Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it show there were MASSIVE deletions on the 3rd of June???

Didn't the LD email mention something about what happened when it was powered up after Travis had already died?

I know Juan is going to bring up the correct time it was turned on when the defense team was reviewing it. It seems Juan is more interested in the time the first DT had access to the computer.

If it showed massive deletions that soon before Travis died then the Det. today would have found those don't you think?

Didn't the LD email mention something about what happened when it was powered up after Travis had already died?

I know Juan is going to bring up the correct time it was turned on when the defense team was reviewing it. It seems Juan is more interested in the time the first DT had access to the computer.

If it showed massive deletions that soon before Travis died then the Det. today would have found those don't you think?

I think this is part of a WS string discussing JM's interest in LD's testimony re the heliophone, not the hard drive.

Oh, I meant massive deletions on the Helio phone that was lost 2 years.

I just visited her facebook page. I think we can all agree that she and cane-lady may have some personal issues that draws them to this trial, but looking at the photograph that MK was so miffed about, I think that is the cause of this nonsense. A retaliation for exposing MK and Beth Karas speaking with MDLR at the foot of the courthouse steps. Yes, members of the very press that "prevented Ms. Arias from receiving a fair trial', and yes, members of the very press that beat the DT in the Supreme Court.

Do you know where the picture of MDLR, MK and BK can be viewed? Thanks

I think this is part of a WS string discussing JM's interest in LD's testimony re the heliophone, not the hard drive.

DOUBLE POST!! SORRY.:facepalm:

I thought Arias wasn't going to testify further?

She said she wouldn't but she still has
1) Juror questions (which should open the door for JM to cross her on those IIRC)
2) Allocution (sic?) where she will spew her (actual) mitigation factors which might include one sentence of how she wished his family and friends weren't feeling bad because she murdered Travis.

MOO

I read on one of the FB pages that the *advertiser censored* comment can't come out because her twitter is set to private. And also some over there are saying the three people whoever they are should be ousted so we can get on with the trial. They seem not to care about free speech I guess. I mean if something was said IN court I could understand, but on the street? I mean it's not SMART to say whatever comes to your mind but you still should have that right in this country.

Her cougar one or the new one? Anyway nothing is private on the internet and if she accepted followers and they didn't like what she said, tough! It's not like they got her password and went into her account.... unlike some people.

Do you know where the picture of MDLR, MK and BK can be viewed? Thanks

on the fb page of Mikal Ann Dillon (mods please delete if not ok but her name was tweeted during trial)

Been to BKs site: hearing now being held right now about taunting of MDLR.
Pseudonym cannot testify until 18th. Fonseca not available until 20th, a Friday.
She will testify or lie for two days.
Geffner cannot testify unto 25th and 26th, two more days. Judge unhappy. Then they had a sidebar. Then this hearing for MLR.
Beth never mentions that JSS is calling witnesses to verify schedules.
While JM and KN were arguing over Dworkin, judge got him on phone to verify what he would be testifying to. Dworkin will be there at 10 AM tomorrow to further discuss motion to preclude. Then state is resting.
i am so disappointed State didn't bring out more during this phase. :(

BBM

I'm not, Curious. Its time to let it go. There is no need to call a witness for just one or two little points. Juan brought out many more things in this trial than was ever known to the other jury in the last sentencing phase. There is no need to call anyone else. I have full faith in his abilities. He knows when he has gathered enough information/evidence to use it all in his closing.

Where Juan shines like the brightest star in the universe is when he is up and in closing arugments. He has much more evidence/events to work with this time and he will get even more from the defense witnesses that are going to testify again.

She may not get the death penalty for I am convinced justice is one sided anyway when the defendant is a female but it will not be because of anything Juan has done or left out. He will cover all bases.

IMO

What were those mitigating factors that JA was supposed to prove during this retrial? (other than age at the time, no previous criminal history)

Oh, I meant massive deletions on the Helio phone that was lost 2 years.

Oh, thanks Shady.

Now wouldn't that be something if he located massive deletions of nudie photos on that phone?

Were they ever able to put her broken hard drive back together and access all of the data in it?

I really don't think JA was remotely accessing TA's computer. She is not a professional hacker. Nor was that a real situation back in 2008 as much as it might be today.

It appears that JA had access to his passwords. On sites that are hosted on the internet, not actually on his computer. Anyone can access other people's social media and email if they have the passwords. No remote access to the computer required. We have no idea if TA just used the same password for everything assuming that no one was going to be doing anything negative to him. Apparently the Hughes had his password for email. Don't know why but apparently they did. Perhaps because he was just that passive about stuff like that. Trusted everyone and couldn't see what people could or would do with that info. He had nothing to hide. JA was a whole new level of intrusion that he never really understood I don't think.

MOO

ETA: I bet his password was Napoleon or Naps :(

Google is our friend... the instructions on how to use remote access really aren't that difficult, this is just one example from Feb 1, 2008. There's at least one youtube video from July 2007. Plus JA has said at least a few times how much MM disliked TA(she stated in her journals that she had called him at least 3 times between Sept and Dec/2007), I wouldn't be surprised if he was willing to assist her in planting *advertiser censored* if nothing else, if only to get JA off his back for awhile.

http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1151315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbrZqoXpY

;)
BBM

I'm not, Curious. Its time to let it go. There is no need to call a witness for just one or two little points. Juan brought out many more things in this trial than was ever known to the other jury in the last sentencing phase. There is no need to call anyone else. I have full faith in his abilities. He knows when he has gathered enough information/evidence to use it all in his closing.

Where Juan shines like the brightest star in the universe is when he is up and in closing arugments. He has much more evidence/events to work with this time and he will get even more from the defense witnesses that are going to testify again.

She may not get the death penalty for I am convinced justice is one sided anyway when the defendant is a female but it will not be because of anything Juan has done or left out. He will cover all bases.

IMO

I disagree. Juan's strongest when he is questioning a witness. I felt his closing during the guilt phase could have been stronger. On the other hand, I did like it when Nurmi said he disliked Jodi 9 days out of 10. Of course he won't do that again. I will let it go when trial ends. As long as she gets sentenced.

;)

I disagree. Juan's strongest when he is questioning a witness. I felt his closing during the guilt phase could have been stronger. On the other hand, I did like it when Nurmi said he disliked Jodi 9 days out of 10. Of course he won't do that again. I will let it go when trial ends. As long as she gets sentenced.

I think he excels in both areas. Most Prosecutors aren't that good at cross examining witnesses since a lot of times the defense wont even put on a CIC or if they do, its minimal. But Juan is fantastic during cross.

I have gone back and listened to Juan's closing during the first trial several times and I found it very well done and completely laid out, step by step.

But he did get in a lot more evidence in this time that didn't come in last time.

JMO though.............

She said she wouldn't but she still has
1) Juror questions (which should open the door for JM to cross her on those IIRC)
2) Allocution (sic?) where she will spew her (actual) mitigation factors which might include one sentence of how she wished his family and friends weren't feeling bad because she murdered Travis.

MOO

So she will answer juror questions? I am so confused. I thought she wouldn't?

on the fb page of Mikal Ann Dillon (mods please delete if not ok but her name was tweeted during trial)

OHHHH, that is the first time I saw those pictures...makes me really wonder now. Thank you very much.

I think he excels in both areas. Most Prosecutors aren't that good at cross examining witnesses since a lot of times the defense wont even put on a CIC or if they do, its minimal. But Juan is fantastic during cross.

I have gone back and listened to Juan's closing during the first trial several times and I found it very well done and completely laid out, step by step.

But he did get in a lot more evidence in this time that didn't come in last time.

JMO though.............

I thought his closing was fantastic, especially the first part.

So she will answer juror questions? I am so confused. I thought she wouldn't?

I think she already has. I remember Nurmi objecting one day to some of her answers. I don't know if the jury has gotten them yet, though. Perhaps the judge had her write them down or answer them in chambers with a court reporter. Maybe they'll send the answers back with the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member