Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sentencing. That's what we've been doing all this time. :)

There will likely be another mini-hearing down the road (no jury) in which the family can request compensation for certain expenses (e.g., Travis's funeral), but they wouldn't normally speak at that hearing except through the prosecutor.

I said that wrong :blushing: I mean, if JA doesn't get the death penalty, will there be another hearing with recommendations, etc... that the family could speak at? I recall seeing family members appealing to the judge to hand out a particular sentence in other trials?

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 39s39 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Still unclear if Arias will address the jury. We are just sitting and waiting.#jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 25s25 seconds ago
oh here we go. reinforcements called to the bench. criminal court administrator plus head of security. #JodiArias

They should have just set this day aside for "bench conferences"

what a waste

I thought we were gonna hear from Super Secret Sue, pedophile sleuth extraordinaire.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 26s27 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Criminal Court Administrator Bob James just walked into courtroom and up to Judge's bench during sidebar #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

I don't scroll up, and probably wouldn't know what posts were removed if I did, so would you mind describing what is considered bashing vs what is allowed?

Well.....if I gave you an example then I'd have to remove my post. Basically do not get personal regarding those involved in this case. It is okay to criticize something she is doing but just do not get personal.

in court! Dodged a rain storm. Nothing but sizzle in here no jury.

I'm sure I speak for all here at WS's ~ We are so grateful to have you there in the CR Ziggy! You type very fast too, and that's an extra bonus for us, if her highness JA chooses to
allocate-ify

:loveyou:

oh here we go. reinforcements called to the bench. criminal court administrator plus head of security. #JodiArias

Oh, for Pete sake. Jodi must be really enjoying this.

It's not the hearsay I had a problem with it was the fact she allowed them submitted anonymously that had me scratching my head.

And the expert witnesses names being secret as well. John Smith and Female psychiatrist 1. The heck lol.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 26s27 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Criminal Court Administrator Bob James just walked into courtroom and up to Judge's bench during sidebar #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

What is a Criminal Court Administrator in charge of?

Speaking of pedo letters, AZL, there was talk of them in pretrial hearings leading up to this retrial but they are noticably absent. Do you think they were argued in sealed hearings and judge ruled them out?

Anything's possible. I know Juan filed a motion to exclude them before the guilt phase, and the defense ultimately decided not to fight his motion in the middle of the hearing. But I would have expected the defense to bring them up again in this phase, where hearsay is allowed. I think it's very likely that the judge determined they were not "reliable" as no one could really confirm the authorship.

I don't think they should be "chuckled" about. I think they should be frowned upon and used as rarely as possible.

No kidding. I mean, the jury's not in, so why all the secrecy?

I sure hope someone from Court is watching the jury to make sure they aren't set up for something. All they need is a few more jurors to drop and its game over.

To the overflow we go. Ziggy, don't lose your seat!

I thought we were gonna hear from Super Secret Sue, pedophile sleuth extraordinaire.

I know what happened there? They're not even gonna rebut the computer findings of Juan's experts? I will be shocked.

I'm wondering if they consulted with Dworkin who was forced to break the news to them that these were indeed viruses and their expert got a lot of stuff wrong and they were just like...never mind.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 50s50 seconds ago
#JodiArias is slumped over, glasses off. She looks tired.

AZlawyer, can media ask JSS to have live feed when jurors decision is read in court?

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
I have never seen so much secrecy and sidebars in a trial before. Unbelievable! #jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag