Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, this trial is what it is. It's good for discussion as to what is happening in the courtroom right now, as to the sparring. The fact remains, she killed him, premeditated, drove thousands of miles to do it, and is a liar. Nothing out of her mouth can be taken for anything even remotely resembling a truth. This is a chess game for her. And shes wants to win it, whatever her version of winning is. I do believe most of us know what went down, and there are no excuses, no reasonings, no mental or non mental issues that gives her an excuse. Fact remains, she killed him, and in a very violent way. I do not care what excuse they try to come up with that made her do it. She did it. In cold premeditated blood. That is all that matters to me. Yes, she should get death, if she does or not, none of us know until its over. But we do know, that is what she deserves.

BBM. Excellent post and keep posting!:clap::clap::clap::goodpost:

When she gets up for her allocation and starts talking about being a survivor and starts showing the shirt, I would immediately decide on the death penalty. I know it can't be done, but I think the jurors need to know what she has been having people tweet for her--the terrible things about Juan, Flores, DeMarte, etc. I think they should be aware that she, at least at times, has had somewhat of a "cult" following at Estrella. We all know that Jodi will be the most popular female inmate at Perryville once she gets in the general population. I saw where, during the first trial, other inmates were holding up signs saying that Jodi was innocent. She was giving or loaning them barrettes for their hair. She made up different lies about what happened, telling one Estrella inmate that she cut Travis's body into pieces and spread the pieces all over Maricopa County. The other females at Perryville will be trading her all kinds of things in exchange for sex. Someone put on Websleuths that in one journal, she was willing to have a threesome with Travis and some other girl because that's what Travis wanted. She needs to stay in isolation the entire time she is there. She will never let Travis's siblings and friends have closure.

My understanding was that LWOP prisoners at Perryville are separated to solitary for the first few years they're there until they get "adjusted" to their new life.

I absolutely agree. Look, I can't really explain just how exhausting and demoralizing loving someone who is PD can be. Your whole life becomes all about them - and when you know there's a disorder you can take steps to prevent yourself from being abused. When you don't know (as is often the case), you have certain days where you're just so desperate for the crazy to end it almost doesn't matter how.

Same reason I was screaming like a lunatic in my front yard for my ex to just kill me already. Of course I didn't want to die but I was just so sick of him using my fear to manipulate me with. Incidentally, a week later he called to warn me he was about to jump off a bridge. I hung up on him. I'm sorry if people think I'm awful for it but he was only trying to get me to take him back and had already spent a whole summer terrorizing me and stalking me.

In our 10 years together, there were 3 actual suicide attempts among hundreds of threats.

I only wish Travis had dared her to go ahead with her suicide threats and call her bluff! There's no way she would have ever acted upon them. I don't think you are awful, you recognized that he wasn't serious about it, only trying to manipulate you.

Now that the jurors have seen a competent Psych expert, it might be enlightening to compare the juror questions for DeMarte to those that come if F or G take the stand again.

Is Juan bring Dr. Hayes back. I think that is her last name. She was blond and one of his last witnesses in the first phase.

Why do they focus on "no bangs"? JA has had her hair all one length with no bangs for a while now.

Regarding bangs: When she was blonde, she didn't have bangs, but in her picture with the "Travis Alexander's" t-shirt, she has blonde bangs. Every time I see that pic that was supposedly taken prior to his murder/her being a brunette, I always wonder if it was taken after and she had blonde clip-in bangs ... things that make you go hmmmm.

The most frustrating part of this trial is that we don't know when it will end. The Judge obviously keeps the jury informed but we're kept in the dark. Is it normal for a Judge to ignore the media/public and give them no information regarding the trial schedule etc.? So strange.

Something(s) obviously suddenly came up. It's no more our right to know what personal emergency befell Wilmott or juror misconduct than it was to know the details of Flores's son's death.:snooty:

Meant to state this in my earlier post: It's not Florida with it's Sunshine Laws. We don't have the right to transparency of everything in this case.

The witness responds to the questions. Then both sides get a chance to follow up with the witness on any or all of the questions.

Sure, she can still testify in the rebuttal case, and/or "allocute" at the end.

I posted the opinion a while back. It's a death penalty case. There's some prosecutorial misconduct referenced, but if that's what Nurmi was citing the case for I don't get it. Also, wasn't there a decision that oral argument on the mistrial motion would be Feb. 17? Or not at all? But not today?

Never mind. It's ridiculous to try to guess what's happening in this twitter-trial.

I don't think you have to be licensed in the state to give an expert opinion on a forensic evaluation.

Sorry if this has been fully answered but iirc, the explanation was that experts can give an opinion, but to give a diagnosis they must be licensed within the state.

I think *most* DP qualified jurors would only consider remorse, intellectual issues (i.e. substantially low IQ), severe mental illness (i.e. severe schizophrenia) or children of defendent (i.e. DP harms innocent children of defendent). The only one in CMJAs case possible is remorse, which we all know is unlikely to be believable coming from CMJA.

This statement of course only applies to jurors that are actually DP qualified, not stealth jurors, and is imho only.

What size must one's ego be to eschew remorse at the cost of her own life?

BK, on her last radio show here, seemed to think there is a method for something like a parole hearing....

Just observing where this is likely going.....and, JM, it's coming right at you. Not so subtle hints are being scattered around....

Alexander sisters come out of Sherrys super secret chamber looking sad. Sherry questioning jurors one by one....dang, hope Juan didn't make another mistake. Seems he's the only one held accountable in that "court of law according to Sherry"...:facepalm:

BBM ~ Who reported they looked sad? I must've missed that one.

BBM ~ Didn't her brother write an affidavit about abuse in the Arias household?

IMO, JA was not abused as a child. She rebelled in her teens by smoking weed and hanging out with "bad boys". Anyways, "abuse" is such a loose term.
BBM. Nurmi tried to question DeMarte on that claim today to discredit Jodi's cousin Aimee(Sp?). The affidavit probably wasn't allowed in because it wasn't true.

I absolutely agree. Look, I can't really explain just how exhausting and demoralizing loving someone who is PD can be. Your whole life becomes all about them - and when you know there's a disorder you can take steps to prevent yourself from being abused. When you don't know (as is often the case), you have certain days where you're just so desperate for the crazy to end it almost doesn't matter how.

Same reason I was screaming like a lunatic in my front yard for my ex to just kill me already. Of course I didn't want to die but I was just so sick of him using my fear to manipulate me with. Incidentally, a week later he called to warn me he was about to jump off a bridge. I hung up on him. I'm sorry if people think I'm awful for it but he was only trying to get me to take him back and had already spent a whole summer terrorizing me and stalking me.

In our 10 years together, there were 3 actual suicide attempts among hundreds of threats.

It is a true credit to you, and what incredible courage it must have taken to finally break free. It is precisely for people such as yourself, that people like JA must not be allowed to excuse away what they knowingly and manipulatively do to terrorize and demoralize others. You have my deepest respect, and thanks for sharing such a private triumph in order to bring awareness to others.

This question upsets me to MeeBee
Q: in convo TA says JA can have his pwords. Is it still intrusive if someone logs on? #jodiarias

NO way did they "exchange" passwords. Just because SHE says they did??? Common sense should tell the whole jury this is BS....SMH
She HACKED into his accounts!!

The only version of reality that matters for a time is what the jurors believe happened.

The more I think about it, the more understandable that question becomes. Maybe the juror is simply trying to determine just how intrusive JA was, and how DM defined intrusive.

Going into his house uninvited is clear cut. But there is a difference (theoretically, anyway) between accessing someone else's computer after being given passwords and doing so without.

I agree, It's difficult to explain how exhausting it is loving someone who is PD. I don't think you're horrible for hanging up on yet another suicide threat. I remember the last time my BPD mom attempted suicide (which she tries, unsuccessfully in the same way each time) I was waiting to hear from the police and/or the hospital and I couldn't decide if it was better that she was fine or successful this time. My mom doesn't threaten suicide to me anymore because she knows it will always end with her being carted off alone to the ER...she does however still "attempt" it on rare occasions.

Can someone please explain the juror question about: can a body's reaction to certain stimuli trigger suppressed memories/feelings (or words to that effect)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela