Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. The defense has had ample time and opportunity (18 months to prepare!)to present real mitigation. They've spent less than mere MINUTES on tangible evidence of mitigation that is going to factor into the juries decision. They are going to go back to deliberate and to weigh the cruelty and brutality of the 1st degree murder with that travis hurt jodis feelings, he liked women, and that the defense is seething angry about the prosecutor reviewing what jodis tests meant. And that he had a grand total of FOUR pictures of grown women of a questionable nature on his computer. I'm not sure how They could vote lwop based on their instructions

Perhaps JM will start his ending argument with that, then review all the non-mitigating stuff the DT tried to throw at the wall, showing it to be nothing more than details gleaned from three different tales that all came from one source, the murderer herself and how that alone makes it suspect.

How do you marry details taken from tales of:
1. I wasn't anywhere near there, I didn't kill him.
2. I was there but it was two ninjas that did it, I didn't kill him.
3. I killed him but it was self-defense(for a reaction to dropping a camera that doesn't even stand the test of scrutiny against other somewhat similar incidents like trashing his BMW, stealing an engagement ring meant for someone else, hacking/scamming him, impersonating him, etc., that there is actual evidence of)

and turn them all into this woebegone tale of how she loved him sooo much that she tried to fix his alleged *advertiser censored* problems by becoming his sexual "muse" and then because of this deep dark secret of a "torrid love affair" she feared for her life because of another alleged incident(context missing for that too iirc) of being choked, just like every other man in her life seems to have been guilty of.... so that she had to viciously stab/slice him up 29 times, almost decapitate him and then just to make sure he could never "harm"(talk) about her again, shot him in the head, then left him to rot in his shower while she drove off to her next "date" and was able to act like nothing had happened for the 4-5 days it took until he was discovered and word filtered back so she felt obligated to act the grieving ex-gf.... then to further try and throw the scent off her she went to his memorial, contacted many of his friends and family and even called the police to offer up other possible suspects and explanations.

Like JM said, "who does that?!"

Gas cans... filling the gas cans so she wouldn't be caught on surveillance filling up her tank at gas stations during her travels. Wait... oops... just reminded myself that katydid23 mentioned the gas cans.

... yes, the gas cans that she began calling Darryl about AT THE END OF MAY, calling on several occasions but got "testy" when he wanted to know why?!

Oh yeah- to fill up outside of California to save money on gas... but... ended up filling them all in one of THE most expensive locations- Pasadena.

Not to mention the money it cost to drive THAT FAR OUT OF THE WAY- to get them. But- oh well. Kind of like the murderer DRIVING 90 MILES 2 WAYS- to save money on the rental car.

Whatever Jodi- this has all become almost normal when in actuality IT IS RIDICULOUS!

Perhaps JM will start his ending argument with that, then review all the non-mitigating stuff the DT tried to throw at the wall, showing it to be nothing more than details gleaned from three different tales that all came from one source, the murderer herself and how that alone makes it suspect.

3. I killed him but it was self-defense(for a reaction to dropping a camera that doesn't even stand the test of scrutiny against other somewhat similar incidents like trashing his BMW, stealing an engagement ring meant for someone else, hacking/scamming him, impersonating him, etc., that there is actual evidence of)

and turn them all into this woebegone tale of how she loved him sooo much that she tried to fix his alleged *advertiser censored* problems by becoming his sexual "muse" and then because of this deep dark secret of a "torrid love affair" she feared for her life because of another alleged incident(context missing for that too iirc) of being choked, just like every other man in her life seems to have been guilty of....

As often as she flips stuff around (other than her Palm desert house) I have often wondered if Travis was in fact helping her with HER mental issues. The Irises remind me of Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. Was she hoping to be saved? Ironic the "Iris" character was played by Jodi Foster, who had her own stalker weirdo named Hinckley one of her baby names, along with Regan. She does have mental issues that make her too dangerous to ever be free.

Heartbreaking Texmex... to feel safe in his own house... his own space. I want to yell at him to change the locks and call the police but even I know that wouldn't have stopped her.

Gordon B Hinckley is/was a big wig in the LDS church.

Not listening to anymore evil lies about Travis. I'm outta here.

I gotta admit I'm real close, but I'm hanging in there for when Juan has The Geff squarely in his sights.

I freaking hate when the defense repeatedly starts all these spot fires and Juan then has to go and put them all out. Again and again!

I do think Jodi did change after meeting Travis. Just an observation but lets face it Jodi's prior boyfriends really did not have much of a future to offer her. In her mind Travis was just the ticket. He had/was everything she wanted. Not having Travis magnified her sick, twisted mind to a realm prior men where lucky enough to escape. IMO

Does anyone know when Darryl's ex moved back to Monterey with his son, from Indian Wells/Palm Springs? Also, does anyone know when Darryl left the house he owned with Jodi to follow them? TIA

I do think Jodi did change after meeting Travis. Just an observation but lets face it Jodi's prior boyfriends really did not have much of a future to offer her. In her mind Travis was just the ticket. He had/was everything she wanted. Not having Travis magnified her sick, twisted mind to a realm prior men where lucky enough to escape. IMO

I feel the same way.

and turn them all into this woebegone tale of how she loved him sooo much that she tried to fix his alleged *advertiser censored* problems by becoming his sexual "muse" and then because of this deep dark secret of a "torrid love affair" she feared for her life because of another alleged incident(context missing for that too iirc) of being choked, just like every other man in her life seems to have been guilty of.... so that she had to viciously stab/slice him up 29 times, almost decapitate him and then just to make sure he could never "harm"(talk) about her again, shot him in the head, then left him to rot in his shower while she drove off to her next "date" and was able to act like nothing had happened for the 4-5 days it took until he was discovered and word filtered back so she felt obligated to act the grieving ex-gf.... then to further try and throw the scent off her she went to his memorial, contacted many of his friends and family and even called the police to offer up other possible suspects and explanations.

Like JM said, "who does that?!"
And don't forget the 18-page letter of "explanation" to his family, written on his birthday, that puts all the fault on Travis, but she loved him??? And sending irises to his grandmother knowing she was the killer.

This little nuance bugs me. Bugs me a lot every time I see a still shot of Jodi in Court. Let's let the public know I am donating my hair since it's shorter! It bugs me to think somebody I loved who is truly fighting for their life would have her donated hair on their head. It may seem silly to some but it chaps me. I guess just about everything and anything bugs me about her. She needs to just go. Away!

Jodi had a habit starting in her teens of completely changing with each love interest. Its the MO of a narcissistic sociopath

Jodi is going straight to the hole wheather she gets death or life. If she gets life she will be in that hole for 5 years. She will have plenty of time to stand on her head, scribble, sing, and talk to herself. There will be no lawyers, mitigators, and visitors will be few and far between. She told Flores, "if Im found guilty I have no life".

Not listening to anymore evil lies about Travis. I'm outta here.

:seeya: Don't go ! Please stay !

It p's me off, too, that they can trash poor Travis :tantrum: ... but they will get theirs ...

:seeya: Everyone else : Please stay !

Travis needs you !

And the Alexander Family and Juan need you !

:grouphug:

Yep. In her twisted mind she had everything invested in Travis. She dumped Darryl 4 days after meeting Travis. She gave up that relationship, her house, embraced his religion, quit jobs to travel with him, moved to Mesa etc.
For what? Even though Travis was up front about not committing to her....she thinks the late night calls and booty calls mean more than they do. He travels with her--hey they split the costs and keeps his bed warm "win-win" but then comes home and dates proper Mormon girls. He calls her for phone sex but when she checks his Facebook and stalks him and his new prospects he gets mad and calls her a sociopath! Threatens to tell everyone (PPL! Mormon friends!) what crazed stalker she is..the things she's done!
He not only demeaned her...he was threatening her future in her twisted mind

This little nuance bugs me. Bugs me a lot every time I see a still shot of Jodi in Court. Let's let the public know I am donating my hair since it's shorter! It bugs me to think somebody I loved who is truly fighting for their life would have her donated hair on their head. It may seem silly to some but it chaps me. I guess just about everything and anything bugs me about her. She needs to just go. Away!
Don't worry I'm sure they wouldn't have accepted her hair since it's been dyed.

As often as she flips stuff around (other than her Palm desert house) I have often wondered if Travis was in fact helping her with HER mental issues. The Irises remind me of Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. Was she hoping to be saved? Ironic the "Iris" character was played by Jodi Foster, who had her own stalker weirdo named Hinckley one of her baby names, along with Regan. She does have mental issues that make her too dangerous to ever be free.

Someone posted a pic of the jail she spent her first month or two before being extradited to AZ, guess what the day paroles plant on the grounds... yup, iris. I think that's where her "inspiration" for the name came from tbh.

Before I sign off for the night, I just wanted to give a well deserved shout out Tex Mex for her understated yet powerful posts today :clap::takeabow:.

Thanks so very much for keeping it real during this hella unreal trial; it was just perfect seeing your posts throughout the day as a reminder of why I continue to ride this crazy train of a trial.

May Justice at long last be realized for Travis.images.jpg

Last week Dr. DeMarte gave the defense a little bone for mitigation in the way of BPD. The defense just went and buried that bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop