Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZLawyer, I remarked earlier in my curiosity if this move will actually backfire on the DT, in that this ruling may be the final straw for JSS and will now start railroading the DT on all their motions,requests and ridiculous demands for the sheer fact that is the "nail in the coffin" so to say. I know in my jurisdiction, judges can be friendly until they feel slighted or lied to by one side. Then, litigating in front of them becomes pretty interesting. I know JSS has been extremely gracious to the DT thus far, but I do see that changing now that her ruling is in front of the COA. What do you think?

Doubtful that JSS will ever railroad the DT. Just my take on things.

JSS only seated 6 alternate jurors. I wonder if there's ever been a DP option penalty phase in AZ which ended pre-verdict because there were less than 12 jurors remaining? Can't imagine the blowback JSS would get if that happened.

I attempted to look up case law on this specific issue, from what I have read the trial experience in trying or defending in a penalty only phase is extremely limited. I mostly only found constitutional considerations, and that the chance of life in a "second go around" is substantially higher in these type of cases. I was not able to find case law on the issue you cited, but I am sure it is there. Azlawyer will be more familiar.

I don't see how Nurmi can possibly win this one, as his argument amounted to: "Every high profile case in the state needs to be closed to the public." And on top of that he seemed to offer no specifics (other than about himself) - just saying maybe there could be threats against somebody who might be a witness. Or something.

My guess is his argument was so weak, he HAD to say something.

I am wonderingif maybe he actually wanted to lose.

Thanks :) so it's that same old same old, just doing his job by throwing anything/everything and see what sticks.

Who's back of the head that we are seeing in this pic?

Look @ the body language of the judges . . . .
1) The one on the left has hand up as in "stop" . . . this is a non-verbal disengagement cue in infants. The infant uses this as a means to indicate "I have had enough and I am overstimulated". Of course with an adult, he could be saying other nuanced information depending on the conversation.
2) The female judge has her hand up to her neck, this is covering a vulnerable area. Hands to neck/face/mouth usually mean "protection" or a reaction to some kind of startle response.

(I am only reading info into this based upon my training in infant non-verbal cues - JMO)

Who's back of the head that we are seeing in this pic?

Look @ the body language of the judges . . . .
1) The one on the left has hand up as in "stop" . . . this is a non-verbal disengagement cue in infants. The infant uses this as a means to indicate "I have had enough and I am overstimulated". Of course with an adult, he could be saying other nuanced information depending on the conversation.
2) The female judge has her hand up to her neck, this is covering a vulnerable area. Hands to neck/face/mouth usually mean "protection" or a reaction to some kind of startle response.

(I am only reading info into this based upon my training in infant non-verbal cues - JMO)

BBM: It's Nurmi ! And very interesting remarks about the BL !

:seeya:

Yet another AZL question: You said JSS cannot appeal if she loses the decision, but can the defense team? If so, what is the path? Full court? Then State Supreme Court?

I must say I am very surprised KN's argument was so weak. Unless something was said that didn't get passed on via tweet I will be totally floored if the court rules against the media. JMO.

This makes her sound a bit like the tantrums CA use to pull when she was in court, socialpathic behaviour

And I'm not making this stuff up. It is The Nurmi himself who berated her for her tantrums. He ought to know as he is the object of her wrath. In those instances, i.e. We know her wrath is limitless.

Possibly. Or maybe I'll just go to Maricopa & make up some nonsense. I'm sure Judge Secret Stephens will support ANYTHING I say...

Not unless you are a member of the Defense team. Sorry Judge!

Possibly. Or maybe I'll just go to Maricopa & make up some nonsense. I'm sure Judge Secret Stephens will support ANYTHING I say...

Sounds like a plan. Just don't ask to speak in secret--we want to hear what you have to say.

Isn't it funny that a domestic violence advocate inspires such ire of victims towards her? Very telling, in my opinion, that it's time for her to retire. JMO but I find her antiquated, gender-biased, naive to cluster B personality disorders common in abusive personalities, and horribly confused about the vast difference between verbal abuse (Travis' rather reasonable, imo, name-calling) and an abusive relationship.

What intimate partner violence victim of largely emotional abuse moves hundreds of miles away and stalks her abuser? Anyone know anyone else to ever have done that? What abuser allows a victim to move hundreds of miles away and doesn't stalk them? Anyone else ever known an abuser to be that hands off?

ALV ignored all that. I cannot. Jodi's an IPV victim as much as I am the Queen of England. ;)

I have to say, back in the day.....it was a real fight for the domestic violence fight.
In the early 80's, I'm standing in the courthouse waiting for it to open so I could press charges, when my mother n law showed up.
I let her talk me out of it.
Eventually, tho, I was in hiding, thanks to those who were at the shelter. To make a long story short....I was on the run for over a year, when he died in a car wreck.
In those days, those of us who helped others, we made mistakes but we learned and we built the awareness in this community.
Not once, did we ever victimized the victims, whether it be man, woman or child.

ALV took her piece of violence and stayed in the past. She never went on to grow, in my opinion she remained a victim and wants to stay there. I think she did more of a disservice to herself, even CMJA and those that are to come after. She could never see the whole picture with an open unadulterated mind.
She is not an expert. She hurt more then she ever helped. She should have seen it was Travis who was the actual victim here.

Thanks for the welcome, everybody :toast: Greetings from chilly London.

My opinion on this whole closed court nonsense: FREE press, PUBLIC justice, OPEN court. Even more so in a death penalty case. This is dangerous.
If Jodi doesn't want to testify: Diddums. She was quite happy to stick her face (and everything else) in front of every camera available before now.

If Nurmi doesn't want criticism: Diddums. It's your job. You're getting paid for it. Suck it up.

If an expert witness doesn't want to testify: Diddums. You get PAID for expert testimony. It should be open to public scrutiny.

I love you, lol! You just posted a perfect and to the point post! I like your no nonsense way of thinking! With you 100%.

I must say I am very surprised KN's argument was so weak. Unless something was said that didn't get passed on via tweet I will be totally floored if the court rules against the media. JMO.

It was TERRIBLY weak. It was all vagaries, and what-if's, and yes-but-maybe's.... Nothing to justify the shut-down of press freedoms & public rights. NOTHING. A load of bollocks, basically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx