Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A call has gone out to JA 's legions of supporters---urgent!! Show up at the courthouse tomorrow!!

And encouragement provided: fear not! _" Tomorrow is not the end of the trial, it's the beginning of freedom for Jodi and the appeals process."

A call has gone out to those legions of JA supporters to show up at the courthouse tomorrow.

And encouragement provided: fear not! _" Tomorrow is not the end of the trial, it's the beginning of freedom for Jodi and the appeals process."

If your idea of freedom is being caged in an 8x10 and your biggest wish of the day Is to catch glimpses of your new SO big betty on your way to your weekly shower then yes.. She's closer than she can imagine lol

Eta clarifying by you and your I'm referring to her supporters

A call has gone out to those legions of JA supporters to show up at the courthouse tomorrow.

I wonder what the attrition rate for JAII'ers will be after the verdict, certainly much much greater than the jurors over the course of both trials - although total number of each are likely to be close to equal. ;)

I would as well If it were my child but we know Jodi isn't an everybody's type of daughter And has probably prohibited family from testilyin on he r behalf

Over in JodiLand, they claim that Jodi 'forbid' her family from testifying because Juan is so evil, that she needs to protect them. They think she is noble for doing so. But the rest of us know that is not the real motivation. If she thought it was beneficial she would have them do so. jmo

I would as well If it were my child but we know Jodi isn't an everybody's type of daughter And has probably prohibited family from testilyin on he r behalf

BBM

That is what she has told her followers. That she has forbid them because she is so protective of them. :rolleyes:

Whoa, slow down Hun, breath. The judge isn't giving her LWP, I promise. Thats not her motive here. Her motive is to give the defense everything to avoid appeal issues.
And besides, it's not even going to be an issue. This jury is going to give her death, AND YOU CAN MARK MY WORDS ON THAT.

Good Lord what have it I missed. On the sidebar several tweets say JSS tells Jodi to show remorse and beg for her life.

JSS tells #JodiArias this time is to "Express remorse, plead for mercy, explain the crime, bring mitigating circumstances".

I wonder if Judge Stevens has no mercy and hasn't seen any remorse for Jodi? She already knows the crime and the circumstances, and she knows Jodi and won't have a problem giving her death, and pleading for her life to this jury is her only hope.

Oh good grief! I hope the jailers have two or three stun guns handy. Those people in Jodiland are nuts. This would be so wrong to allow them in court with the Alexander family there!

I think JSS should call her bluff by saying, "Okay, Jurors, you're dismissed until after Jodi gives herself a private allocution. Clear the court." Jodi remains with only her stun belt and shackle manager for company.

It would be sort of like allowing her to have sex in private, no cameras, no looky loos, no admirers, no sympathizers: doesn't do anything for the princess.

But JA evidently didn't argue that mental illness was keeping her from allocuting. And she wasn't on her meds!

If she's put on meds by the jail doctor doesn't she have to take them?

Good Lord what have it I missed. On the sidebar several tweets say JSS tells Jodi to show remorse and beg for her life.

JSS tells #JodiArias this time is to "Express remorse, plead for mercy, explain the crime, bring mitigating circumstances".

I wonder if Judge Stevens has no mercy and hasn't seen any remorse for Jodi? She already knows the crime and the circumstances, and she knows Jodi and won't have a problem giving her death, and pleading for her life to this jury is her only hope.

Be clear though, this judge CANNOT give her the DP. If the jury hangs the judge can only give her life with parole or natural life. I would feel better if the jury was unanimous.

BBM

That is what she has told her followers. That she has forbid them because she is so protective of them. :rolleyes:

She forbid them probably for two reasons. To be defiant and to keep up the appearance of innocence. If her own family is begging for her life then surely they don't even believe her and that doesn't exactly scream "send me appeals money!" just my take on reasoning

Goodnight everyone. Maybe tomorrow we have take a poll on whether the killer will get death or life, or whether jury will hang.

If Jodi changes her mind tomorrow and decides to speak to the jury - will the 3 ex parte letters then be unsealed?

If I understood correctly, they were sealed because it was too late to admit them because the defense had rested their case.

Could this be a set-up where the defense hopes the judge will forget about unsealing these letters after she allows the defense to reopen their defense to allow Jodi to give her allocution? (I totally don't trust the defense - I feel like those letters must have a purpose)

Nurmi's motion to disallow JM from arguing an aggravator that hasn't been proven....AZL said the motion is likely about an additional aggravator, not the unusually cruel aggravator already decided by the jury.

Looked up AZ list of aggravators. Only one is theoretically applicable..(paraphrasing)...."that the murder was cold and calculating, and committed without any moral or legal justifications."

Maybe Nurmi is concerned that JM will tell the jury the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth tomorrow about why JA killed Travis.

She forbid them probably for two reasons. To be defiant and to keep up the appearance of innocence. If her own family is begging for her life then surely they don't even believe her and that doesn't exactly scream "send me appeals money!" just my take on reasoning

But she ADMITTED the killing so they should beg for her life. The is not a defendant who claimed she was innocent at trial.

AND if her Mom begs for mercy and says she loves her daughter, then how does that work with the child abuse stories and the big wooden spoon?

:seeya:

BBM: Totally agree!

JMO and a big MOO ... but IF this jury does NOT give JA the DP, you can bet the farm that JSS will give her "life" with the possibility of parole ... oh wait, the way things are going, JSS might even let her go ...

Seriously, JSS should be ashamed and embarrassed by what she has done ... but she is NOT !

To even "entertain" this latest request by JA and the DT is absolutely outrageous !

:moo:

I agree with Nash Bridges, no she didn't allow Jodi to allocute in private, and no JSS shouldn't be embarrased and ashamed of what she's done, and NO she absolutely will NOT give Jodi LWP.

Well if they do organize a carpool it might be the most productive thing they've accomplished lately :facepalm:

But she ADMITTED the killing so they should beg for her life. The is not a defendant who claimed she was innocent at trial.

If I were Jodi's mother, I wouldn't. :snooty:But then I make my child take responsibility for her own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member