Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...... sleeping under Christmas trees, crawling through doggy doors, upside down license plates, objections every two questions, tied up to the bed, audio phone-sex tapes, hippocampuses, head stands .......

.....Transient Global Amnesia...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes! :deepbreaths:

And I forgot one more...a juror whose sister-in-law is a friend of the defendant's family being called for jury duty, getting selected and then getting thrown off for not wearing her badge/talking to the media. :scared:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 2h2 hours ago

Nurmi: if #JodiArias gets death, our (Nurmi and Wilmott) representation will get scrutinized for years.

Who cares!?!? They don't have any rights! They're defense attorneys. They can't whine about open court because it might hurt their reputation! Nowhere in the constitution does it state that lawyers in DP cases should be protected against scrutiny.
Is all this secrecy about the witness, about Jodi's rights OR just about Nurmi and Wilmott's pride!?

WTH.

I done think this is about protecting Jodi. It is about protecting g the defense team. I'm thinking the threat to the court is that the defense team will not ask Jodi questions that they need to with the media there. I don't know how to explain my thought, but I do believe the threat to not testify is to protect the defense team.
Im starting to agree with this. Maybe JA has threatened the defense team by way of her appeal if they dont get the courtroom cleared and let her say what she wants to. And the defense team might feel threatened because she was encouraged to say what she wanted to during the first trial.

It wouldn't be for protection. It would be for her right to a fair trial.. If the jury can't focus on her because they are analyzing her family through her lie, she won't get a fair trial. I am sure that is all Nurm's logic.

That's splitting hairs if the judge buys it. Actually it's a bending of reality. Can the judge be that gullible?

Yes! :deepbreaths:

And I forgot one more...a juror whose sister-in-law is a friend of the defendant's family being called for jury duty, getting selected and then getting thrown off for not wearing her badge/talking to the media. :scared:

. . . poprocks, toblerone, photo ops, travelling from one state to the next with 3 gas cans in car, lmao, calls and emails Travis after she killed him, handstands. . .

Question:
Is the court the media will submit the motion to, the same court that would handle CMJA's appeal requests?
If yes, and they reverse JSS's decision, and the jury hands down the DP, how could they then grant an appeal based on CMJA not being allowed to testify in secret?

drat - I confused myself.

This is what I think too: I wrote the same question in the legal thread. I'm thinking JSS did this on purpose, and it's a stroke of genius. It pre-empts JA's ability to go to the Appeals Court later and file for an appeal based on not having her way on this issue. I can't imagine JSS didn't anticipate that this decision would be appealed.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2h2 hours ago
Fox 10 has learned through 3 independent sources that the "secret" witness in the #JodiArias case is Jodi Arias.

What could she possibly be saying that cause someone to harm her? More lies? Who is she throwing under the bus now. What else can she say about Travis that could hurt anymore that she already has? Must be her father because of what Nurmi said in his opening. Taking a page from someone in FL. Would not put it past her. Once or if we hear everything I bet we will be thoroughly disgusted..I already am, but...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's going to take a little more proof for me to believe this. Not that I don't think Troy Hayden believes it, but I just cannot imagine what could make JSS close the courtroom for JA...makes no sense to me at all. She doesn't need protection, she's surrounded by guards and sleeps in jail. If she doesn't want to testify to abuse in front of her family? Tough, others do it every day of the week. I don't get it... going to bed early. With a huge glass of wine. And some dark chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaH View Post

Long time member, but first post. I don't think there is any person or thing that can mitigate or minimize the severe cruelty of this murder. I wouldn't worry about this witness. Whoever it is isn't really in her corner or they would be public and not hiding IMO. May sound silly, but I've always wondered why prosecution didn't focus on the fact that she left the dog like she did. That was also very cruel and may have impact on jurors. It does bother me very much.

Well, please post more --- insightful - on target- maybe even exacting ( voir dire; animal owners) perhaps more effectual than one would think. I would def want you on my team.

LOL #crybabies.

Hi Elementary. I too am confused, and quite troubled, by this possibility.

The only thing that comes to mind, albeit doesn't make sense to me, is that they convinced the Judge that JA will be testifying as an abuse victim. And also makes me wonder if she is going to claim molestation at the hands of her father. IDK but I say again that if this is true there will be hell to pay in Maricopa County.

I would love to have AZLawyer weigh in with her thoughts on this.

So she's a special snowflake who doesn't have to stand up in court and be counted? So why was that not a problem for her in the first trial? Oh, okay, I get it- in this phase they are going for the shrinking violet and the judge is allowing it.

Here's what AZLawyer said about the possibility of the secret witness being CMJA. ...so there must be something very off about JSS allowing this secrecy.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?260898-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-6&p=11150302#post11150302

Is it possible JSS knew the media would protest and just figured she'd let the appeals court make the decision? Yeah - I just do not understand how DT got away with it.

AZL also said that JA would not be allowed to clear the courtroom because she was a convicted murderer. (sorry I don't have the exact post).

When you stop and think about it, what was going on when the media was asked to remove themselves from the courtroom and retire down to the video room. Then it was, no, that is not good enough, court is sealed off from any media and cleared of all public. How was a witness able to negotiate this type of bargaining? The only ones we heard who went into the judge's chambers were the attorneys, Jodi and the Alexander family. So how was this "secret" witness negotiating regarding having everyone removed?

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2h2 hours ago
Fox 10 has learned through 3 independent sources that the "secret" witness in the #JodiArias case is Jodi Arias.

I'm inclined to believe this. But that would make JSS ruling even more incredulous. She closed the courtroom because JA threw a tantrum and said she wasn't going to testify with the media (Nancy Grace and all her other haters) there?

Don't get me started on Nurmi. If you're going trash a man's reputation, atleast be man enough to do it in open court. Man up. And Wilmott too. Man up. Stand behind your slimy defense.

AZL also said that JA would not be allowed to clear the courtroom because she was a convicted murderer. (sorry I don't have the exact post).

She said that but she also said "unless JSS made a very very very very very bad" ruling. The very's are all mine.

One... There isn't anything that Jodi can testify to that Juan Martinez can't refute. Two, they're only deciding between LWOP and LWOP with a sentence of death that guarantees her an appeal at the taxpayers' expense. Three, the death sentence, if imposed, would never be carried out. Even if every appeal failed. Four, JSS will never give her LWP. That's the bottom line. JSS can handle the circus atmosphere and the antics of the DT because she knows that Jodi will never see freedom for the rest of her life. She alone has that power. Five, the court of appeals may well rule that the lying liar's gallery has to remain open to the public. We shall see.

KCL... Have the happiest of birthdays and enjoy your journey, wherever that leads you!

What could she possibly be saying that cause someone to harm her? More lies? Who is she throwing under the bus now. What else can she say about Travis that could hurt anymore that she already has? Must be her father because of what Nurmi said in his opening. Taking a page from someone in FL. Would not put it past her. Once or if we hear everything I bet we will be thoroughly disgusted..I already am, but...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably something very simple as in, "My life is being threatened here."

Hi,
Any WS pro kind enough to share their technique? How do we best approach consumption of the day-to-day? Pressing "play" is no longer procurable. Please toss me a bone... frustrated,,,maybe its the moon.
Kind regards,
||G.||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members