Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....people being thrown under the bus left and right! Whatever....

That may very well have happened, but I can't help hearing a little voice that says maybe, just maybe, it was a deliberate setup to have JA's minions taunt MDLR specifically to cause court problems or even a mistrial. I don't think there WOULD be a mistrial because of it, but there's a hearing, isn't there?

I can hear the DT now: MDLR is an integral part of our team. She is so disheartened, distracted and in fear for her life that she is unable to fully be a part of the team. We demand a mistrial or, at the very least, a closed courtroom!

What's a "girl" to do, her contract is up in 17 days....

That may very well have happened, but I can't help hearing a little voice that says maybe, just maybe, it was a deliberate setup to have JA's minions taunt MDLR specifically to cause court problems or even a mistrial. I don't think there WOULD be a mistrial because of it, but there's a hearing, isn't there?

I can hear the DT now: MDLR is an integral part of our team. She is so disheartened, distracted and in fear for her life that she is unable to fully be a part of the team. We demand a mistrial or, at the very least, a closed courtroom!

They are just going to add it to a long list of things that are Juan's fault somehow in their many, many reasons to find him guilty of misconduct.

Where did that come from that he "chased them down" ? I mean, I read the FB post by Paul Sanders and didn't get that connotation at all. Perhaps that was just a figure of speech ? But then maybe I'm just a little confused, hey, it wouldn't be the first time. :)

I just read it. He admits he saw them, and broke into a run and stopped them. So yes, I'd say he chased them down. Unreal.

Hope, I really do pray you are right about this. I didn't see the trial. Only read the tweets. The jury is a collective group of rational people. The crime was horrific. But the defense has battered them with horror stories of Travis. The defense got away with it. JSS did her part in assisting the defense in some strange ways. Juan seems tired. We will see. I know he has other cases to fight for. I think the jury needs to know who Travis was and how much he was loved. I disagree with someone who said Deanna brought that in. she was trashed too. The jury will remember all those things the defense said and no one has countered it in detail. IMO. If she gets life, this will be why.

I feel, and obviously I could be wrong, that because of all the delays the jury will deliberate two days tops and settle for life to get out of there. I don't see a hung jury. There's gonna be someone/s with "so female, so young even though Ted Bundy's first kill was at the same age, so mentally I'll!

I hope I'm wrong but I got the GZ and CA verdicts right.

I have a lovely bottle of Pinio waiting. I wonder if I'll need it? Nurmi please dont drag this out!!!

I'm super late but wondering is it Grigio or Noir? And did you leave a glass (or two...or three) for me?

Wait...I thought the majority here feel Paul Sanders isn't worth reading. Embellishment, mainly. Inaccurate, also! So.....why is it immediately believed that he chased down JM and Dr. D? :thinking:

Ok that makes sense since Jodi hired DB herself not the taxpayers.

Still though.

Question....the court appointed an investigator for the defense...but when the felon was representing herself, she hired her own PI, Dorian Bond. So WHO paid Dorian Bond? I would think only one investigator would be needed paid for by the state.

Question....the court appointed an investigator for the defense...but when the felon was representing herself, she hired her own PI, Dorian Bond. So WHO paid Dorian Bond? I would think only one investigator would be needed paid for by the state.

BBM - Have you not seen the pr system JA has? She has enough sites and money making schemes on the go to fill that kerosene can...

As for how many PIs she needs, you can bet the DT's tin foil hats were sparking at the thought that the big bad State might be able to somehow access any info from "their" PI, ergo best to hire outside for all that stuff you might not want "notes" left lying about to be discovered and used against them.

I just read it. He admits he saw them, and broke into a run and stopped them. So yes, I'd say he chased them down. Unreal.

Thanks, Nash. I just now reviewed it. Paul admitted he was enthralled to see them and especially to actually meet them. Apparently, he's not stalking them or anything, as he seems quite forthcoming in his explanation and dialogue. Hey, they are like rock stars to him, as to many of us here. Not unusual, I personally just don't see any problem with that. But that's just me.... JMO :wave:

Yes there is a defense team investigator appointed by the state. Jodi hired herself a private I. with her art money.

He chased them down???

Yes. He wrote that he ran after them, had a hard time catching his breath, to shake hands with Dr. D. He sure did. I really respect him and his writings but this had me shaking my head. Let me go look for it. I am 1000000%% positive he ran after them and said Juan was surprised and Dr. D was startled at first. Then, he introduced himself as a former juror in the previous trial. It upset me. Travis and his family needs justice, not a circus surrounding the courthouse. JMO

Long before modern dictation machines secretaries have been taking down nearly verbatim minutes of meetings and lengthy letters for their boss. He likely writes in his own version of short hand like many doctors I know, and only he can decipher it. Then later at home he adds his own flavor and style in between the direct quotes to make a wonderful blog. Just because Nurmi cannot do it, does not mean Paul cannot. The judge again told Mr. Nurmi his unsubstantiated claims are NOT enough for her to expel someone from the courtroom. They just aren't. View attachment 69183

Someone on Twitter asked Paul if he could write shorthand and he said no but good luck reading his writing (or something).

So, tomorrow the State rests...and that's it till next week? Or longer? If I were the DT, I'd just cut my losses and rest as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the jury has had enough. I know I have.

I agree with you! IMO this extends to online activities like posting negative Amazon.com reviews, MoveOn.org campaigns, etc. To me, even gifting custom blue M&M candies is probably not right. IMO MOO no hard feelings I hope. I understand the motivation, but it's a boundary issue.

Posting here doesn't count. If the DT wants to read these posts, it's up to them to come here seeking them.

You are so right. I don't mind donating to the family and all that, but to insert yourself into the middle of a murder trial is not right. The family has been through enough. I don't know them, but want them to have closure. Following this since day 1, I know they deserve this!

Technically, if it's true as has been posted, that he uses a smart pen, then he is recording -- his own handwriting that is -- for importation/transmission to another electronic device.

But if that's all he's using then he's not likely recording anything else and would therefore not be in violation of JSKS' order to preserve her media/recording brownout.

What's a smart pen? Even my children don't know.

Wait...I thought the majority here feel Paul Sanders isn't worth reading. Embellishment, mainly. Inaccurate, also! So.....why is it immediately believed that he chased down JM and Dr. D? :thinking:

I actually enjoy reading Paul Sanders writings. He summarizes what we don't get from the ridiculous, chopped up "tweets" in a more readable and understandable fashion, for one. And regarding his embellishments coming from his own perspective, with a little creativity thrown in, that's ok too, I actually appreciate it. It really brings it to life. I think, as a writer, he can't help it, that's just what he does. So I just read away, use my own analytical skills, take what I want and leave the rest. And, it's enjoyable reading, much better than "tweets", LOL. It's all good :)

Where did that come from that he "chased them down" ? I mean, I read the FB post by Paul Sanders and didn't get that connotation at all. Perhaps that was just a figure of speech ? But then maybe I'm just a little confused, hey, it wouldn't be the first time. :)

From his FB post. Snipped. (mods, feel free to delete. Am I allowed to post this?)

There is a long walkway between the South Tower, Superior Court where I was a juror for the Marissa DeVault trial, and the Central Tower, Superior Court for the retrial of Jodi Arias. I was looking into space in front of me when I saw two people walking a block ahead. It took me moments to realize I was seeing the walk of Juan Martinez which I distinctly remembered from the courtroom. The person next to him was walking briskly in her high heels.

I hardly thought about it as I broke into a run. I saw the opportunity to exercise a freedom that a juror never gets to do. I could actually meet a witness without getting dismissed. In those seconds as I ran toward them, a hundred thoughts went through my mind. I felt as if I were chasing after an old friend. In a sense, she was as I had sat five feet from her while I was in the jury box and had been in the rare position of seeing her in both the first phase and the third phase of the Marissa DeVault trial.
Dr. Janeen DeMarte was the most impactful witness of all the witness at the 2014 trial of the murder of Dale Harrell. It was the Doctor’s testimony that stood in the deliberation room while the defense psychologist’s testimony of Karp, King and Conti were laid to ruin. We gave little concern to how long she had been licensed as a psychologist. We only remembered her impact. The only thing we thought negative was that she may have gotten somewhat defensive when Alan Tavasoli cross examined her.

I slowed down only feet behind Juan Martinez and Dr. DeMarte. I did not want to startle them in any way. Besides, I was out of breath and I did not want to interrupt them only to be gasping for air. I moved ahead of Dr. De Marte and turned around, extending my hand. Juan looked at me funny for a moment.

JSS's image was seriously tarnished long ago I'm afraid. I do not know how to research lengths of trials but I remember reading that the Manson trial was considered super long and it lasted 9 months I think.

Not 100% sure but I think Manson trial was seven months long. And that jury was sequestered!

They all got Death sentences, which were soon commuted to Life With Possibility of Parole. At least the Parole Board has always had the presence of mind to deny them all every time they came up for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1