Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 1m1 minute ago Phoenix, AZ
I have never seen so much secrecy and sidebars in a trial before. Unbelievable! #jodiarias @jbarrycbs5

"secret" is JA's middle name. She never even introduced one boyfriend to her family. Weird.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
no move to kick anyone out yet. Not sure why they'd need the brass to do that anyway...ovverflow room's set up, didn't need em last time.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 39s39 seconds ago
worth noting the court PIO has not been called to the bench yet. She's sitting with us. #JodiArias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 2m2 minutes ago
Court administrator is making arrangements for #JodiArias' electrocution. Oh, wait. Check that. It's "allocution." My bad.

Perhaps they didn't find what JA sent them on a wild goose chase for so there is nothing left to add.

Also, they had planned on calling Dworkin. But I can't see Dworkin being the kind to be coerced into bending facts and presenting half truths to the jury, as they may have pressed him to. So they may have called it off. But we will see. We could get a short burst of computer *advertiser censored* testimony today before closings.

JMO, but possibly the two Jurors asked to be released...I don't recall anyone mentioning either of them being taken into chambers. I hate trial by tweet!!!!

TA's little bro sure looks like him. The family has been the epitome of class and demeanor the entire time. What they have gone through and continue to shows they have a deep and committed love to Travis, imo.

I was kind of hoping she was having a heart attack.

A girl can dream- can't she?

Id rather her being choking. On her tongue.

Ice day in Dallas/Ft Worth. Loving this extra day off. :)

Meanwhile the jury minus 2 has been waiting all day with no clue whatsoever about what is going on.

Sorry DGC, didn't realize you were posting Pitts. :blushing:

We should all be prepared for anything- and I mean anything. Not what we were all led to believe this morning.

If they are reading tweets at the bench, earlier it was said that you could hear "sidebar" in overflow room, if that is the case, I bet that is what they are talking about. Would that cause a mistrial?

Totally Agree.

What really bothers me is even if JA gets the DP, I feel very strongly that because of how this trial was run, there was a HUGE PRICE that was NEEDLESSLY paid by many people.

It did NOT have to go down like this. Many other trials do not require all these people below to pay such a huge price.
- Taxpayers (due to obsene length of this trial....Can we say "sidebar")
- Travis Reputation (bogus child *advertiser censored*, bogus volumes of *advertiser censored* viewing, etc)
- Juans Reputation (lying about prosecurial misconducct)
- Floris Reputation (openly cutting him down in front of jury)
- Fores wife's reputation (dragging her through the mud)

A different overseer of this trial would have at a minimum required the DT to have at least a teeny tiny hint of some evidence to support such outlandash allegations.
With this trial, the DT was allowed to sling it all out there and Juan did try to object many times and was shot down.
Juan doesn't care about the false accusations of prosecutorial misconduct. They tried it with Wendi Andriano's case too and were shot down. The jury didn't hear about the accusations against Mrs. Flores and the judge addressed them in her ruling striking down removing the Death Penalty.

Quoting my previous prediction:
PREDICTION:
At 1:40 p.m. Judge will take the bench. And call for Sidebar.
At 1:59 p.m. Judge will have attorneys and Arias to Chambers
At 2:28 p.m. Judge will take bench. No Arias in sight.
At 2:30 p.m. Judge will call for Sidebar.
At 2:45 p.m. Judge will call for the jury
At 2:48 p.m. Judge will thank Jury for their patience and tell them they will be taking afternoon recess and to return PROMPTLY at 3:15 p.m.
At 3:25 p.m. Judge will take the bench and call for Sidebar.
At 3:45 p.m. Judge will call for Jury.
At 3:49 p.m. Judge will thank Jury for their patience and say that something unexpected has come up, to please return on THURSDAY the 26th at 1:30 p.m.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 39s40 seconds ago
I guess they are trying to figure out what they are going to do with all of us. Wrap it up & we'll leave. #JodiArias

Tweets:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 38s38 seconds ago

admin and security walked out like they had a mission.
lawyers still at sidebar.
courtroom admin Randy walked out too) #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 23s23 seconds ago

no move to kick anyone out yet.
Not sure why they'd need the brass to do that anyway...
ovverflow room's set up, didn't need em last time.

Last minute shenanigans by Maria??

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 21s 21 seconds ago
the room is feeling more and more tense yet nothing has been said that we can hear #jodiarias

Jarrett Seltzer @JarrettSeltzer · 3m 3 minutes ago
they are sharing something, i just saw a cell phone come out at the bench #jodiarias

Is this for real? It's like some really bad movie or something. The easiest way to deal with online threats and comments is to STAY OFF social media. This trial must be setting some kind of precident here. All this fuss over a run of the mill murderer because her attorney can't put his phone down long enough to try the dang case?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members