Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing no stay, in part because JM said he didn't want one either. Good for him for rejecting one on behalf of true victims of violence here--- TA's family.

Six years is long enough for them to wait for justice.

I think Juan just wants to get on with his job - of getting justice for Travis - and doesn't care whether the media are there or not. He just wants to get things done. Fair enough. I absolutely agree with that. (And it also proves the idiots wrong who were calling him a 'rock star' in search of the limelight).

HOWEVER - I think this is an important appeal for the media to win. There needs to be open court & open justice - otherwise it's a long but deceptively slippery road to danger.

I am all for Travis' family. My heart goes out to them. However, my concern is how these rulings will affect future trials/victims? I'm looking at this long-term.

See it worked.

The public forgot all about the VIS, they are so focused on finding out who the "secret" witness is and if they'll get their tweets during that testimony.

I'm not sure I EVER want to shop at that store...

I can't get any of the images of it to load, but do a Google Image search for Bullocks Department Store.

David Bodney is good! "The public's trust in the integrity of the process is threatened when the courtroom's closed."

Oh yeah, she admitted in writing in the 12-page letter to try and get rid of Nurmi that she was uncontrollable.

What's the problem??? Didn't she say on national TV that if she had killed TA she would beg for the death penalty??

So, why all the "upset" now? Or was poor Jodi lying there, too?

I watched the Juan questioning her over the weekend.....and I could not keep up with all the lies....I bet over 100 lies.

...oh, and that third gas can fillup.....she was just topping off the car. She said it so quickly like it was trivial matter.

OH...And she accidently slipped and said the trip to Utah was a alibi.

See it worked.

The public forgot all about the VIS, they are so focused on finding out who the "secret" witness is and if they'll get their tweets during that testimony.

EXACTLY. Total smoke & mirrors & diversion from the DT. And - in my opinion - JSS has enabled it by dancing to the whims of a sociopath. I'm not a fan. Sorry...

[/B]

This is why I'm ok with LWOP. However, LWP would not make me happy at all, because we all know she planned this massacre.

In agree. I don't think JSS will give her LWP but it's too bad there isn't a 4th option - LWOP and solitary except for a weekly shower. I'm afraid she'll get along just fine in prison.

I don't want to hear anything about JA fighting for her life. Travis fought for his life, she made a choice and put herself where she is. It makes by blood boil when I her JA fighting for her life.

Bodneys face when KN is testifying that this is merely a backdrop to close the remainder of the case... priceless

But David Bodney didn't even get to read from his paper. I guess the judges have received the info on paper but I still find the way the judges can just interrupt so weird!

I think it is because the time allowed for each hearing is limited. To go through formalities of waiting to interject or question something would consume more of the time each side is allowed to present their argument. JMO

See it worked.

The public did? How do you know? I sure didn't.

If Jodi wants to make up stuff about her family etc to cover her butt or make herself look abused she needs to do it with her family present, she had no problem tearing up Travis with his family there, her family deserves nothing better. She just wanted them out of court so they cant hear all the made up BS coming from her mouth..I would not have allowed it..

nurmi looks sooooooo different on camera,i didn't think he had lost that much weight until i seen the clip of this hearing

Maybe you have to have actually been a victim to know what one is..or who one is..
Or how one responds. That's exactly it. Coming into this case so long ago, I could never reconcile why Jodi would go back...of course, why does anyone? That, we know, is a very complex answer - but never have I met an abuse victim with Jodi's particular set of circumstances to have gone back. Never have I met a victim who stalked her abuser and slashed his tires (dear fate - can you just imagine the wrath harming an abuser's possessions creates!?!) or threaten a prospective girlfriend or cyberstalk or any of the other coercive, manipulative, and controlling things she did to 'keep' Travis.

But I've known abusers aplenty to pull those kind of antics.

For a "victim", Jodi had it made. She had an abuser apparently willing to allow her to date others and relocate to another state; he wasn't even calling her hundreds of times a day, cyber-stalking her, or downloading images of her house via google earth. She was relatively independent; had the support of her family; didn't have children or a mortgage to be concerned over; wasn't controlled financially; had access to a vehicle and was employed. She had what so damn many victims only wish they did - the power and means to leave and stay gone.

JMO and FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member