Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was tweeted differently. That there were two letters going into the jury room with the jurors for deliberation. One is from Mark McGee's mother.

Those were the 2 exhibits admitted at the end. The thing we were discussing was the 3 "ex parte notices" that the judge said she wasn't going to read and would be filed under seal.

WTH does she need medication for? Why would JSS ask this? She is just setting this up for an appeal based on mental illness. Does JA have a jail psychiatrist who is dealing with her? Who would be prescribing meds?

JSS might have wanted to clarify for the record whether Jodi at that moment was capable of making an informed decision or whether she could later claim she was zoned out on something.
The great majority of folks who are "on [brain-biochemistry-adjusting] meds" don't have a mental illness: they may have temporary distress, they may have ADD, they may have epilepsy, they may have trouble sleeping, they may have intractable pain, they may have a bad tremor, they may have motor nerve damage in their brain........

I would love to know exactly when (a) the defense decided not to call the remaining witnesses and (b) JA decided not to allocute. I am still trying to figure out why exactly her sister was there today, of all days.

Not that it matters cause I did hear them say the Defense rests, but they argued how their witnesses wouldn't be available until such and such time and now low and behold they rest without calling the others.

Seriously, what is JA's real reason for refusing to allocute? I can't wrap my head around this.

Control. She'll only lie if she can do it in secret.

She thinks she's getting another trial?

She thinks the rules do not apply to her and the judge will have to allow her to speak tomorrow if she wants to. The judge does not have to, but she probably will. I hope she does, just to avoid another appeal issue.

What a great Birthday present. Only thing better would have been a death sentence!

Happy, happy Birthday!!! Wasn't it such a surprise gift? I'm still trying to catch my breath that we're almost at the finish line.

So, let me see if I followed correctly today.

2 jurors got kicked off. One is a guy who says serial killers should get DP, the other is a lady who's daughter has a record. Both sound imo defense friendly jurors. Wilmott comes in with a big folder. Jodi Arias argues that she should be able to allocute in private, but is not allowed to. The jurors get instructions. Tomorrow we get closing arguments. It's Nurmi/Juan/Nurmi. Because seriously why would they let Wilmott up for a speech now? But Jodi Arias isn't even going to try to say anything? The Innocence Project isn't coming for you, girl. Say something.

BBM
I'm still convinced that Jodi has gone all-in with Willmott. She thinks Jen's the better lawyer, and that Nurmi is not effective (and a jerk). It will be interesting who acts as Jodi's mouthpiece..

Is it possible that JA's sister came down so that she and her mom can check out the Grand Canyon during deliberations?

Didn't her sister tweet that she was going to light up Phoenix or something similar?

Maybe they are planning a little celebration?

Call the cab for him or he will not make it out of the house. No offence to the men here but really??? What would men do without us. I come home smelling like embalming fluid and want to jump in the shower and he is sitting on the couch having a nice beer and asks me to run back out to get him some more. He rides RIGHT BY the "beer store". It has gotten so funny that the guy that runs the register says he will put on the sign a reminder for Hubby to stop and get for himself.

Sorry it was OT...just need to commiserate with another caregiver:)

LOL! That's a funny story.

OT:

Not all men are like that though. My hubby is very self sustaining about most everything.

He, like Ziggy's hubby.. also has to have oral surgery himself on March 5th. He will go by himself on his way home from work. All I have to do is fill out the medical form on line before he goes so they will already have it before he gets there and I offered to do that for him because he is always doing things for me.

He is very healthy so he doesn't go to a medical doctor often at all but when he does he always schedules it where he can go before coming home after work. I have never been to the oral surgeon with him and he has had oral surgery twice before this. It doesn't seem to faze him either. He will go to sleep in the dental chair even if they are doing a root canal and he doesn't want any laughing gas either.

:eek: I am the weenie when it comes to dental work and thank goodness I have never had to have oral surgery and have all of my 'teefies' as my little granddaughter says.:lol:

He is a very active man so the most I have to do for him is tend to his cuts and scrapes he gets when he is outside working. I buy bandaides by the large boxes in all shape and sizes and plenty of antibiotic ointment. I told him I hope nothing ever happens to him because if they came here and did a luminol test it would light up like a neon light and they would be sure to think I had murdered him.

This is a man who always picks up his own clothes everyday and keeps his bathroom neat and helps me at home even after working a 10-12 hour day.

Is he unusual? Most definitely but our son is a lot like him and very self sufficient.

Now I do have to have a spinal epidural on March 3rd and they told me I have to have someone drive me there and take me home but I didn't ask him to take off from work, although he would and has..when I have had a myriad of spinal injections, but our daughter in law is taking me since she is off that day.

I know how truly blessed I am to have him and I have to admit he loves to pamper me but I also spoil him in a good way too.:D

I bet she allocutes tomorrow. I bet she was just pushing to see how far the judge would let her go, I don't see her just letting it go as her last chance to talk and not doing it.

I believe the judge will stand firm: it's a done deal. Jodi kept saying no. And it's not like JSS hasn't had a lot of time to think about this and to plan exactly how she would handle it when it inevitably came up. She even established for the record that Jodi was alert and able to make decisions (i.e. she wasn't on medication, whichever one it was, that might potentially fuzz up her thinking process).

Didn't the judge even tell the jury that Jodi would not be allocuting?

It was tweeted differently. That there were two letters going into the jury room with the jurors for deliberation. One is from Mark McGee's mother.

No, different thing. This is the 3 ex parte motions I'm talking about. Not the "written testimony".

Jodi spent two years, two long years, in jail before she admitted that she killed Travis and not some ninjas. This is a woman who sticks to her guns (so to speak) long after it's obvious she's making a losing argument and nobody believes her. Now that she's come up with the "I can't speak in public because of X and Y" there's no way she's going to give up on that. Not for years to come.

BBM

And this from someone who wanted to represent herself ...... twice ?? Was she going to have the courtroom cleared for the entire process then?

I remember I picked St. Patrick's Day (Mar. 17th), in honor of that unattractive green shirt she wore during the first trial. Happy to be wrong about that date.
Take comfort in that she'll probably be in Perryville by St. Patrick's Day. We can all drink and celebrate!:lepsmilie::lepsmilie::lepsmilie:

I can't believe it's over.

Same here. Not like this anyway. An out of control trial with no definitive end in sight before the day began to closing args tomorrow. Who would have ever guessed?

BBM

And this from someone who wanted to represent herself ...... twice ?? Was she going to have the courtroom cleared for the entire process then?
For heaven's sake, Spellbound. You're applying logic and there is NO logic connected with the defendant or her attorneys.

You make an extremely good point though. What would she have done?

I would love to know why the two jurors were dismissed today. JSS did not give a reason, so will we only find out if the jurors decide to talk to the media about it? Or will we find out if/when the sealed transcripts are unsealed?

If I were on the jury, I'd be thinking how thoughtless is this woman? She can't even face his family? She can't even face what she did?

If I were a juror, with all of that 'he was so mean to me' and *advertiser censored* crap and 'he had so many girlfirends' and such, I might think she may not be sorry at all that she brutally murdered him if she can't even stand up before us and say she was.

I would love to know exactly when (a) the defense decided not to call the remaining witnesses and (b) JA decided not to allocute. I am still trying to figure out why exactly her sister was there today, of all days.

It seems like JSS had to have some idea the defense would not call the remaining witnesses some time last week. IIRC, last week, JSS stated closing arguments would occur around the 25th.

And last I checked, JSS was about 0 for 9,764 on accurate time estimates, so . . . :)

Control. She'll only lie if she can do it in secret.

I think we all really know why the narcissist doesn't want to testify with anyone there but the jury.

She knows her lies will be torn to shreds and dissected like a bug by the court trial watchers and the media.

She is beyond vain. She thinks if its only the jury she can make up another story and add to her already monumental lies.

I don't think anyone is fooled by JAs game.

IMO

I don't think she was pregnant but you are right she did have sex with a guard and he was sentenced for it.

Most disgusting trivia of the day about Susan Smith - when she posted her profile on Write a prisoner website, she got 6,000 responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela