Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have NO respect for Wilmott, Nurmi, JSS, or the so-called defense psychologists during this trial. Yeah, Jodi wouldn't hurt a fly. Anybody who says that Jodi has no anger problems deserves to be placed into a mental institution because they have serious mental issues. I can't believe how Fonseca and Geffner have lied so much about Jodi. Then Geffner has the audacity to laugh about it. The entire defense team makes me sick!

Its one thing to put on an honest defense and maybe even exagerrate a little as to JA perceptions of how she may have felt wronged, but it is quite another to take the approach they have where they continually personally trash Travis and the Prosecution attorneys and their witnesses.

And the amazing thing is they have shown ZERO corroborating evidence to support anything they claim. Especially about Travis. The absolute worse thing we have seen this entire trial is Travis broke up with her and had a few exchanges with her during the breakup.
Isnt that what millions of other couples do when they breakup. Exchange a few harsh words and move on with their lives.

On the other hand, we have tons of evidence of the devious things Jodi did to Travis. Slashing tires, confronting his ex-girlfriends, spying on him, sabataging his emails and forging emails to others. The list goes on.

So this defense strategy is the most appalling thing I have ever seen. Its not even close to being believable. The entire DT is out in left field. I hope the Jury sees this.

Maybe in closing Juan can remind the jury how the defense flatly lied on things like when they tried to claim Travis sent an email to a child of a man. We then find out it was just a mass business email that somehow went to them. Those tactics like that are just appalling and not even close to being convincing. Yeah, left field.

From the link

I have sat in the presence of Dr. DeMarte and I can comfortably say that despite what evidence was revisited, there is very little that will change their minds on how they feel about Dr. DeMarte. She has been the only person to explain why Arias committed such a vicious and cold-hearted, evil crime. She painted a picture of a woman who, by having a vacant hole in her soul, had learned to take the personality of the mate she was with. Within that disorder, something made her seething mad. In that anger, that has been vehemently denied by her defense team, she premeditatedly killed and did it in a vicious manner.

Dr Demarte testified with such sincerity and knowledge. She didn't make fun of or talk rudely of Geffner when she claimed he made mistakes and mistake that any Psychologist would be able to spot. Then we have Wilmott attempting to cross with a bratty attitude that wasn't going anywhere while Dr D remained curtious and respectful. You could just feel Wilmotts contempt that her cross was becoming a big fail.
I am going to have faith the jury saw the same.

According to her journal entry dated July 2 2008 page 421 (last journal)- She went to see Othello with Heather last night.

ETA Journal #

Thanks, just found the transcript about the voicemail message she'd left just after she'd murdered him, though I didn't see Heather in that pic.... this could have been just another lie to confuse the evidence:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/15/ijvm.01.html

"(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ARIAS: My phone died so I wasn`t getting back to anybody. I drove 100 miles in the wrong direction, over 100 miles thank you very much, so yes. Remember New Mexico it was a lot like that only you weren`t here to prevent me from going into the three digits. So fun, fun. Tell you all about that later.

Also we were talking about, when we were talking about your upcoming travels my way, I was looking at the May calendar, duh, so I`m all confused. But Heather and I are going to see "Othello" on July 1. And we would love for you to accompany us. I don`t know when Team Freedom`s event is though, but you know it`s on the list. So we could do Shakespeare (inaudible), so if you can make you can make it. If not (inaudible) but let me know and I will talk to you soon. Bye.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Talk soon, bye, no. He`s dead. You know, because you killed him. In fact we find out today that Jodi called Travis`s phone four times after he was dead and one of those calls was made nearly a week after his body had been found. At one point Jodi dials into Travis`s voicemail messages for 16 minutes listening to his voicemail messages.
"

Are her journals only available to read via the BK paid site? TIA

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BK says defense filed a document listing their 4 witnesses
1. Geffner
2. Dr. M-F
3. "John Smith"
4. Dworkin

My goodness! So much palaver going on again. You can take what Jodi said and wrote as gospel truth. Anything Travis mentioned to people he knew is just manipulation! Talk about turning reality on it's head.

I must admit my body quit on me yesterday. About 1 PM (EST), my eyes got tired and all the energy slid out of my body. I turned the volume on my computer up to listen for the dings on the BK site. I laid down on the sofa with my comfy blanket and pillows, a nice, warm cat snuggled up behind my legs and BOOM! I was out like a light until 5 PM. Funny, this phenomena only occurs when the DT is up at bat.

I erred yesterday when I said Alliant U was not accredited. It wasn't during the last trial. However, I just checked and, since then, it has become accredited by the the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. What I don't know is the reputation of this Federally recognized group. WASC accredits everything from elementary through college.

I have NO respect for Wilmott, Nurmi, JSS, or the so-called defense psychologists during this trial. Yeah, Jodi wouldn't hurt a fly. Anybody who says that Jodi has no anger problems deserves to be placed into a mental institution because they have serious mental issues. I can't believe how Fonseca and Geffner have lied so much about Jodi. Then Geffner has the audacity to laugh about it. The entire defense team makes me sick!

No anger issues at all: Kicking dog, hitting brother with baseball bat, kicking mom, kicking a hole in the wall, slashing tires, driving hours to confront another woman, oh yeah and the murder itself. Those are just acts of assertion, not aggression or anger. If only we had 35 years of getting paid a fortune so that we could understand how obvious all of that is.

Bravo, I think that is actually one of Juan's real strong suits (among many) explaining the jury instructions but also aligning the information with facts from the trial. I was so impressed by it again watching closing arguments recently and he has a way to make the info interesting and not boring.

Have a great time on your trip my dear, "see" you when you return.

To the bitter end- all of us here. If you are in with us, until the end- thank this post!

Thank you for reminding me. Juan certainly has a big heart. It does take a special person to fight the fight and not become jaded.Thanks for the well wishes and if it wraps I will be here in spirit. Vaycay is the only time we have an agreement. No communication of any kind. We take one phone set to receive texts in case of Emergency. Looking forward to some warm temps, golf and chillaxin with my dear Mr. Bravo. Oh and some pretty drinks lol
ETA- thanks Frigga your a sweety

No anger issues at all: Kicking dog, hitting brother with baseball bat, kicking mom, kicking a hole in the wall, slashing tires, driving hours to confront another woman, oh yeah and the murder itself. Those are just acts of assertion, not aggression or anger. If only we had 35 years of getting paid a fortune so that we could understand how obvious all of that is.
Exactly. You must look beyond those "incidents" and put them in "context." Its the Bigger Picture phenomenon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

IMO, the jury hasn't been allowed by JSS to hear some important facts about JA's behaviour because she deemed it too prejudicial to the defendant.
If only there was similar protection for Travis Alexander's reputation.

I understand why the DT has lied about Travis being a womanizer, lied about Travis being the perpetrator of domestic violence, lied about Travis being a *advertiser censored* addict, lied about Travis being a pedophile. They lie, IMO, because their client has only two true mitigating factors: her age at the time she butchered Travis, and her lack of a criminal record. They are, IMO, trying to discredit JM and Dr D, because their client planned for a considerable time to kill Travis, photographed her killing of Travis, butchered Travis, tried to cover her tracks, invented stories that extended the investigation of her trial, lied about her "good works" while in jail, attempted to influence witnesses while in jail, was involved sexually with men before and during and after her affair with Travis, behaved inappropriately in many social situations, engaged in breaking and entering, assault, illegally taped phone conversations with Travis, threatened women who were involved with men of whom she was possessive, presumably slashed tires, admitted to having injured small animals, apparently ran up items on her parents credit cards without their permission, lied about being abused by her parents, did not complete her education, and has no one willing to testify that she was a good friend to them in person during the retrial. The DT, IMO, is using the good old razzle dazzle distraction method of defence because their client is not legally insane and has no substantial mitigating factors.

I also understand that the DT may never even have to apologize for their lies. There is a saying that you can't defame the dead.
http://info.legalzoom.com/can-estate-dead-man-sue-slander-26809.html
Robert D. Sack: Sack on Defamation: Libel, Slander & Related Problems (4th Edition) Supplemented: Apr 2014

It is my hope that out of the debacle that this trial has become, a lawyer will see a way to take on the cause of the Alexander family who have been in the court room every day of the proceedings. I hope that a lawyer will be able to demonstrate the surgical cruelties perpetrated on the family by the DT. That the words and actions of the DT have independently reflected upon and defamed all of Travis Alexander's survivors. I hope a lawyer could clearly show how the DT has implied that people around Travis lied about him being a pedophile, or a sexual pervert, or a . How being known as the nephew or niece of a *advertiser censored* addict or a pedophile could impact the life of a child. How being someone who should have seen his (falsely) alleged sexual perversion, yet did not report it to the appropriate authorities could lead to a family member being seen as an enabler or accomplice to a horrendous crime. I'd like to see the money spent of JA's unnecessarily expensive, drawn-out defence reclaimed and redirected to the Alexander family to pay for their pain and suffering, their ongoing medical treatment, their travel costs, and the years of therapy which lie ahead.

Ultimately, this trial should provide the spark for a critical reassessment of legitimacy of Robert Sack's commentary and, perhaps, the installation of a recourse for survivors to rehabilitate a reputation, or a legacy, or a memory after lies have been admitted into a court of law as evidence that a victim had it coming. As always, JMO.

Great post, thank you.

I don't know if I have it in me to follow along today. What little we got via tweets yesterday was a reflection of everything that is wrong with our current judicial process. I know what we have is considered the best in the world, but it still has flaws. Not only has the defense spent years, YEARS defaming Travis Alexander, but they've also had little to no regard for all the other innocents they've suck into this mess. collateral damage is a non issue for them.

One exchange stood out for me from hater day as recounted by PS
“Did you take note that Dr. DeMarte accepts Travis Alexander’s statements as true?” Jennifer Willmott asked at one point.
“Yes, I did.”
“Did you consider the source of these statements?”
“These statements were mostly based on Travis Alexander’s roommates and friends.”
“Isn’t that confirmatory bias?”
“Absolutely,” he answered. “To ignore statements from all sides is misleading. It is not appropriate and not the way a forensic evaluation should be done.”

its ironic to me that their dismissive, condesending and pompous criticism of the prosecutor, it's witnesses, and the defendent mimics their own behavior.

:sigh: my only hope at this point is that the murderess's refusal to get back on the stand makes the jury question her entire "case."

TA was remarkably and cruelly overkilled. Any professional who says that the perp of the crime rates low on a violence scale has to realize that their words will mean nothing. The DT is looking for a Caylee Anthony case fatigue factor perhaps which will cause the jury to vote for lwop in the interest of getting on with their lives.

There is no justice here. There is nothing noble going on here imvho. There is a biased judge and a stone cold killer who is squeezing every moment of infamy and attention she can before it is over. She is going to pop up again and again (likely) because she needs to have attention.

I cant imagine the torture of those who love Travis.

Well that was just dumb luck! I mean she knew he had a gun in the closet (oops, didn't she testify that Travis told her it was unloaded?) and of course what's a "bondage" scene without rope, and of course one would need a big 'ol butcher knife to cut it.

IT'S NOT HER FAULT THAT THE MURDER WEAPONS WERE HANDY WHEN SHE NEEDED THEM!

Don'tcha know? :)

Your right Betty. NOTHING was EVER her fault! It wasn't even her fault that while she was driving to Utah, that she ended up in Arizona. It's because she didn't have her glasses on.

BK says defense filed a document listing their 4 witnesses
1. Geffner
2. Dr. M-F
3. "John Smith"
4. Dworkin

I thought Nurmi told JSS last week that he'd be calling an unnamed "local" this week, when she threatened to call the witnesses and get them here asap?

I just got in . . . did Geffner really say that he knows there was physical abuse in JA and TA relationship because of his years of experience?

You just can not make that leap! There is no evidence of physical abuse whatsoever. No independent witnesses, no police reports, no corroborating evidence at all. Maybe I just misunderstood what he said. Can anyone clear that up?

sixteen thousand pages of study I did that confirms both child abuse existed as well as domestic violence with Travis Alexander.”

What Bob said, from Paul's facebook post.

REALLY?? Bull, and bet Juan never saw the notes, and Bob claims he used whiteout on some of his comments. Why. I hope the jurors see through this liar. imo

According to her journal entry dated July 2 2008 page 421 (last journal)- She went to see Othello with Heather last night.

ETA Journal #

I have always wondered who this "Heather" girl was. And IF she is a REAL PERSON, why she doesn't testify for Jodi... I think she is one of JA's fictional/imaginary friends like Steve Carroll, the guy that knows someone who owns an Art Gallery and was going to hang her artwork right smack in middle of a Picasso and Van Gogh. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela