Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, other cases are getting compared to the Arias case to try and figure out what will happen to Arias in prison and what might be the outcome for Arias. Points of comparison are very common here at WS and have been used on many other threads and other cases for many years. Not sure why it's an issue now.

I think lamb was talking about JVDS.

MeeBee are you as boredified as I am right now?

:laugh: nick from a razor.

That was her suicide attempt.... BUT that darn plastic bic razor STUNG

But she was thoughtful and made herself into a giant tampon so she wouldn't inconvenience her lower bun kmate.

I am honestly not sure what is taking so long to write their opinions. Slow typist?

Thinking, perhaps? :)

AZLawyer - quick question :)

Does the decision of the Appellate Court from today's Hearing have to be unanimous -- or -- 2 out of 3 ?

:tyou:

2 out of 3.

---------------------

I finished watching the video. Bodney seems to think JSS got confused between the standard for kicking out cameras and the standard for kicking out the media. Excellent point, and maybe that's what happened.

I think lamb was talking about JVDS.

And other cases. Just mentioning them to show a similarity is one thing, getting into long discussions and going back and forth is not permitted. It is against TOS. There is a Sidebar thread if posters wish to discuss other cases in relationship to this one.

Thanks, Lambchop

And other cases. Just mentioning them to show a similarity is one thing, getting into long discussions and going back and forth is not permitted. It is against TOS. There is a Sidebar thread if posters wish to discuss other cases in relationship to this one.

Thanks, Lambchop

Oh, alright, thank you!!!!

2 out of 3.

---------------------

I finished watching the video. Bodney seems to think JSS got confused between the standard for kicking out cameras and the standard for kicking out the media. Excellent point, and maybe that's what happened.

:tyou: AZL ... I like the 2 out of 3 better than unanimous :)

I just went to a "good-bye" luncheon and came back... and we're still waiting?!?!?! Geesh!

IMO...there is the real threat....

Yes. The real threat is that, in Jodi World (ie. in psycho/socio bizarro land) - anyone who disagrees with HER, or who poses a threat to HER lifestyle, or who threatens her bizarro cookiee-cutter existence - is a threat to HER. And she will simply dispose. And since she is a functioning psychopath (NOTE: psychopaths are NOT gibbering maniacs running around with machetes, they walk amongst us every day) - she will get rid of them. With no emotion. And hey - if she gets caught - ABUSE!! But it's still all about meeeeee...!!
t
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT think Jodi is mentally ill. Psychopathy is a personality disorder. NOT a mental illness. They know right from wrong. They just don't care. Bundy was a textbook psychopath - possibly the only truly homicidal textbook psychopath we'll see in our lifetime (amazing) - but he was absolutely legally sane. There was just NOTHING there, behind the mask. Same as Arias, to a slightly lesser degree.

Still think the mystery witness is Jodi. The "Death Threats" are the fear of getting the Death Penalty. Even Casey Anthony was Anti-DP. (Is that an okay comparison Lamb Chop?)

I believe it is JA also but I have so much faith in Juan I'm not worried about whom it is. Just ready for justice for Travis.

Oo
Well it seems like this was not the day to miss. Anyone want to give me a quick synopsis, I just got home and don't have time to catch up!

If you don't mind it being in bad english here goes.

3 Appeal judges heard the "stay" motion today from the attorneys representing the media, Juan Martinez representing the State and Nurmi representing JA. Each side got 10 minutes to speak. JM and KN were both against the "stay" and had to divide the 10 minutes between them. JM basically stood up for less than a minute and said that this case is almost 6 years old and the Alexanders want it over with. He does not want a stay of the proceedings. The attorney for the media argued that the closed room request granted by JSS is against the constitution and the rights of the public to be aware of what goes on in the courts. He stated that it's impossible for the public to trust the judicial system if it's being kept out of the courtroom. He was asked "What sort of case warrents a closed courtroom?". He said maybe in rape cases when potential jurors are asked if they've been sexually assaulted. He said in Jodi's case, not only the tesimony is being kept secret, but the identity of the witness as well. He said that this is bigger than the media. It's about openness and fairness.

Kirk Nurmi said that this case is a prime example of when a courtroom should be closed. He mentioned that witnesses (now and/or doing rebuttal) could be threatened for example via social media (IMO: Log off Twitter then) and that this might affect their ability/desire to testify. He said he wouln't argue for such a drastic motion as this one (sealed proceedings) in other criminal cases but that the fact that this is a DP case means that Jodi's rights should outweigh the public's. He said that JSS came to this conclusion as well. He also mentioned that they've given an "end-date" to the jurors and the stay could affect that. He also said that the presence of the media could result in a mistrial.

And he mentioned the fact that he receives death threat for asking certain question in court. One judge told him that that is part of the job.

That's it. In a nutshell. But there's a video! A decision will follow later on today.

2 out of 3.

---------------------

You and I both know how this ruling is coming down. It wouldnt take them long to think about how they were ruling.

Appellate judges doing their version of rock - paper - scissors to make a decision?

Any guesses what "expert" the DT would call to testify the letters weren't forged?

2 out of 3.

---------------------

:pullhair:

What.a.waste.of.time if so

Pfffft
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

@michaelbkiefer: The stay of secret testimony has been granted by the Arizona Court of Appeals according to David Bodney, attorney for the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper