Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------------

Juan is also having to tiptoe around the DT flagrantly trying to bring in residual doubt. We're not re-deciding the guilt phase here, as much as they'd like to make the jury question the original verdict. That's none of this jury's concern, and part of what makes the re-trial of just the penalty phase so problematic and frustrating. They want to make this jury question how/why she could have been convicted of M1 with the aggravating factor of cruelty. They're bringing in all this extraneous stuff which has nothing do with mitigating circumstances.

The jury instructions will be clear as to what is to be considered and not, and I'm certain that Juan will make things crystal clear to this jury as to what their job entails.

What pissed me off is that Juan can't bring certain truths because they are to prejudicial against JA, and they are proven facts such as fight in jail and smuggling things in and out of her cell, but the defense is allowed to blatantly lie about the victim and Juans witnesses. None of this paints an accurate picture.
Then the defense says lack of remorse is not a mitigating factor. It most certainly should be. I just don't get this.

One more thing that ticked me off is that her family went to the PP to see if they can sway the employees stories to fit her stories. Travis was right about JA turning out to be like her mom. No wonder they couldn't handle her. They helped her become what she is. I could give dad a bit of a pass and maybe the brother who outed her on why she posted the sex tape. Grandpa too, may he rest in peace. He tried to defend her by saying she was at work the day the murder took place, but it seems like he was devastated when he was proved wrong.

Is there a way this photo can be sent to Martinez, along with the date it was taken.
There sure is. I called the prosecutor's office once to inquire about how to provide them with something that may be relevant to their case and I was told to email a guy whose name is (I think) Bill Armstrong. I was told he reads each and every email sent to him pertaining to this case. I know have his name and email addy written down somewhere around here. If I knew the details of the Shakespeare Festival pic I'd happily forward it to him or whomever it is at the Prosecutor's office for their review.

All I know about the pic is it was taken after the stage production of Othello at The Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon, on Sunday June 15, 2008 (just 11 days after Travis was slaughtered). Jodi is shown smiling for the camera with the lead actor. I think this was originally posted by her on her MySpace page, but I don't know if it's still there or if that's even enough for someone to look into it.

But imo the pic doesn't show someone with PTSD. The pic also doesn't show someone with an elevated level of anti-social behavior, as Dr. Geff would have you believe Jodi suffered from after the "bad thing" she did. To me the pic illustrates someone with a sense of self-worth and a certain amount of assertiveness to seek out the lead actor after a play to have her pic taken with him. Of course that just might be my bias showing.

At any rate, I just posted the information about the pic as I know it, but I may be mistaken. If anyone has more detailed information about Shakespeare Festival pic, please post it and I will be happy to forward it along. :)

From MW:

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 1m1 minute ago

Dr Geffner again going over resume-clearly def effort to show distinction betw his history and that of Dr DeMarte #3tvarias #jodiarias

From MK:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 21s22 seconds ago

Interns, graduate students who persist in saying they are "in practice" could be expelled from their programs, Geffner says. #jodiarias

I missed today, by choice, and see the same ole game is being played. I don't think Dr. DeMarte would jeopardize her career, I think when she "practiced" under another psychologist license is accepted as normal part of training. And to have the old fool dress down DeMarte when he has a cloud hanging over his head about his integrity is a laugh.

I missed today, by choice, and see the same ole game is being played. I don't think Dr. DeMarte would jeopardize her career, I think when she "practiced" under another psychologist license is accepted as normal part of training. And to have the old fool dress down DeMarte when he has a cloud hanging over his head about his integrity is a laugh.

Would be nice if Juan brought the psychologist who Dr DeMarte practice under to set them all straight.

So happy for you and your family GeeVee! Congratulations in advance- that is going to be one lucky grandbaby- that's for sure! The circle of life- right... Travis was much too young to die. I think he would have loved being a dad- don't you?

I sure do Frigga (and thanks :)), I think he would have been the most tender, loving Dad a child could have. It really is heart rending when you think about all of the things JA stole from him. :(

Bill Montgomery is the man's name from the Prosecutor's office. I also found his direct email address if anyone wants/needs it for any reason.

Should I send him an email tonight with the the info I have about the pic, or wait for others to verify or clarify the info I posted?

There sure is. I called the prosecutor's office once to inquire about how to provide them with something that may be relevant to their case and I was told to email a guy whose name is (I think) Bill Armstrong. I was told he reads each and every email sent to him pertaining to this case. I know have his name and email addy written down somewhere around here. If I knew the details of the Shakespeare Festival pic I'd happily forward it to him or whomever it is at the Prosecutor's office for their review.

All I know about the pic is it was taken after the stage production of Othello at The Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon, on Sunday June 15, 2008 (just 11 days after Travis was slaughtered). Jodi is shown smiling for the camera with the lead actor. I think this was originally posted by her on her MySpace page, but I don't know if it's still there or if that's even enough for someone to look into it.

But imo the pic doesn't show someone with PTSD. The pic also doesn't show someone with an elevated level of anti-social behavior, as Dr. Geff would have you believe Jodi suffered from after the "bad thing" she did. To me the pic illustrates someone with a sense of self-worth and a certain amount of assertiveness to seek out the lead actor after a play to have her pic taken with him. Of course that just might be my bias showing.

At any rate, I just posted the information about the pic as I know it, but I may be mistaken. If anyone has more detailed information about Shakespeare Festival pic, please post it and I will be happy to forward it along. :)
What more do you need? I can get you the physical address of the Shakespeare Festival. I was there to see a play last August.

I wonder what the psychologist ( licensed In arizona i presume) thought of todays testimony. Like someone mentioned earlier if their eyeballs saw their own brain from rolling so hard.

I really do not understand how this Judge has allowed the trial to be so disjointed/fragmented. It only benefits the defendant. I do not know what good it will do for Juan to bring in more experts. The jury either gets it or they do not. Juan can say whatever he needs to during closing arguments. We should start to think about/discuss what Juan will/should say during closing arguments. It's one way to put up with the insanity that is this trial.

Bill Montgomery is the man's name from the Prosecutor's office. I also found his direct email address if anyone wants/needs it for any reason.

Should I send him an email tonight with the the info I have about the pic, or wait for others to verify or clarify the info I posted?
WingDing, are you positive the date was June- for some reason I thought it was in July- but I could be misremembering!

Juan is fighting a losing battle, I'm afraid. He can object til he's blue in the face and rarely does Sherry sustain those objections. She's basically saying to the jury, "Ignore him." Sidebar after sidebar, some as long as 10 minutes, and after it's done.....the defense is allowed to do whatever they want. Never, in any other trial I'm aware of, has the judge allowed the defense to trash a victim so viscously as this judge has allowed. Why?

The reason JSS is letting the DT basically do anything they want was cleared up for us back when she gave her reason why she broke the Constitution. I have it clearly documented below for us to see in the COA opinion below.

She is so terrified of Appeals, she is letting the DT get away with anything they want. And that is way wrong IMO.
A solid but firm other judge could have still run an Appeal-proof trial and yet not allow the DT to get away with some of the crud they have.

A judge is supposed to be fair to both parties. A judge could have taken valid legal steps to prevent the DT from a lot of the trashing of Travis, trashing his reputation, trashing the Prosecuter, and trashing the Prosecuter's reputation, etc. So much of it had no business being in this trial because it was unlrelated to anything and unproven (i.e., child *advertiser censored*). It was well within JSS' rights to stop a lot of what went on, but her fear of appeals drove her to allow things from the DT that should not have been allowed by the DT.

Here was her reason that was stated clearly in the COA Opinion. Read carefully as the COA describes exactly why the trial court (JSS court) broke the constitution.
In a nutshell....She is way too afraid of future Appeals. So much so, she is making bad decisions like this one where she broke the constitution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Although expressing concern that Arias was being manipulative, the court
stated it had considered the potential legal ramifications if an appellate
court later determined that Arias did not voluntarily waive her right to
present evidence in mitigation
. As a result, the court closed the proceeding
for Arias’ testimony.

¶14 Although the court did not specifically find a clear and
present danger to a fair trial before an impartial jury, we infer the court
considered Arias’ refusal to testify in a public proceeding and its potential
legal implications to be a clear and present danger. We disagree with the
implicit finding
"

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/12/jodi-arias-court-of-appeals-opinion.html

WingDing, are you positive the date was June- for some reason I thought it was in July- but I could be misremembering!
June 15th 2008 was on a Sunday, but their site won't give me the Calendar of what was playing then, only current tickets.

Thanks DD! It's the only thing keeping my mind from exploding into a thousand worried particles. LOL She's way up north and I'm leaving on Mar. 5th, this thing best be all wrapped up by then, little miss murderess is the last thing I want to think about once I head up to meet my first grandbaby.

You all are just so sweet, I'm really touched. :)

You are in for a treat, You thought you loved you children? Wait till you have that grandbaby. My sister is getting ready for her fist great grandchild. Lily Ann is due March 26th, my sister's 66 birthday. My niece and nephew can't wait - they've picked out there names - Loli and Pop and expect to babysit a lot. Their dogs are getting old - and they'll have something else to baby to dress up.

I've been working on a raggy baby quilt for Lily Ann's baby shower this weekend, and will be glad to get it finished

Hi, Frigga. I wasn't sure for sure until I checked the web. If you click on this link, the Shakespeare Festival is the fourth article from the very bottom of the page. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2008/06/15-week/

Shakespeare Fest commissions U.S. history plays
by Marty Hughley, The Oregonian
Sunday June 15, 2008, 4:58 PM

Hi, Frigga. I wasn't sure until I checked the web. If you click on this link, the Shakespeare Festival is the fourth article from the very bottom of the page.

Hope this helps. :)
Here is their address: 15 S Pioneer St, Ashland, OR 97520
(541) 482-4331

The reason JSS is letting the DT basically do anything they want was cleared up for us back when she gave her reason why she broke the Constitution. I have it clearly documented below for us to see in the COA opinion below.

She is so terrified of Appeals, she is letting the DT get away with anything they want. And that is way wrong IMO.
A solid but firm other judge could have still run an Appeal-proof trial and yet not allow the DT to get away with some of the crud they have.

A judge is supposed to be fair to both parties. A judge could have taken valid legal steps to prevent the DT from a lot of the trashing of Travis, trashing his reputation, trashing the Prosecuter, and trashing the Prosecuter's reputation, etc. So much of it had no business being in this trial because it was unlrelated to anything and unproven (i.e., child *advertiser censored*). It was well within JSS' rights to stop a lot of what went on, but her fear of appeals drove her to allow things from the DT that should not have been allowed by the DT.

Here was her reason that was stated clearly in the COA Opinion. Read carefully as the COA describes exactly why the trial court (JSS court) broke the constitution.
In a nutshell....She is way too afraid of future Appeals. So much so, she is making bad decisions like this one where she broke the constitution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Although expressing concern that Arias was being manipulative, the court
stated it had considered the potential legal ramifications if an appellate
court later determined that Arias did not voluntarily waive her right to
present evidence in mitigation
. As a result, the court closed the proceeding
for Arias’ testimony.

¶14 Although the court did not specifically find a clear and
present danger to a fair trial before an impartial jury, we infer the court
considered Arias’ refusal to testify in a public proceeding and its potential
legal implications to be a clear and present danger. We disagree with the
implicit finding
"

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/12/jodi-arias-court-of-appeals-opinion.html

I am just wondering if this whole lack of *advertiser censored* stems from JSS and even Juan not understanding computers all that well. :dunno:

Hi, Frigga. I wasn't sure for sure until I checked the web. If you click on this link, the Shakespeare Festival is the fourth article from the very bottom of the page. Hope this helps. :)

From your article:
The devil you know: Iago burns brightly in OSF "Othello."

Tuesday June 17, 2008, 2:42 PM

12 articles above yours.

I am just wondering if this whole lack of *advertiser censored* stems from JSS and even Juan not understanding computers all that well. :dunno:

Thats a good point that some of the falling into the rabbit hole the DT dug, may have been somewhat due to a lack of technical understanding of the computer evidence (or lack thereof).

The DT sure had a knack for making things sound important and then when we finally realized what it was they had, it amounted to a big ZERO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela