her diagnosis of BPD. She took nothing away from jerk but B$&@£, snide, and sarcastic allowed her to see how others characterized her and can also support intrusive behaviors.

You are right. Thanks Kate for bringing that to my attention--I corrected it in my OP.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 38s 38 seconds ago
This is a murder, homicide. Who could harm TA? We did have arguments but loving and kindness. He didn't deserve death. Not for him or for me

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
#jodiarias says maybe this is what I get for my sexually transgressions, "wonder what TA is going through right now" #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

"I'm no lady of justice but I know there is nothing he could have possibly done to deserve this" wrote #JodiArias ermmmmm awkies.

I do hope, when he has finished with the self-serving post-murder journal entries, that Juan plays the part of Flores' interview where she was pushing her journals on him.

From WAT:

LOVE that the jurors are hearing this particular quote from her diary!

JM & DM: she's scary, dangerous, manipulative, cold as ice, unremorseful, knows right from wrong. She chose to murder him and has never regretted it.

I am astounded that Nurmi is allowed to shout, hurl insults and call the witness names. I did not think that attorneys were allowed to make statements as if they were truth - it was my impression they could only ask questions in an attempt to elicit testimony. Since when did questioning witnesses devolve into hysteria?

Or what about asking questions like "Don't you think the appellate court would rule against you?" or something like that he said. WHY he would be allowed to say THAT in front of the jurors is unacceptable to me.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 5 seconds ago
JA says she forgives people for pointing at her & she won't throw people under the bus. She's no lady of justice but TA didn't deserve that

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 34s 35 seconds ago
Jodi says she had nothing to do with this tragedy and she takes comfort in the truth #jodiarias #3tvarias

That's what I don't get. If it's such an act of misconduct to do what Juan does, why is Nurmi doing it?

IMO Nurmi was hoping JM would object on the grounds that Nurmi was shouting, waving his arms, and unjustly accusing experts of unethical behavior, which would bolster Nurmi's mistrial motion.

Theoretically, afaik, yes because it's Nurmi that's death qualified. If roles were reversed, we'd be on a hiatus. However, it could be seen as a disadvantage to the defense and we all know death is different. I'd lean towards JSS allowing Willmott time and keeping court dark.

Just my guess.

They are both death qualified--one as lead counsel, one as co-counsel. IMO the trial could go on for a short time with only one of them (either one) there without an appellate problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895