Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you own nothing and have all this debt to people you bought things from? Don't believe it. No doubt they're hiding money. Have they been reading up on the Anthonys? ;)

MOO

That was my first thought..how do they have $3000+ on JCP, and $3000+ at kohls, (there is other CC debt (ie, Sears, walmart, but these 2 jumped out) and their household contents are only worth $1500?

They must have huge medical bills since he was self employed and has been ill. Now on SS but still not much money. So it's not just the trial that is hitting them hard. jmo

:seeya: True about the medical bills ...

But :) JA's mother sits in court everyday supporting her daughter and all her "lies", maybe should be supporting her ill husband and not her daughter ... MOO !

During the first trial, JA's mother and her sister sat their laughing and mocking the court, JA's recent "allegations" about her parents' "drug use" ... etc ...

Then the Arias' made that "beg-a-thon" video ...

It's just hard to have any sympathy for them while they continuously support JA's lies and actions ...

:moo:

I am so over this whole farce. Don't know if I can hang on until the end...it just gets more and more ridiculous every day. I wonder what those poor jurors think of the defense's antics?

Let's just hope they believe the defense is performing stupid antics!

I wonder if any of the jurors have any previous juror experience? If so, I can imagine the first thing said in the deliberation room would be, "you all realized we've been played, right?"

:seeya: All this stupid drama against 'the haters' - I wonder if Nurmi, Willmott and MDLR realise they have become clones of their client. They might want to consider some serious deprogramming therapy once they are finally rid of her. IMO

They need some ethics reprogramming after they're deprogrammed. :)

How do you own nothing and have all this debt to people you bought things from? Don't believe it. No doubt they're hiding money. Have they been reading up on the Anthonys? ;)

MOO

Owe $6000 to J C Penney and Kohl but the combined worth of their clothes is $200? I think JA's foreclosure/car repo/debts history indicates wise money-management wasn't an Arias family priority.

The mitigation phase is in the hands of the defense. The roles are reversed from the guilt phase and aggravating phase.

In this phase, the defense has to prove the mitigating factors by a preponderance of the evidence. In closings, the Defense will go first and last.

AZL will tell me if I'm wrong!

That was my first thought..how do they have $3000+ on JCP, and $3000+ at kohls, (there is other CC debt (ie, Sears, walmart, but these 2 jumped out) and their household contents are only worth $1500?

I think the two bills, Kohls and JCP would be for cloths/shoes for themselves and for JA.

How do you owe Khols thousands but only own a few hundred worth of furniture? It's a furniture store isn't it?

No, Kohl's is much like Pennys and Sears. Clothes for men, women and children, drapes, sheets, dishes, jewelry and a small amount of toys...very small, cards, and wrapping paper. If there is furniture it is an odd chair or lamp, but none of our stores in southern Kansas have furniture.

If they only have a few hundred dollars in clothes themselves, who bought all the rest of it? Did it go to the felon or did she buy all this stuff before being arrested?

*Breaking News*

Defense Team holds Jury Hostage in Convicted Murderer Jodi Ann Arias penalty phase of Trial.

Good Morning Y'all!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?270799-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-34&p=11484600#post11484600

AZlawyer at end of last thread: "Juan is not doing rebuttal right now. He is presenting the State's case on mitigation issues. Next up is the defense rebuttal case. JSS has no authority to deny that option. If there is any surrebuttal in this phase it will be Juan asking for it, not the defense. It's confusing because Juan presented some evidence before this phase really got started, to get the jury caught up on the premeditation and cruelty issues."

* Would someone kindly tell me how to prevent something I've copied from showing up here "colored"? TIA

Here's what threw me off on that one. Maybe it got lost in trial by tweet or maybe I'm in a fog.... I thought during one of the arguments over precluding DeMarte that the defense said something like "Ok fine well fine then, if you're going to ignore (fill in whatever stupid excuse they cited), then you're going to have to let us call F & Geff again."

Have I completely lost my mind, or does anyone else recall something like that? That's what made me think it was something that required extra "approval" from JSS, so I took it to mean they were getting a "freebie" round of questioning they weren't entitled to normally.

6) TA's abuse led to extreme emotional distress at time of incident

This one has struck me from the time I first saw it. It's the most peculiar mitigator I've ever seen.

First, it insults by calling an especially cruel first degree premeditated murder an "incident."

Second, it says outright that Travis the victim was responsible for causing his murderer "distress."

Third, it implies - and not very subtly- that the distress Travis caused her was a factor at the time of the "incident." Suggesting that she snapped, not premeditated a slaughter.

I'm very interested in how Nurmi frames this mitigator in closing, if he does at all. Seems more a piece of the DT's stealth case that Travis deserved to die.

I wonder if any of the jurors have any previous juror experience? If so, I can imagine the first thing said in the deliberation room would be, "you all realized we've been played, right?"

I've been on several juries (none for death penalty cases) but have never in my life seen anything like this farce. It's like they have forgotten that they are dealing with sentencing a convicted murderer-the defense has done nothing but try to ruin Travis reputation all over again-nothing about their precious vulgar client and her evilness.

How do you owe Khols thousands but only own a few hundred worth of furniture? It's a furniture store isn't it?

It's like a Penny's store, not really anything furniture in the store, but it has all the high end type of housewares, clothes, shoes....I love the Khol bucks!!
I found it really strange, they owe thousands to these type of stores, but just a few hundred to Walmart..guess that is where they buy food.

Here's JA's latest Twitter from yesterday:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 15h 15 hours ago

To insult De La Rosa's heritage is to insult Martinez's.
Both R Mexican-born US citizens.
Racist bigots can't have it both ways. #JodiArias

-----But it's okay for JA's "supporters" to call Juan names ... double standard, IMO.

They must have huge medical bills since he was self employed and has been ill. Now on SS but still not much money. So it's not just the trial that is hitting them hard. jmo
Right and I don't mean to sound catty but I can't quite figure out how someone has $6000 worth of debt just to department stores yet total clothing and household possessions amass to less than $2K total?

How it works?? The truth doesn't require an instruction manual. You're asked a question, you answer PERIOD!

Isn't quite that simple. Attorney -client privilege attaches. Which is why JM offered the questions ahead of time.

Right and I don't mean to sound catty but I can't quite figure out how someone has $6000 worth of debt just to department stores yet total clothing and household possessions amass to less than $2K total?

Clothes and possessions aren't necessarily worth the price paid. Purchase price and value aren't the same.

Here's what threw me off on that one. Maybe it got lost in trial by tweet or maybe I'm in a fog.... I thought during one of the arguments over precluding DeMarte that the defense said something like "Ok fine well fine then, if you're going to ignore (fill in whatever stupid excuse they cited), then you're going to have to let us call F & Geff again."

Have I completely lost my mind, or does anyone else recall something like that? That's what made me think it was something that required extra "approval" from JSS, so I took it to mean they were getting a "freebie" round of questioning they weren't entitled to normally.

Dr. DeMarte demolished the DT/Geffner PTSD claim. If Nurmi doesn't recall Geffner to defend his PTSD test-giving shenanigans, the jury will have no reason to disbelieve DrD regarding that test or anything else Geffner/Fonseca had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo