Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. If judges say things in the ruling that suggest how they feel, then what?

Then, for one thing, Nurmi might not bother asking for special treatment for the rest of his witnesses. And the judge might reconsider her ruling.

Wenwe, I'm glad you get to be here just following along like the rest of us, even if I'm p******d we can't watch the trial live! :seeya:

Thank you! It is so much more fun that just pseudo-transcribing all the testimony because I miss all of your funny quips and the nuances of jokes. But I have to say I would be so all over transcribing this if I could (just sayin)

that was something of a lie on his part....intimating that 2 jurors have been lost due to media coverage of the trial......

REALLY makes me wonder again about that juror-family friend.

Am thinking now that those who think JSS called Nurmi's bluff in closing court might be right. His reasons are so skimpy and lame and ill thought out. And JSS seems to have zero ground to stand on.

Loooooooong time lurker here, and a follower of this case since the beginning. Still working up the courage to jump into the discussion completely, but just wanted to say hello.... :wave:

Welcome, just jump right in, the water is fine.

I only want a stay if they decide move up the Novembr 25th trialdate as well. It's not far to keep delaying this trial.

2pm EST: Fox News just had a short segment on Happening Now with Jenna Lee and 2 guest attorneys. Jenna Lee reported that the defendant JA is the witness who is testifying in secret. With this report I am left to believe it is in fact her. Interesting that both attorneys say this is going to set up an appellate issue for JA later. Some of what was said--hope AZLawyer will weigh in on DA's argument.

Jenna Lee, News Anchor: "We are learning the mystery witness was JA herself...and the Press has an appeal in front of an Appeals Court right now."

Heather Hansen Trial Attorney: "The press went nuts as they should and filed an appeal...the decision today will ultimately be the best decision for an appellate reason...but the trial should be public and cameras should never be left out of the courtroom."

Hebbon Defense Attorney: "With this case it could be extremely embarrassing or intimidating and her [JA] mental illness caused from that abuse [could be harmfully affected] resulting in more problems...giving her a leg up in an appeal...[she believes the argument to be] Public interest versus Defendant's right to fair trial and sentencing."

The 'official' word for the drama that this Defense creates every single day in this retrial ...Diddums!

Frigging bollocksy DIDDUMS!! I am so tired of this sociopath and her poxy much-maligned 'broken' and thrice-cut finger, and her ever-changing array of glasses. FINISH HER!

That judge made the remark to Nurmi about closing off the courtroom being a drastic thing to ask for. Sounds like that was Nurmi's cue to convince him that it wasn't drastic. I don't think Nurmi did well there.

The request to open the court has been filed, but is not scheduled for consideration until Nov. 25. Today's argument was supposed to be just about the stay, but it seems like the judges immediately directed the conversation toward the merits of the "open court" request itself.

Oh thank you. You can take anything that is twisted in my mind and make it so smooth! :)
i can just see us all hanging around for days while a stay is on while they are making up their minds. I thought surely they wouldn't do that to us. If there is a stay and we have to wait, and if jurors are lost, we can all send thank you cards to JSS. If Nurmi's argument today was what he argued in front of JSS, then she has surely lost control. JMO. Of course if you think about it, losing jurors and having a mistrial is likely just what Nurmi wants. Which is why Martinez doesn't want a stay.

Being a survivor of domestic violence myself, I can totally relate, Lyric.

She made me so angry I couldn't see straight. :mad: She really mocked the abuse Travis really went through with JA and trivializing it as if it was nothing when she saw what JA did to Travis. The very fact that she slaughtered him is proof he had every right to be fearful. It was Travis who fit the profile of a domestic violence victim to a tee but oh no, JA was/is a victim.

Right off the bat she let her biases be known and she is 100% a man hater. She wouldn't even admit that Travis had felt fearful when he knew JA was stalking him/slashing his tires but ohhhhhhhhhh if it had been in reverse she would have pounced with both feet to take up for the one being stalked. Well that is........as long as it was a female being stalked.

And her courtroom antics made me gag. She truly was one of the most immature, rude, snide witnesses, I have ever seen, and to call herself an expert witness was even worse. Imo, she was no expert. In fact any DV survivor could have done a better job. To this day I don't understand why JSS didn't call her on being non-responsive and rude. She should have done it each and every time but she didn't and ALV became more and more of a bully to JM. And then she wonders why she got so much backlash from TRUE DV survivors about her illogical opinions. I hope Juan eats her for lunch again. I know he is prepared to take her down a notch even lower than he took her last time.

And the things she found as abusive were plain stupid when it came to Travis.. If Travis batted his eyelashes wrong she would have said it was abuse. Uggggh.

Oh Yes she did, right off the bat said Travis was the abuser! I think she took lessons from JA during her talks on how to handle the prosecution time to question her.
You are right, we could have done a much better job.

Just so unreal! If we hadn't seen it with our own to eyes.

Frigging bollocksy DIDDUMS!! I am so tired of this sociopath and her poxy much-maligned 'broken' and thrice-cut finger, and her ever-changing array of glasses. FINISH HER!

It will take me awhile to catch on to your phrases but I like them! Especially when they end with "finish her"!

One juror was dismissed for personal reasons (iirc) and one was dismissed for approaching the reporter Beth Karas and asking her if she was Nancy Grace. :facepalm:

Just what I said earlier...so KN remark is not all right

@ericksonvision: #JodiArias court scheduled to resume at 1:15 AZ time. Until the appeals court rules later today, the "secret" trial will likely carry on.

LOL. Ah, Gerard, it's refreshing to read your posts amidst all this doom and gloom. 'Finish her' indeed.

I'm ordering my super secret spy decoder ring today . . . . should be here just after November 25th.

AZLawyer, I remarked earlier in my curiosity if this move will actually backfire on the DT, in that this ruling may be the final straw for JSS and will now start railroading the DT on all their motions,requests and ridiculous demands for the sheer fact that is the "nail in the coffin" so to say. I know in my jurisdiction, judges can be friendly until they feel slighted or lied to by one side. Then, litigating in front of them becomes pretty interesting. I know JSS has been extremely gracious to the DT thus far, but I do see that changing now that her ruling is in front of the COA. What do you think?

2pm EST: Fox News just had a short segment on Happening Now with Jenna Lee and 2 guest attorneys. Jenna Lee reported that the defendant JA is the witness who is testifying in secret. With this report I am left to believe it is in fact her. Interesting that both attorneys say this is going to set up an appellate issue for JA later. Some of what was said--hope AZLawyer will weigh in on DA's argument.

Jenna Lee, News Anchor: "We are learning the mystery witness was JA herself...and the Press has an appeal in front of an Appeals Court right now."

Heather Hansen Trial Attorney: "The press went nuts as they should and filed an appeal...the decision today will ultimately be the best decision for an appellate reason...but the trial should be public and cameras should never be left out of the courtroom."

Hebbon Defense Attorney: "With this case it could be extremely embarrassing or intimidating and her [JA] mental illness caused from that abuse [could be harmfully affected] resulting in more problems...giving her a leg up in an appeal...[she believes the argument to be] Public interest versus Defendant's right to fair trial and sentencing."

oh, frigging belocksy diddums! To quote Gerard. :). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl