Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what the cutting edge issues/treatments were in the field of psychology when Geff was in school. I bet those ideas are laughed at today.

Well, there were certainly many different instruments, some of which were excellent and still in use. The problem is Geff has a half-baked degree (or several) and he's unethical.

jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
Sandy's family went down to Purple Plum to talk to them about it #jodiarias #3tvarias

Didn't want rumors drying up local donations to the Family Fund :twocents::twocents:

While we are :waiting: ... more photos:

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 2m2 minutes ago

#JodiArias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott takes center stage Wed in the #JodiArias sent phase retrial.
Deja Vu.

B-KN09FCMAAgApM.jpg

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

Dr. Robert Geffner is questioned by #JodiArias defense attorney Jennifer Willmott during sent phase retrial Wed, 2-18
B-KNfRBCYAEhXMV.jpg

So Geff interviewed JA"s family who interviewed the staff at PP? errr not understanding how this works
I don't think any defense interviewed anyone. I think they were reading DeMarte's notes of her interviews. I think.

More than any other day of the retrial, my reaction to today's testimony is the same as my reaction to Jodi's original testimony in the guilt phase trial - nothing is ringing true to my ear, nothing speaks to common sense, and nothing is making the defendant look better to me.

Anyone here have factual information about this? I've tried finding answers but it seems to come down to personal preference rather than these dreaded "ethical violations." Anybody here know for sure?????
ETA: When I was a supervising professor for student teachers, those students were called "preservice" teachers because they had not GRADUATED from the ed program yet. Any resumes or questions about their experience were answered, properly, that they had X number of years as a preservice teacher prior to graduation. While most successful graduates immediately applied for and received their teaching licenses, some waited until they took additional summer courses for more experience, traveled and worked with other teachers throughout the state and far beyond, again to get more experience and ultimately decide if they wanted to pursue a more specific licensure (like special education, ESL, behavioral programs etc.). At that time, PRE LICENSURE, they would often say in response to how much experience they had, the number and amount of experience they had which could include time full time volunteering, and in some cases working in school settings where licensure wasn't required to teach such as some private educational settings, tutoring, teaching out of the country........etc.

After receiving their Bacherlors degrees, a lot of teachers would work toward their masters or specialized programs prior to applying for licensure. Many of those taught with me and other faculty, as teaching assistants at the college, and many would teach in area schools as full time assistants to specific teachers in order to gain more expertise, experience, or merely to get a broader range of experience that comes from teaching with so may different teaching styles and in a broad range of school settings from rural to inner school.

I would consider those as having had a TON of experience prior to being a licensed teacher and it was NOT unethical to say that prior to graduation they had X number of terms as a preservice teacher and post graduation they had X number of years experience. They had graduated the education program, some with masters degrees, so they were teachers in the sense they successfully completed and graduated from the education program, and through our department they had been recommended for licensure. However, they hadn't applied for licensure. Had they answered they had X number of years as a licensed teachers, that would absolutely be wrong. But answering X number of years pre-graduation and post graduation would be answering ethically and honestly.

Am I just floundering in the weeds wondering the differences here, or is there truly an ethical guideline that Geffner is citing, or is it more like Dr. Hayes cleared up during surrebuttal that SOME psychologists would cite their pre-licensure experience and some wouldn't. More as a personal preference. PLEASE.......any body really know, or know someone credible to ask....or where to find the info??
TIA

The rules in the psychology field are different. Psychologists do have practices before they are fully licensed; they do this under supervision. What Demarte says is the plain truth.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

JSS is being very patient today with testimony. #jodiarias

:seeya: Kinsey, JSS is ALWAYS patient when it's the defense's turn !

If the experts cancel each other out then we're back to 1st degree pre-meditated, extremely cruel murder. All I need to see is the autopsy and crime scene photos. There hasn't been a shred of mitigation presented to cancel out those images. Have faith friends!! Theses folks have been held captive for months. They are losing income and sanity each day they are forced to listen to the battling pseudo Doctors. I bet a few are pretty angry at this point and UMO their anger will not be targeted at the state who is fighting for the common good here.

You just said what I've had no energy to type out. I hope the jurors have a quick deliberation and come back with a death sentence. Sorry for being crass but she deserves the electric chair or death by hanging.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

I can't get back on my computer.
Hard to tweet from phone. Ugh. #JodiArias

I would LOVE for Juan Martinez to play the video of Bill and Sandy begging for money for their wrongly convicted daughter- ON THE INTERNET... FOR THE WORLD TO SEE... but they won't get up, in a court of law to try to save their "beloved" daughter... who people are "spreading rumors" about... and who the state is trying to KILL! Wow! How do you spin that one?
SMH

Tweets:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

Willmott asks Geffner about family interviews detailing physical discipline from parents, in contradiction to statements by DeMarte.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 57s58 seconds ago

Geff discussing Sky Hughes as she sits in courtroom. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
DeMarte didn't deal with contradictions and testing and didn't review the big picture because she was biased - Geffner #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Geffner says there was a pattern that DeMarte only believed what Jodi said when it fit with what she needed #jodiarias #3tvarias

jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
Sandy's family went down to Purple Plum to talk to them about it #jodiarias #3tvarias

To insist they believe the Ninja story? (That was the story de jour then)

Well they had to save her precious reputation ~~ still remember that letter she wrote to PPL convention where she proclaimed her innocence &requested they not talk about her

how many times does Dr G have to say Dr D is BIASED? He is SO hurt over her saying he did the test wrong, he must feel like JODI!!!! Maybe that's why he believes her because he is just like her?

I would LOVE for Juan Martinez to play the video of Bill and Sandy begging for money for their wrongly convicted daughter- ON THE INTERNET... FOR THE WORLD TO SEE... but they won't get up, in a court of law to try to save their "beloved" daughter... who people are "spreading rumors" about?!!
SMH

Right?
This family is all nuts. It does not excuse the murder at all, But I can not imagine me being in such horrible trouble and my parents not being willing to stand up and say at least, PLEASE DON"T KILL HER.

how many times does Dr G have to say Dr D is BIASED? He is SO hurt over her saying he did the test wrong, he must feel like JODI!!!! Maybe that's why he believes her because he is just like her?

HE is a nut. She is not biased. She is the most professional expert they have had.. Well maybe her and Deanna.

Wah Wah Wah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member