Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely believe that Nurmi has orchestrated this. He is the one who doesn't want the public to know whats going on.

@monicalindstrom: #Nurmi made as good of an argument as he could have in 9 minutes #Jodiarias, I don’t like his position but it was sound

There goes Monica. Really? Nurmi doesn't like people tweeting about him is sound legal reasoning?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 12s 12 seconds ago

Court is adjourned and they will have a ruling later today on this issue. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 29 seconds ago
David asks court to step in and fix this. Judges state a ruling will be made and released today #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: David asks court to step in and fix this. Judges state a ruling will be made and released today #jodiarias #3tvarias

Bodney is awesome! He just said "this case cries out for remedial protection. Open the court and release Thursdays transcript.". Per Beth site. I like this guy!
nurmis argument sounds so weak!

This thread is moving really fast, lol, argh, I can't keep up, I need a speedreading course.

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 9 seconds ago
David B is back up and says they don't want to halt the trial. He states you can take a camera out but not the public #jodiarias #3tvarias

No! Don't take the camera out. Record it for later!

Expert witnesses especially need to be id'd and their testimony scrutinized by the public. Otherwise, they can say anything without fear of being outed/corrected by other experts reading about their erroneous assertions. A juror question to ALV was whether JA's so called being pushed/kicked by TA was more "abusive" than the multiple stabs, gunshot, neck slicing JA inflicted on him. Her answer, "No." I think the public deserves to know about AVL and similar "experts" in court whose testimony affects juries.

So, basically Nurmi wants this entire trial sealed for the next 50 years to protect himself and the 'expert witnesses.'

Yes, because they must protect Her Majesty :dramaqueen: !

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

:seeya: Hi rose !

Here is where the logic goes out the window for me . . .

So Nurmi wants secrecy now because witnesses have been threatened - but the trial info will come out once sentencing happens.

If someone were to be truly threatening the witness - couldn't they just carry out their "evil deed" once all the trial info comes out? I understand the timing of this - let them testify so she can get sentenced and here's the part I don't get . . . . then it's a non-issue if the witness is somehow harmed? Give them witness protection of some sort - but if they have something relevant to say - let them say it.

The "I hope she chokes on a chicken bone" comment was in no way a threat to anyone (IMO).

There goes Monica. Really? Nurmi doesn't like people tweeting about him is sound legal reasoning?

Completely agree. His reasoning was people are mean to me. Defense attorneys are usually good at shutting out the noise and getting on with their jobs. Why is that so difficult for this man? Who cares what people think? Shutting everyone out so you won't be "scrutinized" is just not good enough.

It doesn't seem to me that there was any logical reason to close the courtroom. None whatsoever. So Nurmi's afraid of deaththreats? I mean come on, Jose Beaz is still alive and his case was much bigger than Nurmi's. Nurmi'll be fine. And Alyce LaViolette will just have to learn to live with those Amazon reviews.

This case bar none has been the weirdest case ever.

So now trials must be held in secret to protect hired guns?

Where in the hell is the logic in that? If they don't want the backlash about their paid opinions then don't testify. Seems pretty simple to me.

So they want to say all of this BS but they don't want anyone to hear them saying it????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD1908