Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A call has gone out to those legions of JA supporters to show up at the courthouse tomorrow.

And encouragement provided: fear not! _" Tomorrow is not the end of the trial, it's the beginning of freedom for Jodi and the appeals process."

I sure hope the courthouse has enough space to accommodate all four of them.

But she ADMITTED the killing so they should beg for her life. The is not a defendant who claimed she was innocent at trial.

She admitted to killing in a justifiable homicide self defense. In her mind she is innocent of what shes been convicted of. She's gonna keep singing that tune until her last breathe

Originally Posted by bsk: Been too long - I don't recall what was in it. Wasn't that abbreviated testimony mostly pre-Travis?

Right at the beginning, she tried to express remorse with prompting from JW. Didn't work.

Oh, the comment about the "bad thing" JA did? You mean that wasn't convincing? [snorts]

I just googled distance from Mesa to Goodyear, 35.5 miles. How fast do you think the jailhouse bus can go? I hope it comes to a crawl when it passes Starbucks and Walmart.

I'm loving the sharp turn y'all are taking onto the snark highway..:D

I would as well If it were my child but we know Jodi isn't an everybody's type of daughter And has probably prohibited family from testilyin on he r behalf

Could be JA is afraid they might embarrass her...with their common grammar and lackluster vocabulary.

Over in JodiLand, they claim that Jodi 'forbid' her family from testifying because Juan is so evil, that she needs to protect them. They think she is noble for doing so. But the rest of us know that is not the real motivation. If she thought it was beneficial she would have them do so. jmo

I wonder what their lame excuse is for her family not begging for the jury to spare her life? They can't be cross examined, so OOPS. Besides, since when would this butcheress give a rats *advertiser censored* if her family suffered? The word lunatics comes to mind when I hear that site mentioned. They can't be serious, or do they really believe one day she will walk? NEWSFLASH.... she will only leave prison on a gurney, and they can mark my words on that When is the question.

AZ, can the judge tell both sides (ESP the defense) they cannot interrupt or object or ask for sidebars during closings? I thought that was so rude during the first trial that they did this.

No. Sometimes it's appropriate to object and/or request a sidebar.

Can Juan put up those autopsy photos in closing? Those would be aggravators, right? And this trial is about mitigators?

Yes, he can. This phase is not just about mitigation--it's about balancing aggravation and mitigation.

I have given a lot of thought to why Jodi's family aren't begging for her life. She believes they are too dumb to be believed by the jury! Jodi is so brilliant in her own mind and remember, she told her mom she should read more and go back to school and even told Travis her sister was dumb. She has always been ashamed of them and believes if they testify on her behalf, they would not be of any help or use to her. So I believe she told them under no circumstances were they allowed to beg for her life. She may live to regret this.

They would embarrass her. hahaha

Originally Posted by mydirtysecret: I guess she had a snafu with the t-shirt distributor that said "define survivor" instead of just survivor so she had no mitigation to give.

Well, I know what must have happened... instead of being delivered new and improved "Survivor" t-shirts for show and tell in court, she was delivered 5,000 Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLIX Champion t-shirts by mistake. It's an honest mistake. Coulda happened to anyone.

edited to add: both teams actually have winner shirts made before the big game is played. The winning team's shirts are ready for sale after the game. The losing team's shirts are donated to kids in need in impoverished third world countries.

:laugh:
Yes! She'll demand that she be allowed to sit and 'watch' them deliberate. The Judge will say absolutely not, then there will be a sidebar and then the staff will run off to get a LaZ Boy complete with drinks and magazines for Arias. After all, it is a death penalty case and we do not want any appellate issues, remember? :gaah:
Too funny!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Oh wait, you weren't serious, were you??

I just googled distance from Mesa to Goodyear, 35.5 miles. How fast do you think the jailhouse bus can go? I hope it comes to a crawl when it passes Starbucks and Walmart.

Is Goodyear Estrella or Perryville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member