Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

For those of you following Holly Bobo's case -- I see there are some on this thread right now:

You may want to go to Holly's Forum and check out the latest unexpected development regarding one of the A's !

Mods, sorry for the interruption ...

BUT, this has been one hello of a day with Closing Arguments in JA's case for tomorrow which was totally unexpected -- and -- a really unexpected event in Holly's case.

Carry on ... and Thank You.

Oh no! My husband just texted me that he has to have oral surgery on his infected tooth tomorrow at 11:00 AM there goes my early day to get into court. Would it be rude to tell him to take a taxi?

Oh No... Why does everything have to happen to us? :wink:

OH OH. I think that is a big no no. The 13th juror, Paul sanders almost caused an issue when they accused him of recording it, and he showed them his pages of shorthand. If she is a reporter, she must know that tape recorders are not allowed.

She says "see all of it", not "hear all of it".

I just wonder, as the jury exits (presumably without making eye contact), if Arias just realized her blunder and will somehow get word to the judge that she wants to allocute first thing in the morning? Would she be allowed to do so (even under the special conditions set forth by Sherry)?

The way it was tweeted, JSKS as much as begged her to allocute.

If they had it right, I think the judge will allow her to spin more de-edifying testibaloney right up to the beginning of juror deliberations.

However, I don't see any way the killer takes advantage of the accommodation.

I believe she's sold herself on the belief that the more she can make this first trial/verdict/penalty cycle look like a miscarriage of justice, the more likely that she'll procure a lesser sentence or even a verdict set aside and new trial.

Think of it as the Law of Attraction on steroids.

Im convinced JA had this planned out all along to use in her upcoming appeals. She will try to claim that she was prevented from being able to give her allocution.

The good thing is the COA ruling should have that appeal angle squashed. Because a "perceived" danger is just that. It is "perceived" only by JA and it is a WRONG perception according to the COA. Because there is no evidence to support JA is in any danger at all.

I bet Travis wishes he had the same level of protection for himself on June 4th, 2008 as Jodi Arias has every day she's in court. :(

so Jodi found a ways to build a cross and climb up on it to keep her fan club seeing her as a victim of the big bad court. She wants to speak but can't because the judge won't let her. poor poor Jodi, let's all send her money.

geh.

so it's finally coming to an end. the two statements just seem kind of pathetic. trying too hard. I'm not even sure why the defense submitted them.
tomorrow will be interesting.

How did KN & JW not give this allocution script to CMJA? This poor jury has been given nothing. CMJA's non-remorse is so telling after watching this 17-year-old murderer give allocution (starts at 7:50).

[video=youtube;Has7JE51Aos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Has7JE51Aos[/video]

And the Judge gave her 30 years instead of the 20 years the prosecution had asked for in the plea agreement.

I have given a lot of thought to why Jodi's family aren't begging for her life. She believes they are too dumb to be believed by the jury! Jodi is so brilliant in her own mind and remember, she told her mom she should read more and go back to school and even told Travis her sister was dumb. She has always been ashamed of them and believes if they testify on her behalf, they would not be of any help or use to her. So I believe she told them under no circumstances were they allowed to beg for her life. She may live to regret this.

Spycraft.. Interesting convo between the DT and him. Can you hear alright? Maybe thought he was a reporter for arias

I have given a lot of thought to why Jodi's family aren't begging for her life. She believes they are too dumb to be believed by the jury! Jodi is so brilliant in her own mind and remember, she told her mom she should read more and go back to school and even told Travis her sister was dumb. She has always been ashamed of them and believes if they testify on her behalf, they would not be of any help or use to her. So I believe she told them under no circumstances were they allowed to beg for her life. She may live to regret this.

Why would they? In their opinion she's "wrongly convicted". Why would they beg for her life when she did nothing wrong. That's my take on it

The judge can set a reasonable time limit. Normally judges ask the attorneys how much time they need and then hold them to that estimate, unless there are unexpected interruptions like 7,934 sidebars. :)

AZ, can the judge tell both sides (ESP the defense) they cannot interrupt or object or ask for sidebars during closings? I thought that was so rude during the first trial that they did this.

Yep, he was born last night (pic on the sidebar thread). :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:loveyou::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Why would they? In their opinion she's "wrongly convicted". Why would they beg for her life when she did nothing wrong. That's my take on it

They would because they love their daughter. You better believe I would. It would not affect her appeals anyway.

They would because they love their daughter. You better believe I would. It would not affect her appeals anyway.

I would as well If it were my child but we know Jodi isn't an everybody's type of daughter And has probably prohibited family from testilyin on he r behalf

Have faith. Juan is going to pull out all the gruesome autopsy photos in his closing. Zervakos isn't on this jury. They'll give her the DP, I'm sure of it.

Can Juan put up those autopsy photos in closing? Those would be aggravators, right? And this trial is about mitigators?

I just want to add, JA and company NEVER admitted to Borderline. So we can throw that one OUT.

I believe they fell into a trap of Juan's. Demarte was the only one who ever gave the BPD diagnosis. He never had another psychologist to back her up. He didn't have Demarte develop her diagnosis in any way (in fact, he toned it way down, IMO); he just used the diagnosis to squeeze in a bunch of negative Jodi stories. But the parts were attached to one another: Demarte and BPD. So he serves up Jodibait: Demarte (whom he knew Jodi would speciously try to rip to shreds) and all of Demarte's prior testimony (the whole elaboration of it) with 2 years for the defense to practice cross on every word. Suckers! The DT went after Demarte, her testing, credibility, qualifications, and thus made their mitigator untenable. BOOM!

I think Juan did this on purpose: if he really had a use for the BPD diagnosis or really care how it could be construed, he would have brought in another psychologist like Dr. Hayes.

I remember I picked St. Patrick's Day (Mar. 17th), in honor of that unattractive green shirt she wore during the first trial. Happy to be wrong about that date.

I too chose this date IIRC. I will be glad to be wrong though, lol.

Nurmi opening statement included JA, "this mentally ill woman", being "diagnosed with BPD and PTSD".

But JA evidently didn't argue that mental illness was keeping her from allocuting. And she wasn't on her meds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member