Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this earlier, and was wondering if this is correct.

" b. Spectators.*All proceedings shall be open to the public, including representatives of the news media, unless the court finds, upon application of the defendant, that an open proceeding presents a clear and present danger to the defendant's right to a fair trial by an impartial jury. A complete record of any closed proceedings shall be kept and made available to the public following the completion of trial or disposition of the case without trial."

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/9_3.htm

All I saw was one of the rules of crim. procedure. Did you have a question about it?

I posted this earlier, and was wondering if this is correct.

" b. Spectators.*All proceedings shall be open to the public, including representatives of the news media, unless the court finds, upon application of the defendant, that an open proceeding presents a clear and present danger to the defendant's right to a fair trial by an impartial jury. A complete record of any closed proceedings shall be kept and made available to the public following the completion of trial or disposition of the case without trial."

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/9_3.htm

Yes.

Another thought of the "secret witness", could be Donovan.

:gaah: :gaah:

She IS a "convicted felon" ?

Donovan is a serious trouble maker just like CMJA, and both like the spotlight ...

Birds of a feather ...

:moo:

This the list from Juan about the state witnesses for rebuttal
9: Hayes
10 DeMarte
13 Marsha Parker
15 Zachary Billings
Taylor Searle
20 AlanKreitl
So what does this all mean?

Some interesting tweets about Aunt Sue are appearing on #jodiarias. Could Aunt Sue be Justus Forusall? The plot thickens LOL

OK I'm reading on #jodiarias that people are sending Justus Forusall info to Juan, do they seriously think he has nothing better to do?

IMO, the new and real danger facing CMJA this time around is Karp's testimony. Nurmi fought like heck to keep her off the stand. I think (not positive because of sealed sessions) that he lost.

Karp will testify that CMJA told her about being abused by Travis a huge number of times.....not the 3 times she told DeMarte about and testified to on the stand. Less clear is what she told Karp about relating to pedophilia or parental abuse.

The DT knows she's going to be exposed as lying to psych experts about TA's abuse, and possibly parental abuse.

I have no guess why JSS would clear the court for her, if that happened. But I can imagine them explaining the discrepancies about reported abuse as fear on her part, and trying to blunt Karp's testimony ahead of time by demonstrating that fear-- by insisting on a closed court.

If it is Karp, and if her testimony does shatter Jodi's abuse story, how will the DT respond?

(DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER -- NONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE!!!)

"Of course Jodi lied to Dr. Karp. Of course she also lied to Dr. DeSmartyPants. That's who Jodi is and what Jodi does. Old news, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along."

"Jodi told Dr. Karp the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Jodi was completely honest and up-front. After it was too late to take anything back, she began to wish she hadn't revealed the truth about the abuse she suffered. That's when she made the decision to minimize the extent of the abuse. She knew this was wrong and that when her lies were revealed she'd have to face the consequences, which would likely be severe. She loved Travis so much that she would do everything in her power to protect his reputation, even if it meant perjuring herself on the witness stand."

"What does 'truth' really mean, anyway? It's a vague concept at best."

"Jodi trusted Dr. Karp. Unlike Little Miss Ph.D. over there, Dr. Karp made Jodi feel safe enough to reveal how ugly her relationship with Travis really was. DeMarte was cold and stuck-up. Also very intimidating. Jodi told her as little as possible because she knew everything she said would be picked apart, misconstrued, misrepresented, and quoted out of context -- and that is exactly what we've seen in this trial."

"Karp and DeMarte are dysfunctional lesbians, and they are fighting with each other about Jodi, whom they are both in love with. Their reports about Jodi are full of lies, distortions, and omissions because they each want to make people think that the other's report is wrong."

"At time of her meetings with Dr. Karp, Jodi was just a little girl, not yet even 30. Karp was able to use Jodi's child-like trust, innocence and naiveté against her. Like so many other people in Jodi's life, past and present, Karp took advantage of Jodi's gentle demeanor and her eagerness to please -- tricking her into saying many things that weren't true. Jodi hoped that DeMarte would realize that what Jodi told her really was the truth. Unfortunately, DeMarte's just not the fastest bunny in the forest. She had no idea what was really going on."

OK, that's it for now. And just to be safe:

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER -- NONE OF THIS IS TRUE!!!

This the list from Juan about the state witnesses for rebuttal
9: Hayes
10 DeMarte
13 Marsha Parker
15 Zachary Billings
Taylor Searle
20 AlanKreitl
So what does this all mean?

Dr. Jill Hayes was the last witness in the penalty phase. She rebuted? Robert " I was doing so good" Gefner

Dr. Janeen DeMarte was the one that read Cheryl Karp report and stood her ground with I couldn't get any more information because he was dead to Wilmont several times

Taylor Searle was once Travis's room mate and friend. He did not like Jodi, and tells about how possessive she was from the start.

Hmmm Marsha Parker is married to.... Vernon Parker?

Alan Kreitl is a Forensic Document Examiner - he did look at Jodi's journals and the pedo letters and declared the forgery',s Nurmi is still trying to get the pedo letter in. So Jodi is telling about the letters?

snip:
If the witness WAS JA, I could see her requesting her time in the witness box immediately AFTER the Alexander’s gave their VIS. Just more of her, “I’m a victim, TOOOOooooo.”

lol. Plus maybe she needed to address the jury asap after Steven and Tanisha because she was afraid she'd forget what the heck "emotion" looked and sounded like if she had to wait a few days. (Her first allocation was about as emotional as a Stepford Wife on Quaaludes.)

Please pardon the interruption in this train of inquiry. Think of it as a coffee break. Back when Jury I was given its first speaking introduction to the defendant, Nurmi asked her if she had killed Mr. Alexander & immediately asked her why. She replied, "The simple answer is that he attacked me."

When she said that, she was implying that there was a more complex answer, and that that's what this trial was going to be about. Overly complicated answers to simple questions are often the result of trying to hide the truth, and that's exactly what the defense in this case was; a long, tortuous road of obfuscation and distraction, seeking to focus on anything but the simple truth of a brutal and unjustified murder.

Dear Arias Family,

Please accept our sincere apology for the cruel and persistent abuse (physical, psychological, and sexual)) Travis put Jodi through; by sharing with her his thoughts and philosophies about living a truly good, useful, and spiritually rewarding life, and as part of that, introducing her to the religion he felt had helped save his life; by introducing her to dear friends who were, at least initially, willing and eager to accept her with open arms; by continuing to give her the benefit of doubt long after she in any way deserved it; by accompanying her on the road trips she so enjoyed; by helping her start what might have been a profitable business for her (or which could at the very least have given her the opportunity to expand her social circle); by refraining from reporting her various acts of stalking behavior, vandalism, manipulation, and intimidation (of him as well as his friends); by encouraging her, flattering her, loving her; by trying to help her feel good about herself (in the complete absence of any such efforts on the part of, well, you guys, her "family"); by by offering her the warmth and security of his embrace as well as his bed; by helping her financially by paying her to do housework and (after that mean ol' bank repossessed her Infinity -- which, by the way, she had no business driving and should never been sold to her in the first place, given her perpetually precarious financial situation); by attempting to sell her his safe and reliable car on extremely easy terms (and even trying to work out a fair arrangement after she and she alone destroyed the car before she was anywhere close to paying it off); and, last but by no means least (considering her track record), by modeling for her the basics of responsible dog care.

(PS: Aunt Sue -- I'd be happy to help you with orthography and syntax, should you ever desire to improve your writing skills. We could also go over some simple online research skills, should you ever decide to make your writing more fact-based.

I may not be the absolute best person to prepare you for beginning-level classes in ethics, decency, compassion, honesty, and/or altruism, but I'm willing to give it a go if you are. Once you have acquired a general familiarity with these concepts, you might, with some effort, be able to integrate yourself gradually into life in a civilized society.

As the first member of your family to make this arduous journey, you'll be able to forge a path for them to follow you into this terra incognita.

Or then again maybe not. Some people just don't belong in a civilized society.

THIS IS THE POST OF THE YEAR T 4 2. How beautiful and eloquent you sum up Travis and his goodness in the face of pure evil.
I have a question that's nagged at me : When CMJA lied and said travis went into a murderous rage over a dropped camera , why oh why I wondered didn't Juan bring up his gentle response to her destroying a luxury car of his worth thousands. I never understood why he didn't ask the murderer on the stand about that.

Dr. Jill Hayes was the last witness in the penalty phase. She rebuted? Robert " I was doing so good" Gefner

Dr. Janeen DeMarte was the one that read Cheryl Karp report and stood her ground with I couldn't get any more information because he was dead to Wilmont several times

Taylor Searle was once Travis's room mate and friend. He did not like Jodi, and tells about how possessive she was from the start.

Hmmm Marsha Parker is married to.... Vernon Parker?

Alan Kreitl is a Forensic Document Examiner - he did look at Jodi's journals and the pedo letters and declared the forgery',s Nurmi is still trying to get the pedo letter in. So Jodi is telling about the letters?

BBM - Good morning!:coffeews:

I keep circling back to my original thought--that the mystery witness is Bishop Parker. It makes sense, the elderly gentleman led to the back defense tables, along with the media blackout that occurred last Thursday.

Perhaps he is a reluctant witness that had a change of heart after hearing the Alexander's VIS. IF CMJA was seen on the stand--she was possibly laying the foundation for his testimony.

With his wife, Marsha Parker, testifying for the prosecution--Juan knows that whatever Bishop Parker reluctantly testifies to for the defense, will be countered by the testimony of his wife.

Still speculating and MOO. :moo:

Yeah, but that means we're now an hour off from you, meaning the trial will begin @8:30 a.m.. and in Dec. it will be dark at 4p.m. Sucks!!!

But boy don't I dream of your area when it's summer time here :-)

Morning All,
Does anyone remember the name of the officer on the Casey Anthony case who posted here a bit during her trial and Baez called him out on it. I was wondering if Juan could do the same with the Aunt and Mom of JA, since one or both seem to be posting on other sites. Could there tweets or posts be pulled and brought up in this trial? Fair game, you know since JA,s defense did not want any jurors to be on their social media sites.

There is no private social media so I would guess that anything used on social media could be used against you. But would they bother with the ding dong aunt?......probably not.

Morning All,
Does anyone remember the name of the officer on the Casey Anthony case who posted here a bit during her trial and Baez called him out on it. I was wondering if Juan could do the same with the Aunt and Mom of JA, since one or both seem to be posting on other sites. Could there tweets or posts be pulled and brought up in this trial? Fair game, you know since JA,s defense did not want any jurors to be on their social media sites.

If Jodi were to take the stand this time and claim more severe abuse at the hands of her father/mother, would Juan be allowed to rebut it with her post-conviction interview with Troy Hayden and with her own testimony from the first trial? Could he also use Patti's interview with HLN where she states that Jodi had "an idyllic childhood," and Jodi's own allocution where she spoke so lovingly of her family? TIA :)

What time is today, if there is indeed anything today, suppose to start?

Morning All,

Yuri :p- aka Dick Tracey :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members